1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dallas Cowboys 2014-2015

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Francis3422, May 4, 2014.

1. Raven

Raven Member

It would be the nail in the coffin. I don't think the Texans would ever recover.

2. jvu

jvu Member

We should just gamble on Manziel if he fell this far

1 person likes this.
  3. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I firmly believe that the Cowboys will take Manziel @ 16 if he is there. I do not believe he will make it that far.

IMO Dallas is a great situation for both Manziel and Dallas. It almost forces Dallas to keep rebuilding. They did the right thing letting Ware and Hatcher go and it is time to step back and rebuild. Romo is going to hold you back a bit because he will win a few games (but probably not enough). I do like the idea of Manziel learning from Romo. Romo has similar vision and some play making ability and has been a decent QB. Dallas takes this year and next year to really outfit the team and then we start Manziel in year 3. Sucks taking the hit on Romo (money-wise).

Dallas has some solid young talent. We just need to give up the ghost on the Romo/Witten/Ware Cowboys and go forward.

Manziel to Bryant in 2016.

4. MrVengeance

MrVengeance Member

I don't think Cowboys are gonna take Manziel with 16 overall pick. They have too many pressing needs on that defensive side of the ball and i'm actually re-making my Mock draft and I'm having really tough time on who they gonna select. They like few players, but those players are likely going to be gone and they will end going with BDPA at 16.

5. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

The Cowboys will take Manziel above all else (realistically) on the board at that point.

No Manziel, I would bet on whomever is there out of Barr, Donald, Lewan.

6. Raven

Raven Member

Of course they would, but Manziel isn't going to fall that far.

7. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Raven- I don't think so either but strange things happen....

I want him on the Texas or the Cowboys. I find him to be an interesting prospect and those are the two teams I watch.

8. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Spalding ftw

[​IMG]

9. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I'd really really love Donald to still be there at 16 but it seems he has risen to borderline top 10. I would settle for Barr or lewan although I'd much rather go defensive. If manziel is there i don't want him. But i would love to trade that pick to some one wanting him. He's likely not there though. But you can always sell the pick to a team still looking for a qb because one is likely to slide.

Just don't trade up this year. I was all for trading up to get Claiborne when it happened but it left us with less ability to address our depth, something we can't afford this year.

If for some reason, and i can see jerray doing it i just doubt it, we draft manziel. I hope we trade Romo for some kind of draft considerations and Go into full rebuild.

10. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Donald could fall. I don't see him going before 10. I will be happy with Donald, Lewan, Barr, or Manziel.

DD

11. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Manziel dropping as I guessed he might... Wonder if I will be right about Jerry Jones taking JFF?

12. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Please God, i hope someone locks Jerry out of the war room. No Jerry dont do it!

Please no. Someone stop Jerry!

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I hope they draft manziel. And start a full rebuild give it up already

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Blah stupid cowboys

15. dc1985

dc1985 Member

I like the pick. Not love it because we need defense but we can get defense in rounds 2,3,4. But if Martin can play the Line is basically set for the next decade. I can live with this pick. Good pick.

16. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Funny thing... The Cowboys do a live broadcast of their war room. It started to look a little down after Beckham was picked. After the Martin pick they put a piece of cardboard over it and assuming they started to argue like children.

Martin is a fine pick. Martin/Smith/Frederick is a great core of offensive line guys. I believe all 3 are 23 years old.
    We must go defense in rounds 2 and 3. I wish we could trade our 3rd and then 2nd next year to get high enough in the second to get both Dominique Easley and Scott Crichton.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

They reAlly should of picked manziel

18. Christopher

Christopher Member

Unbelievable. What were they thinking. Even if you look past the football....had they drafted JM they would have a licence to print money. I'm stunned.

19. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I like the pick and I'll take it. I was nervous as all Hell when manziel was there. I was begging for a trade. But i was ultimately happy we didn't draft jff.

I really wanted Donald, and was getting excited when he was getting closer. I was kind of shocked the rams took him because I thought they would go safety.That being said, while i like Martin and think it's a fine pick, I would have preferred Mosley because i loved the value there or one of the safeties Pryor or haha dix because we need defensive help so much more.

We definitely need to go defense 2/3 and i would argue also 4. Hopefully nix falls to us, but id probably prefer trading up for ealy if he drops to around 8-10. I'm also find with jernigan.

20. dc1985

dc1985 Member

at pick 33 paid a steep price but I love the pick of Demarcus Lawrence.