1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D'Antoni needs to be called out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BasketMAD, Dec 31, 2018.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

And yet we were all screaming about how Milk Hair and JBB jeopardized every game because they refused to have set rotations.

Pizza_Da_Hut and HP3 like this.
  2. topfive

topfive CF OG

And thanks for another sterling on-topic post, BigBum!

3. HP3

HP3 Member

Hmm thought u meant his suns days. Fine, but I just wanna say we took the warriors to 7 with that short rotation and CP's injury had nothing to do with that, Luc yea he probably shouldn't have played in that Lakers game I agree but in his defense they are both injury prone.

That being said, yes I agree he needs to expand his rotation because like shook said I think our bench can handle it.

4. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

I love how homers are more excited/fine with Harden chasing another MVP over thinking long-term for a championship. Glad the priorities are in order.

kjayp likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I dun even notice Mike is here.

6. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

sooooo....
    yer saying Harden wants a 2nd MVP...
    and MDA wants wins... and regular season glory and is willing to run his starters high mins to accomplish it... a 'season to cherish even without a championship'?...lol

yeh, see... i dgaf about either of those things...
    dont care about MVP...
    dont care about about COY....
    dont care about regular season stats...
    dont care if we have the #1 all time most efficient offense or whatever...

I care about hitting the playoffs rested and healthy - and then letting the chips fall where they may!

(PS Obviously stats, awards, seeding and all that stuff is good... but not at the the expense of long term goals - which require being healthy and rested for the post season...)

#106 kjayp, Jan 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  7. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

alright dude you have stated your case and "NO ONE CARES" sheeeeeesh now in the short and long term dont make another bone head thread

sirbaihu likes this.
  8. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

alright dude you have stated your case and "NO ONE CARES" sheeeeeesh now in the short and long term dont make another bone head thread

roslolian likes this.
  9. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Actually the Rockets knows when Ennis hamstring will be fine, which he will be playing this next game.

10. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

There I fixed your statement.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

Who cares what you think are you somebody important? A high profile member of the team? Part of the executive staff? Family of the owner? Why are ranting to me what you want? You are just a freaking netizen so don't tell me what you want cuz I don't give a F :rolleyes:

I want 10M dollars and an extremely hot trophy wife but guess what nobody cares! I'm just stating that MDA and Harden's goals are coinciding and the heavy mins are what both of them want.

Please explain how Harden is "being to the ground" if he plays 41 mins vs 36 mins you really think 5 mins of PT is the difference between well rested player and "run into the ground" player esp if thats what he wants and the team is missing both Cp3 and EG wtf. The team has no b2b game for the forseeable future he can rest every other day and party all he wants.

You should go to James Harden and tell him he has no right to defend his MVP, tell him all you care about is being healthy by the playoffs and letting the chips fall where they may and then quickly walk away before he asks why TF he should listen to a complete stranger.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Who cares what you think are you somebody important? A high profile member of the team? Part of the executive staff? Family of the owner? Why are ranting to me what you want? You are just a freaking netizen so don't tell me what you want cuz I don't give a F :rolleyes:

I want 10M dollars and an extremely hot trophy wife but guess what nobody cares! I'm just stating that MDA and Harden's goals are coinciding and the heavy mins are what both of them want.

Please explain how Harden is "being to the ground" if he plays 41 mins vs 36 mins you really think 5 mins of PT is the difference between well rested player and "run into the ground" player esp if thats what he wants and the team is missing both Cp3 and EG wtf. The team has no b2b game for the forseeable future he can rest every other day and party all he wants.

You should go to James Harden and tell him he has no right to defend his MVP, tell him all you care about is being healthy by the playoffs and letting the chips fall where they may and then quickly walk away before he asks why TF he should listen to a complete stranger.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

I love how posters here think they are playing My Gm in NBA 2K and feel like they could actually change the priorities of the players and staff by posting on CF.

I mean Harden already made it clear that b2b MVP is part of his goals this year but posters would rather ignore what is important to him and act like 5 mins of PT is diff between a fresh player and a worn out player. And the funny thing is, nobody on the board can actually chnge anything!

