1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Damian Lillard

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by haoafu, May 3, 2012.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Think Portland will pick him at #6.

2. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Both draftexpress and nbadraft have him listed at 6'2". He does have the potential to be a very good NBA PG, but has played in college as a combo. But if he can show that he can play the point in the NBA he could be very good.

3. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sacramento has Isiah Thomas Jr, so I doubt they'll be getting him. If anything they're looking for veteran help at the PG spot.

4. SPF35

SPF35 Member

Watching workouts/practices in my opinion is the best way to evaluate

[​IMG]

5. Rivers

Rivers Member

I see Lillard going 6,8 or 10. He is a need for Blazers, Raptors, Hornets.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This is why he is worth the pick at #5 or #6.

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/i...-draft-trail-blazers-damian-lillard-poll.html

[​IMG]

Damian Lillard
    Weber State
    Position: PG
    Height/weight: 6-3, 185

Mock drafts:
    • NBA.com: 6, Blazers
    • NBADraft.net: 6, Blazers
    • RealGM.com: 6, Blazers
    • HoopsWorld.com: 6, Blazers
    • SI.com: 8, Raptors
    • DraftExpress.com: 10, Hornets
    • ESPN.com (Insider): 10, Hornets
    • SportingNews.com: 10, Hornets
    • SB Nation: 10, Hornets
    • CBSSports.com: 11, Blazers
    • NBA Draft Insider: 11, Blazers

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

He looks like a nice player, and certainly hyper productive in college, but did Weber State really play anyone good?

8. dje243

dje243 Member

He looks great. But I will be sorely disappointed if we draft a PG no matter who he is. I think we need to invest in big men more than anything else, and if you have a shot at a SG with some real upside then you obviously have to take that chance too. With the way we deal with PG's around these parts, it's hard for me to get excited about drafting one. I'm also not sure drafting a PG is the best messenge to send Dragic:

"You're our PG of the future! Nevermind what we did to our last two starting PG's of the future! By the way, we drafted a PG with a lot of upside, but don't worry you're our guy!"

9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

So, Llull wants to come over but decides there is a logjam at TheToyShop. DM the GM goes to the 'ASSET hat' and swaps him for positive return. What's so bad about that?

Lilliard is the Point of affection everywhere, yes? So it seems. OK, how much value is gained by having the #6 pick over say the #12? There appears to be a large tier of guys who could go anywhere in that range???

10. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

I don't understand the obsession with this kid. He isn't a real PG. An undersized 2, who put up points against bad competition.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

NBAdaft.net:

http://www.nbadraft.net/damian-lillard-radar

12. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Keep in mind that (a) Lillard--if picked in the lottery by the Rockets--would obviously be viewed by the organization as a superior prospect to Llull; and (b) Llull is likely going to command a sizeable contract if he comes over.

Llull's contract would likely be similar to Scola's initial deal - 3 years, $9-10M. That's approximately the same amount that the #6 overall pick makes during the first 3 years of his rookie deal; and the Rockets wouldn't have the benefit of a FOURTH year team option AND the ability to keep that pick as a restricted free agent after that fourth year.

I agree with xiki that Llull's rights can always be traded for something else of value. Here's hoping it's more than just some luxury tax relief in a year or two (like the Spurs got for Scola).

13. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

The way he gets to the rim and finishes reminds me of Kevin Johnson (Phoenix) ... although KJ was a much better passer but didn't have a consistent 3-pt shot ...

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I see some KJ, but also some Rose.

An athletic player who works hard, can drive, AND shoot is always intriguing because that can be a pretty complete player. i'd be worried about his size because he's not as physical as lowry and i'm not sure he's faster than brooks, with the ball, at least. I've seen his workout videos though and he's doing some good stuff.

15. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Llull's desire to come to the NBA coupled with talent level will valuate his
    assetedness.

I hope he forces the issue with his play and then let everything sort itself out.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Heres Lillard's interview.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AWsbSiTc32I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y3My0KilXj0?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y3My0KilXj0?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

If Dion (Waiters?) has a lottery promise, and he's seen as a combo guard, doesn't that place a high stock on Llull? He has a lot of similarities, in fact, he's a little taller and better at the point.

As long as his rights go to a team needing him, wouldn't he be worth a late lottery pick (IF he doesn't get cajoled into re-signing with his current team)?

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

It'll be nice to see a player from a tiny college get drafted in the top 10.

20. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

He won't be there. He will be gone in the top ten.