1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dallas Love Field airport shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rox1, Jun 10, 2016.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Cop should be fired, this is an example of the BACKWARDS logic that we have in America. When the cop decided to fire there was a 50-50 shot that he could've killed the guy. All this because a guy was running with a rock? Abhorrent, deplorable behavior from the cop and he should be punished for it but instead most americans will celebrate him as if he was a hero doing his job.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Not happening. A wounded perp can sue. Dead men tell no tales.

Plus shooting to wound? LOL that some Hollywood bull****.

3. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Why do cops even have tasers?

4. Mr. Motiejunas

I am tired of all this killing against my people. When will it end?

5. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Our policing tactics need to change, but I don't fault the cop for relying on his training. Two cops in average shape should be able to subdue a man with a rock instead of using deadly force.

6. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I feel the same way. Idiot should have complied. But our officers are in dire need of better training. Maybe they need a Gracie University subscription? :grin:

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

My thoughts basically. From the video it wasn't clear their were two cops at first. And we don't see the guy shot. A decent size guy, with a rock, given the training and weapons at his disposal, I don't fault the cop for firing... though 8/9 shots seems extreme.

I am all for getting some serious non-lethal weapons, be it tasers or something else.

8. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

He was'nt just running with a rock .. He already had destroyed a car with them and they were some big ass rocks .

9. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

<iframe width="476" height="267" src="http://abc13.com/video/embed/?pid=1380821" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A better video. Shows the guy wrecking the ex gf's car and going towards the police and daring them to shoot him.
    The idiot just wanted to die.

10. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

http://abc13.com/news/police-shoot-man-amid-domestic-disturbance-at-dallas-airport/1380287/

#30 ferrari77, Jun 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  11. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Not sure what to think. The guy clearly wasn't thinking straight for whatever reason and acted in a disturbing way. He could have really hurt some people.

On the other hand, that's someone's father (according to the article) and a cop almost killed him for throwing rocks.

Insane.

12. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

You know what, after watching the video, I fully agree with the officer's actions. The dude just smashed up a car with anything he could grab. The officer gave him many warnings, gun drawn, and the dude still kept getting closer with huge rocks in each hand. After charging, the officer fired 4 shots that initially downed him. He got up and charged the officer again, which another 5 shots were fired. After supposedly taking 8 shots, he's still alive, amazingly. Non-lethal force wasn't going to stop him. Lethal force barely did.

That guy was out of his mind. He felt like he had nothing to lose after losing his job, and I guess his visit to the ex-gf didn't work out how he wanted. He dared the officers to shoot him. That's just stupid.

Good thing Paul Blart rolled up at the last minute to assist.

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Wow... Scary video. Dude was put down by a couple of shots...got back up and continued to charge the cop. No wonder so many shots were fired.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If you can't take down a guy with a rock . . .
    you d*mn sure cannot take down a wounded guy with a rock

Rocket River

15. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Saw the video

obviously police acted as they should have. They had no choice. You don't come at the police and expect not to get popped.

/thread

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

To use them against females

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Yep. Charge a cop after they tell you to get on the ground at a freaking airport of all places. Poor shot placement on the part of the cop. Needs more training, someone could have been hurt.

18. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    The assailant was out of his mind in an enraged state, causing property damage, and wielding rocks and traffic cones (!) as weapons in an area with innocent bystanders and children. The threat to the area was high -- that's why we have the police in the first place -- to protect the civilized among us from these types of threats.

Let me say as a private citizen and not an officer, If I were charged in such a manner by this person, I would have waited about 10% of the time as the police officer did to fully discharge my weapon. I have a 15+1 magazine and I would need to replace every round in the clip when I was done. This was amazing restraint shown by the officer and a real success story in that no innocents were harmed. Even the assailant lived, so this situation was handled perfectly by the officers. Quite honestly, it's these types of threats that are why I so passionately defend the right to keep and bear arms. Love Field is very close to some nice areas of Dallas -- so this can happen literally anywhere.

GOOD DAY

19. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Lol @ the armchair cops.

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

as far as I know the guy has not died but instead is in the hospital

there are dozens of videos on youtube and elsewhere showing how tasers can be ineffective:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=f90237a251ad" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>