1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D'Angelo Russell to GSW

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rasheed, Jun 30, 2019.

1. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I'm going to troll them, so badly if they don't get Kawhi.

2. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

I.D.I.O.T.

please tell us more how we wont make the playoffs. jesus

3. foggy94

foggy94 Member

If they keep D'Lo for the playoffs and have three guard lineups with him, Steph and Klay that's gonna be a ton of off ball switching, their usual offense without KD. At least we know how to defend that, keeping Gordon would be pretty beneficial, he's awesome defending GSW's off ball movement.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Eric is getting older slowly but surely too. Dlo is 22 to 23ish.

5. foggy94

foggy94 Member

It's not about keeping up with him in a dead on sprint, Donovan Mitchell is 9 years younger than Gordon too, and Eric had him in his back pocket in the Utah series.

Off ball switching requires great timing and communication, which Gordon has. Ariza was older and more broken down in the 2018 playoffs than Eric will be this year. but he was still incredible defensively on those switches that series. Plus, he has familiarity with the scheme, he's been a part of it defending the Warriors for years now.

BigShasta, jboslett and daywalker02 like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol Utah having guys Klay and Steph, it’s over.

I agree though.

Dlo will however increase their pace.

7. JW86

JW86 Member

Not that big of a deal in my opinion, at least he didn't go back to LA with his big mouth. Getting rid of Iggy, will they get some flack for that? They should. Warriors are not a threat.

BigShasta likes this.
  8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Why??

I guess so they can flip him at a later date?

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No doubt about that.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Warriors Expected To Eventually Trade D'Angelo Russell

The Golden State Warriors will acquire D'Angelo Russell in a sign-and-trade with the Brooklyn Nets, but he may not be a long-term part of their franchise.

"D'Angelo Russell does not fit there whatsoever," said Marc Stein of the New York Times on the Dan Patrick Show. "They just did not want to see Kevin Durant walk out the door with no compensation. ... They will trade him. It's just a matter of when."

Russell will receive a four-year, $117 million contract from the Warriors.

The Minnesota Timberwolves and Los Angeles Lakers also expressed interest in Russell.

[​IMG]

B-Bob and Vivi like this.
  11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

But what if there are teams out there that don't want D'Angelo Russell at almost $30 million per? I get that you don't want to lose Durant for nothing but betting that some team will rescue you and trade for Russell at max salary is...very wishful thinking.

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Well, i hope they don't get back **** but you know who had interest in Russell...Gersson...and he can trade you know who...Covington (and Dieng).

If that somehow happens the Warriors would've basically swapped Iggy with Covington.

13. jacoby

jacoby Member

I'll never understand Golden State's seemingly unlimited cap situation.

Why would maxing out Butler in a sign-and-trade hard-cap us but Golden State is able to acquire a 22 year old All-Star without getting hard-capped? @BimaThug

chievous minniefield likes this.
  14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

don't worry, silver will smooth over any bumps that might come along

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

because their bird rights on KD. Same trick we're trying with Shumpert except nobody wants Shumpert.

RKREBORN and B-Bob like this.
  16. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't quite get why Russell would do this. It sounded like things were lined up for the T-Wolves, where he'd play with KAT, or join the Bron/Brow Lakers. Or, he could have gone down the road to lead the Knicks.

Now he goes to a Warriors team that will then trade him wherever they choose?

B-Bob likes this.
  17. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

probably because he knows he wouldn't get max money from any other team out there.

18. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

Any cap rule experts know when they can trade Russell? You can't immediately trade someone you add in a S&T right?

19. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

No, the Warriors WILL be hard-capped! By acquiring De'Angelo Russell via S&T, the Warriors are subject to a hard cap at the apron. THAT is why they had to use a potential 2024 LOTTERY PICK to dump Iguodala! It also means that they'll likely lose Looney and Boogie to other teams, will have to pay someone to take Livingston's partially guaranteed contract off their hands, and they could lose both Bell and Cook to even small offer sheets!

Bottom line: This move completely decimates any hopes the Warriors have of (non-minimum) depth for next season. Their team will be Curry, Russell, Draymond and a bunch of vet minimum guys (until Klay comes back). Even when Klay returns, 3 of their 4 non-minimum guys would be guards. I actually didn't like this move (for next season) for the Warriors. I get that they did this to salvage SOMETHING from the loss of KD and probably intend to trade Russell come January. But they are definitely subject to a hard cap once they get Russell.

20. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

Boogie was always headed somewhere else for more money, and Livingston is at least 50/50 to retire. Otherwise I think you're right though.