1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DAL@HOU Last Two Plays (Do you make that call with .1 Seconds Left)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Oct 30, 2016.

?

Do you make this call with .1 seconds left

1. Yes

119 vote(s)
    91.5%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    8.5%
  1. Mr Chuck Norris

All that bullshit flopping they did, makes me not give two ***** about a jersey pull.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  2. PhiSlammaJamma

Harden plays on the edge at times, and I do think there will come a game where he regrets trying to pull one off, especially those lean all over the defender inbounds plays, but generally speaking he's not a dirty player, just tries to bait the refs into making a call. In this case he got away with his jersey tug, but the foul was legit, and u have to call that.

3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

This thread is now about this GIF

4. Nivos

Nivos Member

Foul obviously but I'm sure he won't get those calls in the Playoffs.
    I didn't really like the play, Harden had to commit a foul to get free.
    I would look in Terry Stotts playbook

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I just got an idea for how to revamp the Red Rowdies so that others would want to sit by them and not find them so obnoxious.

Pen15clubber and heypartner like this.
  6. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I'm surprised that jersey pull didn't put Matthews into the 3rd row. Man that's one flopping ass team.

7. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

The Mavericks were flopping all night long and Ken Maur is probably the softest official in the league. Calling phantom calls that could be called every play left and right.

8. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

-Matthews plays like a guy who knows he's getting the benefit of the doubt versus Harden. He recklessly reaches across Harden's body to get steals. He attempts to draw charges where he is not even close to being square or set. Any of these plays put him at risk to put him in foul trouble, but the refs give him a ton of leeway. Meanwhile they called Harden for a non-existent hold in the first play of the game that led to him getting into foul trouble.

-The non-Harden rockets really need to improve on selling foul calls. Bogut just shoves Capela out of the way with two hands and gets a rebound and layup, and not even a squeak from Clint. Apparently they're not going to just call it, so you have to draw attention to that. Watch how Barrea gets touched and he's flailing and getting the call, no matter where he is on the floor.

-The NBA really needs to assess how they call charges and blocks. At least twice a game they're calling charges on guys when the defender is still sliding underneath. The Ariza/ Mejri play sticks out in my mind. The defender is incentivized to make the more dangerous play, so he slides under the driver (way after the pass has been made) and causes a collision, which then leads to a scuffle when they're on the ground. It's a ridiculous call that the NBA has done absolutely nothing about over the years.

9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Foul is a foul no matter when it happens.

10. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Typically you do not make the call, but this was so blatant you have to blow the whistle.

Yes, I would have said it if it happened to the Rockets as well.

Side note: love the play calls coming out of a timeout.

11. juanm34

juanm34 Member

No one calls a jersey pull at the final sec. of a game. The foul on Harden is obvious and you make that call 99% of the time. I'd understand if it was a ticky touch foul but it wasn't.
    Ref made the right call.

12. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

Harden is the man, I mean he's the absolute man! Crafty veteran move to get leverage on Matthews and then forces the foul. Couldn't have happened to a more deserving opponent.

13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I hope it doesn't happen against the rockets. I am not a fan of calls on the last shots of the game.

14. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

According to you the game was fixed for the Rockets and they beat the 0-3 Mavs by one point. Kinda sad.

15. BAHAMIANFAN

BAHAMIANFAN Contributing Member

Great play. But Harden has to finish. Can't rely on the whistle to bail us out in the future even though it was the right call by the ref.

And GREAT GIF!!!

16. BAHAMIANFAN

BAHAMIANFAN Contributing Member

You see all her hot friends sitting around her? Must be a beauty pageant group or something.

17. GotGame15

GotGame15 Member

Idiotic thread. Lock.

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

So basically everything is arbitrary lol. We have replays now refs have the option to see everything they want to see. This is the type of play that easily won't get called in the playoffs or if in an opponent's court. While I like Harden initiating or inviting contact he can't rely on calls like these to save him all the time, which is why he should focus more on trying to finish the shot than fishing for fouls and trying to sell the call which he has a tendency to do at times.

19. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

It's a foul, but normally NBA doesn't call it because game is tied and with 0.1 sec left. They generally encourage OT and no game winning free throws. We lucked out. But you can expect more hate for Harden after this.

20. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I know people are downplaying the jersey pull but it did slow Matthews down. It probably should have been whistled if you're going to follow the letter of the law.

Afterwards Matthews just mugs Harden.