All the posters on CF can agree to trade MCW for Giannis, what will happen then? Nothing! But hey let us all rant about what we want and not enjoy our 10 out 11th win without 2 of our best perimeter players.

LOL I am so done with fools like you. Feel free to circlejerk with kjayp. Once you both agree on what must be done, let me know if something actually happens.

candlegreen, Os Trigonum and Remlap like this.
  14. Remlap

Remlap Member

HOW MANY TIMES DOES THIS NEED TO BE REPEATED??? Are you guys even following James and what he is accomplishing?
    PLEASE READ THIS ARTICLE before passing any further judgement on MDA

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...ak-that-has-turned-the-rockets-season-around/

James Harden is in the process of writing NBA history:
    1) Passed Oscar Robertson to become the first player in NBA history to have eight games in a row of at least 35 points and five assists.
    2) He's now just the third player in the last 30 years to score 400 points in a 10-game span, joining Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant
    as the only 3 stars to manage that. That's a pretty exclusive club.
    3) Also tied Steph Curry's NBA record by making at least five 3-pointers in seven straight games.

Now, James is surely aware of these numbers. Coach is surely aware of these numbers.
    James is a gamer. He has a short window to set these records in his prime.
    Do you think he is going to want to sit on the bench and break the streaks he has set, just because
    it's a blowout game? Would any of YOU??
    I can hear it now years from now: "James Harden could have surpassed ALL of his predecessors
    but he broke his streak by sitting out the second half of a blowout game. Fans were upset that he was scoring so may points.
    So he'll have to be content with what might have been."
    Would YOU want to be the coach that sat down your star player and destroyed his chance to set more NBA
    records and further immortalize himself? Apparently some would.

It's okay Coach, the rest of us are with you. Keep posting those W's and let's watch history continue to be written.

#114 Remlap, Jan 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  15. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Hey man, if you dont care what I (or any other poster for that matter) has to say - fine - just pass it on by...
    If yer waiting for some insight from "somebody important? A high profile member of the team? Part of the executive staff? Family of the owner?" or something... go chase pretend insiders or something i guess... there's enough on here who claim to be... just follow them and ignore 'commoners' such as myself if thats how you wanna roll...:rolleyes:....

and no... Idc about your desires to have 10M or a trophy wife... bc that has nothing to do with the Houston Rockets... whereas I was putting forth my views regarding what I hope would be the priorities of the members of the organization in actually winning a championship...

so sorry to have bothered you by expressing my views and opinions regarding our team on a team fan site - man was I outta line... smh....

16. fattz

fattz Member

MDA is a figurehead and Harden will have to pull himself out and obviously doesn’t want to. Coach doesn’t call plays and can’t make adjustments because he is not in charge... Just a random thought

Harden makes everyone better even coach.

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Translation: some posters think they are smarter than MDA.
    OK. Got it, dudes. Now relax. You're smarter than the coach.

roslolian, Remlap, jordnnnn and 2 others like this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Mike is cool. Harden is cool.

19. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I’m personally not a MDA believer. I think most of our success is do to Harden’s HOF play (and to a lesser extent Gordon and Capela breaking out of their early funk); Jeff Biz D back in the fold doesn’t hurt either.

MDA just isn’t an x’s and o’s Coach. He’s not drawing up plays, he’s not strategic, he’s not a tactician. He brings a philosophy of pace and scoring, and he’s a “players coach”, but I don’t consider him one of the top coaches in the league.

As far as playing our best players too much? That’s probably more on Morey than MDA. We did not go into the season with a deep roster. I think MDA is just reacting to the reality: we are not gonna win unless Harden is on the floor as much as possible.

Could it hurt us in the long run? I think it will. But what choice do we have. This is not a playoff team without Harden playing big minutes. The only way to give Harden a break is to improve the roster. That’s on Morey. I’m still waiting..,,

20. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Why does Keith Jones still work for the Rockets is my Bigger Question. Also Why does Daryl Morey overpay for Injury Prone Players in Dwight Howard, Chris Paul, can't he be firm and say to Chris we can't overpay, or players are too sensitive, they get angry and leave easily.