1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D'Angelo Russell Secretly Tapes Swaggy P Talking About Hooking Up With Other Girls

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by el gnomo, Mar 29, 2016.

1. sew

sew Member

Apparently it was a prank.

2. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

3. Zergling

Zergling Member

Wow hopefully this continues and they look into trading him. I'm sure the Lakers would like to have someone like Ariza back. Few picks and salary matching and it could work. His contract is really friendly.

4. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Well, I never suggested his motive was for the right reasons. ;) But at least he exposed a cheater and prevented a doomed marriage.

5. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

ya, but it apparently didn't happen yesterday. It was old news, so I honestly wonder. It's strange to hit with such a nonchalant tweet about something like this, lol

6. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Dumb move by Russell, but he'll apologize and people will move on. People tend to forgive. The Spurs don't give a damn that Parker slept with a teammate's wife. Not ex-wife of ex-teammate, like Derek Fisher and Matt Barnes, Parker was boning the wife of a man in the same locker room. This is nothing in comparison.

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Really odd "prank." One of you said "dark," and that sounds right. It's just a disturbingly F'ed Up thing to do.

There was that quote from coach Scott earlier this year that the dude is like 19 going on 14. I guess if you draft someone like that, it's worth the money to hire a full-time life coach to help the person learn to be an adult fast (or faster than slow).

8. Marteen

Marteen Member

This is gold, because it's the Lakers. No pun intended.

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Hell, his agent should be hiring the life coach.

10. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I've always thought swaggy P would be a good fit here. His personality would go along well with harden

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

It's a shame we don't have our first this year. Could maybe do a Capela/1st for Russell.

12. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I would give up Brewer/jones/ariza/Dmo if it ment we could have Durant and swaggy off the bench

13. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

no hate on kobe. just saying kobe did the same thing when he snitched on shaq for cheating on his wife

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">When I reported that D'Angelo Russell's name came up in trade discussions, the reason that was even considered was his immature behavior</p>&mdash; Brian Geltzeiler (@hoopscritic) <a href="https://twitter.com/hoopscritic/status/715174730114932736">March 30, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Well Kobe is teaching him all his ways. Kobe put Shaq on blast about his infidelities.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

yes because bringing in a 19 yr old kid into the league isn't supposed to be immature initially

17. dragician

dragician Member

Lakers need a little excitement...

18. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

LOL that's a bit overdramatic.

**** happens, people make mistakes, I made a TON of them when I was his age, ones which I thought people would never get over, and guess what they did.

Like someone else said, talent wins out. Best possible thing Russell could do is bury his head in his job, forget friendships, and play some f**king basketball. If he ends up being a star player, nobody will care in two years time. The Lakers should squash this if they had any sensibility at all. Say it was stupid on both of their parts, say if you want to be apart of this organization next year, shut the f**k up and get the f**k over it, to everyone. They're getting paid to play a game, and anyone who gets paid will ultimately listen to what their boss has to say.

And guess what, people will get over it if he becomes a very good player.

19. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

Nick Young wasn't even being all that discreet either, he picked up a girl from a CLUB in LOS ANGELES.

20. sew

sew Member

Squash it? I mean I guess the Lakers PR department could come out and say there are no issues, but there ain't no way Swaggy P is going to just let this go.