1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Damn, Caserio.....

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by hlmbasketball, Sep 18, 2023.

1. raining threes

Caserio is and always has been the right man for this job.

Some posters have issues admitting this.

eliefor3 and Champs like this.
  2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

best draft class of 2023

3. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Shark44 and raining threes like this.
  4. Champs

Champs Member

Yep. Had some work buddies in Boston swear he was very much an integral part of their run, so I was extra patient. You see him all over the Apple Tv Dynasty series as well. In Caserio we trust.

raining threes likes this.
  5. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

#425 hlmbasketball, Mar 5, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2024
    Deep Steel Truth likes this.
  6. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

It’s just impossible to give ppl props huh?

At the start of last year’s offseason in a ranking of who had the best future going forward, the Texans would have been ranked last:
    They missed out on the #1 pick, fired their coach, and were coming off years of implosion.

SOOOO MUCH MORE THAN THE COACH HAS CHANGED.

Caserio hired Demeco Ryan’s (consensus top candidate)
    Drafted CJ, WAJ, Tank Dell
    Signed a bunch of one-year prove it deals to give us the biggest cap possible the following year depending on how the season went and the players played.

yes, the McNairs have started changing the culture, YES, Demeco is an energizing and great coach, YES, I’m sure everyone made some of these decisions together.

but good lord man, we were scraping the bottom of the league with our suck and it was one guy’s job to get us out of it and HE DID. Just enjoy it and keep going. We are now in talks of being in the top 3 teams of best future in this sport behind the 2 teams that just played in the Super Bowl!!! I’m thankful for coach Ryan’s, and I’m really thankful for the guy that hired him as well….

7. raining threes

The GM and HC being on the same page and the GM getting the HC the talent he needs to be successful. Also it doesn't hurt that Ryans and Caserio hit on a top 5 ish type QB.

TheMystery008 likes this.
  8. Champs

Champs Member

And Demeco would be the FIRST one to tell you how lucky he is to have Caserio. Have you really not been paying attention to how highly Ryans speaks of Nick? Who are you to go against Meco?

houstonstime likes this.
  9. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

See, I don't think Demeco was Caserio's hire, I think it was the McNair's hire, along with it being Demeco's dream job. Also, couldn't you tell that there was a DIFFERENT approach to the players who were being drafted and players who were picked up in FA, than in previous yrs?? To me that start with Demeco.

You're 100% right! But let's not forget that it wasn't originally like that. If you go back and look at Demeco's press conference, Caserio thought he was about to be fired. That's how I know Demeco was not Caserio's hire but the McNair's hire.

However, I'm sure after he was hired, they talked and Demeco laid out his vision and Caserio was ok.

But I think Demeco changed the type of player they were bringing in the bldg and their draft needs. Not saying its all Demeco but things have changed dramatically since he was hired!

10. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Before Demeco and discounting the DW4 trade, which was a layup for most NFL GM's, what did he do that you could say was benefical to the Texans?

His drafts were "C" grades at best, his trades were all low grades.

Phillyrocket likes this.
  11. raining threes

I agree with this, Caserio wanted Gannon. The McNair's did what they always do and went for what was the best PR move. They got lucky all of this worked out and I wanted Ryans.

Since Ryans entered the building down on Kirby it's been Caserio's job to get Ryans the guys he wants on defense and Slowik the guys he wants on offense. So far this collaboration has worked out well. BTW, Caserio did the same things with Lovie and Pep.

12. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Yawn. It doesn’t matter obviously, anything good was the mcnairs, or Demeco. Anything bad was caserio. Except when the mcnairs gave all the power to BOB and Easterby, that was actually caserio as well from New England, Demeco called Hannah and told her to draft Stingley while he was in San Fran and then he might come join us.

this forum is criminal at moving goal posts based on who they want to look good and bad.

This team was a spiraling dumpster fire coming off of the worst trade of a star WR in league history and a franchise qb wanting out but in serious legal trouble..
    anyone outside would look at the GM to fix this. But not us. When our GM fixes it, it’s suddenly ownership who hadn’t made a good coaching choice in over a decade. Don’t BS with “any GM could have done the Watson deal” there was soooo much to that. He had a no-trade clause, and 24 sexual assault charges. He got a HAUL which led to a bunch of amazing picks that you have then given credit to Demeco for using.

sorry I started this by posting the article. I’m just happy my team, which had me suffering as a fan for years, is now widely regarded as one of the best off franchises in the league. I’m happy with every aspect of it. I have not always agreed with caserio’s choices, but he put us on this path and the new coach and owners have definitely helped.

raining threes, Champs and cmoak1982 like this.
  13. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Demeco got hired because this was his dream job and NO ONE wanted to work here. Several analysts/journalists have all commented that the Texans were viewed as the most toxic trash organization in the NFL. I’m not talking about blowhards like SAS on ESPN either. Like beat writers for SF, Denver (where Demeco also interviewd). We were viewed as garbage by everyone. Worse than Carolina if you can imagine.

Nick was always the type to work with his coach on building the team. Everyone knew Lovie was a rent hire but he still listened to Lovie and picked Stingley instead of Sauce. I suspect he also picked Green on the basis that the coaching staff wanted a power running game and needed a road grater in the IOL. Which Green was coming out of A&M.

also let’s not forget that Nick was working for Jack Easterby for his first two years. Regardless of his GM title.

Blatz and raining threes like this.
  14. raining threes

Great post

This should be required reading for some posters.

Caserio's philosophy of getting the types of players the HC wants has really contributed to the teams success. Ryans has even said as much, he trusts Caserio to do the best he can to get the guys Ryans wants. It is such a good thing that finally after all of these years the GM/HC are working together to try their best to bring a Lombardi to Kirby, rather than the in fighting that has been going on down on Kirby for the last 15 years.

red5rocket and cmoak1982 like this.
  15. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

See THIS is what I'm talking about! The Texans were on a high and Caserio blew it in one day.....WHAT IS HE SAVING MONEY FOR??

Barkley wasn't the be all but there were other players he could have signed too; Jacobs, Swift, McKinney, etc.

We NEED a RB, S, LB, DT, etc. Caserio continue to go after bottom feeders, avg players when Super Bowl Contenders go for the talent

Lonnie Johnson??? Come on Bro! Keep backing this avg performance.

16. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Ok,
    1. This is not what you were referring to.
    2. Cmon man, I’ve been vocal about my disappointments in the free agency thread, I don’t like this any more than you do, and I don’t agree with it. Was it necessary to come find a post and spark this up again?
    3. I still maintain what he did in the last year has been nothing short of amazing, but yea, this is a pretty big let down so far.

ROCKSS and raining threes like this.
  17. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

So I guess it’s not all Demeco anymore … unless the moves turn out good then of course it is.

18. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

To me Demeco suggest what type of players he want and he who he wants but its up to Caserio to complete the process. To get the player.

Wattafan and raining threes like this.
  19. raining threes

I o think Ryans wanted Al Shaair over Luvu.

20. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

So then CJ Stroud, Will Anderson, Tank Dell, Dalton Schultz, Azeez, etc… all Caserio completed process. Guess I can’t hate him yet. (I’m still disappointed tho)