1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Dallas] NFL player's police saga at Plano hospital captured on dash cam

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Air Langhi, Mar 26, 2009.

1. HKC

HKC Member

You're probably right. The officer must hate black people like George W. Bush.

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

please point out where mrpaige said it was race-related. you can be a dick and in the wrong without being a racist. ask madmax. he argues about everything.

1 person likes this.
  3. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

Yes. That's exactly what I said. Despite the fact that I said I doubted it was race-related and more that the guy is just a jerk on a power trip who's own bosses say he was wrong, I really meant that he handled it the way he did because of the race situation.

I'm just saying that 20 seconds is pulling over right away. The officer immediately pulls his gun and makes no effort to ascertain, despite the fact that they're at the EMERGENCY ROOM, if there is an emergency. And your fantasy of "They might have just seen the hospital and pulled in to try and avoid the ticket" could be avoided simply by taking half a second to try to verify or noting that they turned onto the street that has nothing BUT hospitals on it and deadends in hospital parking lots FAR before the officer ever caught up to them.

Also, it probably was especially bad since the red light in question was on off-ramp of the George Bush Turnpike.

4. updawg

updawg Member

he'd probably screw up that situation and shoot you

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Chances are. . . he will be the REASON the **** hits the fan

Rocket River

6. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Wow some folk ahem*HKC and the nuisance that shall not be named* really do like to stir the pot or they just have comprehension issues.

Amazing.

7. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

So, after having your argument completely discredited, you go with this weak-ass crap? Stop posting.

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

HKC has pretty much been on a reign of **** posts today.

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I do agree with certain aspects of this too. For sure what cops dont EVER like is people making spontaneous moves of their own after they've been pulled over. Innocents and assailants all mostly look the same to them. Police have guns but that doesnt mean whoever they're pulling over doesnt have guns.

And we want cops to clean out every ill of society, sweep the streets of all the crookedness. Then want them to help take down kitties stuck in the tree. Two differing approaches there, not much balance can be struck. Its usually either caring or hardcore.

But in this instance the cop could have given a liiiitle more leeway I think. Coulda simply said I already pulled you over so I'ma give you a quick ticket, prove the emergency to a judge not me.

1 person likes this.
  10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

HKC = WWR

1 person likes this.
  11. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Just another reason to hate Dallas and cops.

Sad story...

12. ccada

ccada Contributing Member

I think you could hear it in the guy's voice that he wasn't fabricating a story. But whatever the case may be, just let the guy go in, and wait by the car if you have to, or better yet, don't give him a ticket at all. Girls get warnings all the time by flirting with the police (just an example). I think he could've given a pass to a guy going through an extraordinary circumstance like this. He shouldn't be fired, but he should have known better, and it is unfortunate that he has fueled the fire that cops are jerks/power hungry/racist, etc. because a lot of cops I know are good, decent people.

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It is kind of impressive really.

HKC, step away from the keyboard...
    :)

14. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Looks like he has...

1 person likes this.
  15. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

Just watched the unedited video. Didn't see or sense any racism at all, seemed to me that the cop was just ignorant and inconsiderate, then anything else. Looked like he didn't like Moat's attitude(understandable) when he first got out and the cop had to flex his egotistical muscle to show show em whose the boss.

1 person likes this.
  16. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

What a d******d, I hope his ass gets fired.

17. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

You, sir, are a frickin' idiot.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I wish I could say I was surprised, but so many cops get an inflated sense of self importance.

Never forget they work FOR YOU !!!

DD

19. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

One of my sorority sisters who used to live up there said Moats was one of her high school classmates and he was very gracious and nice.

This is just wrong. Holding him up was so unnecessary!! Just give him the ticket and let him go. Ugh!

20. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

He got suspended.

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa/latestnews/stories/wfaa090325_mo_detained.6f8a23c1.html