1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dale Davis? (UPDATE: Davis signs with Pacers)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by leroy, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

I guess I was wrong then. So the I assume from this report that the deadline for wa waved player to be elligible for the playoffs roster in 11:59pm est on March 1.

Anyway I am happy for the Pacers especially considering all they have been through this season but we sure could have used him.

PS. Why were the Pistons still looking for another big man? To counter the Zo pickup? Don't they already have 4 solid big men?

2. Onepaks

Onepaks Member

gud luck to him. I dont see anyone now whos worth picking up. This off season will be the most crucial one for the rocks. We will all know whether Les Alexander wants houston to be a contender by acquiring players that will help this team or he just wants this team to be a plyoff team by standing pat and just making minor moves. We definitely need an upgrade on the pf spot. Sorry but howard/spoon/padget/baker are not gona cut it. If i was CD i would go all out to get a star pf not necessarily all star but someone who would do a better job than howard. Some of you might wanna get a point guard but i feel that sura and james are good enough. Its not that i would be oppose to get a better point but i feel getting a better 4 is much more crucial than 1. I would be extremely happy we somehow we can pull off a miracle by getting either swift chandler k. brown for howard plus fillers and staying put at the point. If we somehow do this and we should go ahead and draft the best available 3 pt shooting sf ala korver in the draft. Sign Dekembe for one year and bring in Badiane and that V-something guy from europe and we will have lineup of

C-yao/dekembe
    pf-swift or chandler or brown/badiane/padget
    sf-tmac/first rounder
    sg-wesley/barry
    pg-james/sura/v-guy

Is this team gonna make noise or what

3. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Why not just claim him on waivers? What's wrong with that?

4. RikQuik

RikQuik Member

If you claim him off waivers, then you pick up the rest of his contract, and the buyout agreement is off.