1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dallas Cowboys 2014-2015

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Francis3422, May 4, 2014.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It's Jerrah's team. Good luck.

2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Admins, please change title of thread to RIP Dallas Cowboys 2014-2015. :p

3. dc1985

dc1985 Member

Oh trust me I would of rather been 2-14 then the rebuild as you go 8-8 model. But if we went 2-14 I wouldn't be talking about how 8-8 teams suck. When the Jaguars are better than you you shouldn't be talking much less talking trash period. To me it's the pot calling the kettle black. But if it makes people feel better about how bad there own team sucks to talk trash about a team that sucks a little less than them go ahead. You make your entire fan base seem stupid but go ahead.

4. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Meh...last 3 seasons
    Dallas 24 wins
    Houston 26 wins

5. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Not nearly as stupid as Cryboy fans taking to the internet to scream about how little they care about the Texans.

The simple fact of the matter is you care deeply...VERY deeply about the Texans. Why else would you be crying about how it's not fair that fans of a team with a worse record are pointing out the fact that the Cryboys suck? It doesn't make it any less true...no matter HOW hard you wish it did.

19-10...still hurts, don't it?

6. dc1985

dc1985 Member

You said I care. I don't care what Texan fans think about the Cowboys. You assume I hate the Texans or something. I hope the Texans do good but it doesn't have any impact on me one way or another. Yet the vast majority of Texans fans could care less if they went 2-14 but if they happen to beat Dallas in a preseason game then it's ok. If the Cowboys went 2-14 but beat Houston I would be pissed we went 2-14. I don't know another fan base in the NFL that cares so much how bad a "rival" is doing. And no 19-10 doesn't hurt because we've played 191 other games since then. 19-10 didn't matter after 7 days to me anymore. It's obvious still really important to you so congratulations on apparently the most important thing your franchise has ever accomplished. But since you enjoy 19-10 so much you must of loved 34-6 and 27-13.

1 person likes this.
  7. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Lol... Texas fans have the little brother syndrome. Always trying to prove their better.

I am a fan of both teams but I'm undoubtedly a die-hard cowboys fan first and its not even close. It's funny how all Texans fans do is rag on the cowboys. Cowboys fans just don't care to talk **** about the Texans.

Texas get a small dose of false success for 2 years and all the fans clamor about being contenders blah blah blah. The truth is the Texans were never better than a fringe playoff team going 8-8.

Never were they going to win anything and now they blew it up because management realized it was false hope.

There is no difference between the cowboys and Texas the post 5-6 years. Both teams sucked and were at best fringe playoff teams. Both saw failure and both saw success, but they were all for nothing.

Difference is Texans have a desire to pump out there chest and laugh at every Dallas misfortune. Whereas Dallas fans just don't care enough to comment on the Texans.

8. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You cowwhores wouldnt shut up about your rings or how much better some bum named austin was than Andre Johnson. Put the meth down.

9. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Then why are you, ya know, commenting on the Texans?

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Pump out your chest is the very definition of Cowboy fan...a bunch of fans talking about rings won the same time the Rockets won their last. A sense of entitlement about a franchise that has won as many playoff games over the last 12 seasons as my little expansion team.

Give me a break with Cowboy fans talking about ANY OTHER FRANCHISE IN PRO SPORTS "pumping out their chest." That's beyond laughable.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

A lot of defensiveness coming from Cowboy fans.

Nobody envies them as long as Jerrah is their GM and they have 5 coordinators.

12. BabyBatterBoy

BabyBatterBoy Member

texans - last 3 seasons, 2 playoff wins

cowgirls - last 18 seasons, 1 playoff win

and don't bring up those prehistoric superbowl wins cowgirls fans :)

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Fringe playoff team??? The Texans were 11-1 two seasons ago, and finished with a 12-4 record. That's not fringe. I'm not defending Texans' fans who are more caught up in the Cowboys doing poorly than the Texans doing well, but for you to call them a fringe playoff team before last season is completely and utterly laughable (and downright asinine). They were 8-3 and 11-1 in those two seasons and finished with a combined record of 22-10. They also won a playoff game in each of those seasons. Again, I'm not defending the Texans or the Cowboys here, but I do have to call you out on being ridiculous.

