1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dallas Cowboys 2015 - 2016

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by cml750, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I loved the part about the "don't score" bit. Umm....why not exactly? And, it was their coaches saying that. It made zero sense. The only thing I could think of is the Giants were scared the Cowboys would turn around and score a TD with the time left. Then, recover an onside kick and kick a FG or worse...score another TD...in the time remaining. That's pretty foolish and paranoid thinking there. The chances of that occurring are very low but I think the Cowboys had a game like that where they scored, recovered an onside kick, and scored again to win earlier in Romo's career at Giants stadium. They must have been flashing back to that or something. I'm honestly not sure they would have been able to run it in anyway because it can be hard to score from the 2 or 3 yard line when everyone knows you are running it. Does that mean their whole offensive line wasn't blocking with full force? That is such stupid football on Coughlin's part. I'm shocked. I know Garrett had some clock management gaffes that cost us games a few seasons back...but nothing even close to this ridiculousness.

Per Murray and the eGals, I love how they are paying $42 million to Murray to be a bit player sharing time with 2 other running backs. It doesn't really make sense to me. But, it's only one game. Murray seems to have it made, though, as the pressure is off of him because he's not carrying, versus sharing, the load. Yet, he's being paid as a premiere first option running back.

#21 Surfguy, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  2. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it's only one week, but LOL

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/co...-but-not-as-much-as-murray-misses-cowboys.ece
    the falcons didn't sack bradford last night, and we only got one on eli. i'd like to see more pressure. how will the gregory injury impact that?

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">NFL acknowledged to NYG that in Sunday loss, officials blew 2 calls in end zone: DRC didn't commit PI &amp; Daniel Fells was held on last pass.</p>&mdash; Kimberly Jones (@KimJonesSports) <a href="https://twitter.com/KimJonesSports/status/644568089355513857">September 17, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. Surfguy

I could have sworn there were two highly questionable PI non-calls in the first quarter that went against the Cowboys and one was in the end zone where we had to settle for a FG. Or, do they only make these proclamations about end of game calls? This is 100% horsesh_t man!

5. Surfguy

I could have sworn there were two highly questionable non-calls in the first quarter that went against the Cowboys and one was in the end zone where we had to settle for a FG. Or, do they only make these proclamations about end of game calls? This is 100% horsesh_t man! I guess it was NY asking for a review of plays that would have benefited them.

6. cml750

cml750 Member

OK, week one is in the books. Next up is the Eagles who since the early 90's, replaced the Redskins as my most hated NFL franchise. With Chip Kelly and his offense, this should be a good game. Rod Marinelli has thus far schemed well against Kelly's high octane offenses. Should be an very good game.

7. cml750

cml750 Member

Romo is the most clutch QB in the game!!!!!

LINK

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The latest —&gt; RT <a href="https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL">@AroundTheNFL</a>: Dez Bryant expected to miss 10-12 weeks after undergoing bone graft <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet">@RapSheet</a> reports <a href="http://t.co/jbE5HoalGS">http://t.co/jbE5HoalGS</a></p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/645556131738316800">September 20, 2015</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Long-term, a bone graft is good news for Dez Bryant’s foot healing. Short-term, it lengthens his timeframe. Could be out until Dec.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/645557119425626112">September 20, 2015</a></blockquote>

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Wow. Fractured left clavicle for romo.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Definitely will need him in the playoffs but still best team in the division.

Eagles look like ****.
    Redskins are a clown show.
    Giants...are the Giants.

8 weeks, earliest would be Miami/

vs. ATL
    @ NO
    vs NE
    BYE
    @ NYG
    vs SEA
    vs PHI
    @ TB
    @ MIA
    CAR
    @ WAS
    @ GB
    NYJ
    @ BUF
    WAS

#30 J.R., Sep 20, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  11. Surfguy

I think we're screwed but we will see.

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

With 9 rushing yards, the inept Sam Bradford out rushed DeMarco Murray by 7 yards. I think last year's great rushing by Murray might have been more about the line than the runner, you think?

That was a fun game to watch because the Eagles made me laugh. Heal quickly Romo! Take us home, Weeden!

13. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

glad we started 2-0, the record could easily be 0-2 at this point. the penalties have to stop for this team to continue winning without it's top two offensive players out for the next 2 months at a minimum.

14. don grahamleone

I don't know about you, but I thought the refs did a horrible job. They were nitpicking and not letting inconsequential things go. It ruins the pace.

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Anyone think Romo will wind up on IR/DR?

16. don grahamleone

#36 don grahamleone, Sep 20, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  17. cml750

cml750 Member

Ugh!!!! We are stuck with Weeden now. At least the defense has looked really good the first two games with better players coming in after week 4. Maybe Romo and Dez can come back and get us to the playoffs in the second half of the season. If we had to lose Romo, at least we have a two game lead on Philly and NY (I do not consider the Skins a threat at all). This really sucks.

18. cml750

cml750 Member

I doubt it.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Heard witten sprained a few things as well

20. cml750

cml750 Member

He is one tough SOB. I doubt he misses any time!!!!!