1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dallas Cowboys 2014-2015

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Francis3422, May 4, 2014.

1. mick fry

mick fry Member

Lee is a victim of the Jerry curse. Its gonna be another loooong season.

2. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

And we're now on Day 2 of Cryboy fans screaming at the top of their lungs, "Please, please, please...for the love of GOD believe us...we DO NOT CARE about the Texans or what their fans think of us!!!!!!"

And now we discover, in addition to his Texans obsession, the ASTROS are apparently at the forefront of his thoughts on a constant basis as well!

As I suspected, Cryboy fans have a complete Houston complex.

Hey, can somebody go back and check...who first brought up the Texans in this thread with regards to their record?

3. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Lmao... cool story bro... :rolleyes:

4. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Wow .. The dc poster meltdown.

Sucks for the Cowboys, I obviously won't shed a tear.... But they'll be better off not being mediocre... 8-8.

They suck. But even then they suck at sucking .

6. dc1985

dc1985 Member

whatever. you say I have a Houston complex but your the one trolling another teams thread. I haven't trolled a single Texans thread. The first post was on page three say cowboys suck. I mentioned if your 2-14 you should say anyone sucks. I dont say Texans suck. They had a rough year. Big deal. Who cares. Me along with other Cowboys fans would just like a thread to talk about our team. Its in the Football section. There is a whole forum to talk about the Texans yet you and others feel the need to come into a sub forum and thread to get your rocks off talking about a team that is just as crappy as yours. Until Texans fans invaded our thread there wasn't a single mention of them. It was just all Cowboys talk. If you hate them so much why go into a thread that says Dallas Cowboys 2014-2015. Start one that says Cowboys suck. The fact all you Texans fans continue to stick around to battle the which crappy Texas team is more crappy fight is beyond strange to me. The fact you stay here tells me you have a Cowboys complex. Get over your obsession bro just follow your team.

And the fact I mentioned the Astros does not prove I have a Houston Complex. By that ass backwards logic if I mentioned shoes am I obsessed with them. How about dogs, or cats because according to you if I mention it im obsessed with it.. No its simply I'm an Astros fan pointing out the fact that I bet teams that are better than the Astros dont take pride in the fact that they are better than the Astros. But to round it back to the Cowboys-Texans both teams suck thing going on here, I dont take pride in the Texans going 2-14 and I didn't dog them over it either. Why because I was to miserable going 8-8. Its just baffling to me that two fan bases whose teams currently suck are stuck here doing the your team sucks more crap. Both teams suck we get it. But you with your drive to prove how Cowboy fans are obsessed with Houston have done nothing but prove your own obsession with Cowboys fans. Good luck with that. hope it works out for you. I'm walking away from this because I'll be the bigger man in this situation.

If this thread continues with actual Cowboys talk, I'll continue to participate. If not let the trollers have there fun.

7. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

I accept your unconditional surrender.

8. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

It's pretty epic. The sad thing is I think he truly believes in his own mind that he doesn't care about the Texans or their fans.

And to think it all started with something as innocuous as "The Cryboys suck"; a sentiment with which he agreed in his latest rant against the Texans and their fans. How does he fail to grasp that all he's done is shown that it's not WHAT was said but WHO said it that's gotten under his skin? How DARE Texans fans...TEXANS FANS!!!!!...point out the obvious! How DARE they!

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

This I can agree with. The common thread between the Texans and the Cowboys over the last 5+ years has been the feeling that both teams are a bit of Fool's Gold. The rosters are good enough to compete, but once the pressure of the playoffs sets in and the coaching staff's system is put under the biggest of tests, they fail miserably.

Ok, enough derailing. This is a Dallas Cowboys thread, and it should get back to being just about that.

1 person likes this.
  10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

This is a cowboys thread.

Why 5 coordinators plus a head coach?

11. dc1985

dc1985 Member

In a nut shell because the head coach is a lame duck, and the 2 coordinators are interviewing for the job during the season, the other one is there because had they fired him the Giants were going to hire him and they didn't want that. Don't know why. And Kiffen isn't a coach his title is consultant. He is only still there as a favor to Rod Marinelli.

In all seriousness Scott Linehan and Rod Marinelli are the coordinators. The idea of a running game coordinator and passing game coordinator are not new. The patriots used to employ it and it's the way Bill Parcells did things. The idea was if one coach is in the box and ones on the ground they might see something the other missed.

12. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

As I understand it, Callahan still has the title of "OC" but it primarily working with the offensive line and the running game. He has some talent to work with there. Linehan is the passing game coordinator and play-caller.

Not to mention the defensive side but it is a bit of an odd setup.

I am hopeful because I believe that the league adjusted to the Garret/Romo lovechild offense a little bit more every year. We have always had a powerful receiver to make it run (TO and then Dez) and its first few years were the best IMO. Garrett calls terrible plays.

The Cowboys do have the potential for an elite offense if they stay healthy. Their defense will be last in the league however.

13. dc1985

dc1985 Member

The offense will be fine maybe some new wrinkles with Linehan bringing in some of the sets he used to get Clavin Johnson so open and avoid the double teams. As far as the defense I think they will be surprising even without Sean Lee. Around 20th. I just think they are going to be better.

14. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I love it how these Cowboys fans talk so much trash every year and every god damn year they always say "this is our year". Yet they always fail.

15. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Literally not one Cowboys fan in this thread has talked trash that was not a response to someone like yourself.

No one in this thread has said this is our year.... Little brother syndrome never stops.

1 person likes this.
  16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Cowboys are a really messed up big brother

17. dc1985

dc1985 Member

Yeah I don't get it either. I've just come to the conclusi

18. dc1985

dc1985 Member

What I was trying to say is I've just come to the conclusion some of them only read 2-3 words and then just make up there mind on what we were saying. Nobody said it's our year hell no ones even said we are going to be good. I've been a little more optimistic then you but I still believe with what we have now 8-8 looks a little far off. But yeah it is what it is I guess.

19. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Our schedule is brutal.

Best case scenario for us is that we suck this year and we are able to take 3-4 impact players in next years draft (picking extremely high) and then signing a decent FA or 3. This +some of our youth growing could mean that we have a shot at the playoffs next year.

Probably screwed this year. I do think we have a good young core albeit we need to add star power.

20. dc1985

dc1985 Member

Our schedule is brutal but I don't think we will be bad enough to get a top 10 pick. And that scares me a bit. But I think we will be bad enough that this coaching staff doesn't make it through. Though depending on the results Rod Marinelli or Scott Linehan will have a real shot to win the job. I'm torn on what could happen. On one hand I hope the wheels fall off and we get a top 5 pick and get a stud in the draft. On the other no one want to see the wheels fall off. I know we need it just don't think I could cheer for it. Not saying I would be devastated if it happens though.