1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dallas Cowboys 2014-2015

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Francis3422, May 4, 2014.

1. Granville

Granville Member

I agree 100% with this post.

To compound the issue, you have hordes of Cowboys fans calling in to radio stations here ranting on and on about their team knowing damn well that wouldn't be tolerated if we called in to Dallas radio stations. With the supposed live and local focus for sports radio in Houston, the hosts let way too many fans of other teams get airtime. If you choose not to be a fan of the local team, when you tune in to a radio station in the market of another team, guess what? You don't get to talk about the jackass team 250 miles north of here.

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I think that's just a football thing.... this is a football town and both sports radio stations are decidedly football-heavy, and frankly the NBA is an after-thought in most cities till the playoffs.

And certainly there are far more Cowboys fans in Houston than vice versa.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The anti-Mavs passion in Houston among Rockets fans is also intense. It ain't all about football.

4. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Thanks for the insight. That certainly explains some of the reasoning between the city rivalry, but what about all the other people outside of the actual city rivalry "zone". I mean, people are just complete asses, and the things they hate about the other fan base are the exact same thing they do to the other fan base. As an objective observer, I think it's hilarious and ridiculous at the same time!

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I know people from Austin who are Cowboys fans (hate the Texans and love everything Dallas), but who are also Spurs fans and they simultaneously hate Dallas Mavs fans (when really, most of those fans are the same Cowboys fans they high-five whenever the Cowboys do something).

So yes, the allegiances certainly get muddled up outside of the Houston-Dallas regions... its also why I would find it very hard to root for a team if I had not lived in that city (it always baffled me how Houston fans could continue to follow the Titans long-after they'd moved any of the Houston players were still there).

6. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

That's about how it is in Victoria. You have a split of Texans and Cowboys fans with it favoring the Cowboys and then on the basketball side it goes heavily towards the Spurs.

7. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Austin is a weird sports town, probably owing that to decades of split allegiances. Professionally, the majority seems to favor the Cowboys, Spurs and, historically, the Astros. The lack of Astros success of TV visibility has certainly hurt that here, though.

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

I can't explain why I loathe the Mavs and like the Cowboys. I have fond memories of the Landry era. Jerry Jones is a first class sleaze ball, but Jason Garrett is a class act. I have always liked Romo and Bryant is an amazing talent. Always rooted for Houston teams over the Cowboys, but pull for the Cowboys against every other team. It is what it is. Similar to how I like the Spurs unless they are playing the Rockets. I pull for the Aggies unless they are playing UH or TCU (two schools that I have degrees from), but I have only cheered for UT one time in my life, the national championship game against USC.

9. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

What else you hearing on twitter? All of us are incredibly curious.

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

After the game, reports were coming out he was about to accept it. Pretty lucky for you guys he stayed right? :p

Glad the Cowboys are getting their head coaches signed before anyone has a chance to offer them a bigger deal

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Big congrats to Jason Garrett. Maybe that's why he was smiling so much after the loss.

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Dez Bryant woke up with back spams the day of the packers game. What a beast

13. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

He's the most feared WR in the game. Just seeing how coaches double/triple the guy is crazy. Really wanted him to face Sherman and Seattle secondary.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Back to 8-8?

17. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I kind of like Murray's backup Mr. I-have-to-steal-underwear Randall. He's faster than Murray. On the downside, he's not built like Murray so I don't think he can stand up to wear and tear. History tells us Murray will have a down year in some manner...either not as good, injured, or whatever. I still say you have to find a way to sign him. You know how many damn running backs the Cowboys went through over the years to get to this point of having one lead the league? Yes, credit the o-line but not just any back can do it. It will be sad if he's not back. He won't be as good on another team with a weaker line. We know that. But, on the flip side, if the o-line really is the key to the running game...then he may be replaceable. We just don't know how it will work out. You can't bust the farm on Murray, though.

18. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Not with that O-line.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Talked to Demarco Murray for a little bit at the Pro Bowl. For what its worth he called the Cowboys his family five times in 10 minutes</p>&mdash; Nick Eatman (@nickeatman) <a href="https://twitter.com/nickeatman/status/558307437241835520">January 22, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sam Shields on Dez Bryant: &quot;It was a catch. I was in great coverage...he made a helluva catch&quot; <a href="http://t.co/kfoufwxGqe">http://t.co/kfoufwxGqe</a> <a href="http://t.co/28nP4EOYLy">pic.twitter.com/28nP4EOYLy</a></p>&mdash; Pro Football on ESPN (@ESPNNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/558656503985754114">January 23, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>