14. dc1985

dc1985 Member

Going thru 71 post the only people talking about The Cowboys championships are the Texans fans. Going back and looking at the Texans topics no Cowboys fans have trolled in there. It almost as if you tried to prove our point. For some reason y'all seem obsessed enough with the Cowboys to come into a Cowboys topic a trash them even though the Texans weren't mentioned once. So who is obsessed with who's team in this topic. Y'all seem obsessed with our record, our Super Bowl wins, our lack of success. I mean damn you sure your a Texans fan. Cause you seem to be following us pretty closely.

1 person likes this.
  15. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Lot of trolling in here.

16. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Just so we're clear...it's your contention that the Cryboys aren't allowed to be criticized in any manner whatsoever?

Yeah, it's "Texans fans" that are here to "pump out their chest".

For somebody who "doesn't care what Texan fans think about the Cryboys (sic)" you sure are getting awful butthurt about...Texans fans telling you what they think about the Cryboys.

Again, constantly screaming on the internet about how little you care about something does nothing but assure everyone you actually DO care about it...deeply.

By the way, can anybody scroll back through here and see who brought up either teams record first?

TIA

17. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

The honest truth is this. There was a whole breed of Cowboys fan that lived through the superbowl era and definitely drank the silver and blue kool-aid until it dyed their brain. I get it, they were obnoxious. The team has had a few hugely successful stretches over a their long history. The marketing gone on by the Cowboys has been equal to those successes. Maybe more impressive because it has continued as we were losing. I liken it a little to the collapse of the Astros.

Most of the people in this thread don't fall under this category. I remember those Superbowls but my memories of Romo fumble vs. Seattle or etc. are much more vivid. These events took place when I was a more dedicated sports fan.

In regards to this forum, I have posted a Cowboys thread every once and awhile. It is always entered by some Texans fan who smarts off. I like the Texans as my second team. Lot's of Cowboys fans probably feel this way. There isn't much for us to dislike about a new team up the road. The definitive truth has always been that Houston (my favorite city) lost a football team. You can blame the owner and blah blah but Whether Arlington or Dallas, the Cowboys WOULD NEVER LEAVE DALLAS. The Oilers (I like Cowboys and Oilers as a young kid) didn't have any successful stretches to the magnitude that Dallas.

If the thread was allowed to be on topic (just about the Cowboys) then these threads would not devolve into a Texans vs. Cowboys fight. Yes, in these threads (about Dallas) this argument is always started my a Texans Only Fan.

Arguing that Houston has been better than Dallas over the last couple years is probably true. The Rockets have been better than Sacramento the last few years. How good does that really feel?

And to summarize... I will gladly endorse the fact that the Cowboys will beat the Texans this upcoming season. As we have done multiple times. Yes, 19-10 was embarrassing. Ask yourself why? When your fat little brother beats you at pig he beams but is he really the winner?

1 person likes this.
  18. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Because this Dallas cowboys thread is being derailed by Texans fans.

I'm sure you may have met cowboys fans like that but that isn't happening here and your being judgemental and claiming something that isn't happening. Making yourself look ridiculous.

Yea fringe playoff team. The cowboys were recently 11-5 and 13-3 and we were still just a fringe playoff team. Even though at the time i thought we were contenders i was blinded by my fandom, save as recent Texans.

Although, I'll admit that fringe playoff team is bad wording and should have just said the ceiling was the playoffs. They were pretenders and never real contenders. And goes for recent cowboys and Texans.

Both teams are stuck in mediocrity. And have been for a decade.

19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I loathe Dallas like Ebola..and the Cowboys are just a symptom of being Dallas.

20. dc1985

dc1985 Member

No what I'm saying this is a Cowboys thread. If you hate them so much don't come in here. Start a Cowboys suck thread. No one in here mentioned the Texans once until a Texans fan trolled in our thread. Ok your team has been better than ours this decade. What do you want a cookie. The Royals have been better than the Astros the last few year I'm sure that brings them great comfort. I'm glad you settle for being better than a mediocre team. Great accomplishment and great team pride you have there. If you going to make an argument will you please say something anything relevant. Something other than "if you say you don't care that means you do". I've never trolled a Texans thread yet you can't seem to leave ours. It really seems like you care more about us than any of us in here care about the Texans.