1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daily LeBron Odds Tracker

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Coach E, Jun 5, 2018.

1. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Makes sense TBH.... its either us or Cleveland. Have said this from the jump.

2. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

Also means that is one less championship chance he is going to get. How many chances does he have left?

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  3. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

BROOOOOOO that was mF***ki* horrible. WOWWOOWO..

Are you kidding me? That was the laziest piece of reporting I have ever seen.

Also. The Rockets havent WON anything.... not 73+ game, Not a championship.... nothing......... so no... its not the same as Snake joining the warriors after blowing a 3-1 lead to them, primarily because of him.

I would want to fight Durant in the Octagon at a moments notice if it ever presented itself.

Hard_foul likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Dave McMenamin:

Communication between Cavs & LeBron so far?

Hasn't occurred. He's on vacation with his family. No communication with LeBron or his people since the season ended. That's not a surprise. This is the way LeBron has decided to conduct business. "Hey, you have a chance to get me but you have to go take care of business, make the franchise as attractive as possible & when it's time, I'll reach out to you & you'll show me why I should come back to the Cavs in 2018-19 and beyond."

Is tonight part of that puzzle?

The 8th pick isn't a franchise changer. Cavs like what they can get at 8. They believe there is a handful of guys that will be available they can choose from that will satisfy something they were missing last playoff run. ... When you're a luxury tax strapped team, sometimes you have to get young talent. That's not to say they won't listen to offers but they're going in intending to draft a guy they can bring on the team.

Big splash moving up?

That's the interesting thing to me. Jonathan Givony reported 7 teams are in play for the Memphis pick at 4 and none of those teams are the Cavs. Are the Cavs not enamored who could be there at 4 that they don't think that player is that much better than who they can get at 8? Maybe they're waiting til the last minute to wow Memphis. To me, that means either 1) they aren't totally enamored by any one guy or 2) the guy they like will be available at 8.

Shooting their shot with the Spurs for Kawhi and how that might play into tonight or what the team can do with Kevin Love?

I reported heading into the draft, the Cavs are not actively shopping Kevin Love & would have interest in bringing him back next year regardless of what LeBron does. They did call the Spurs & dangled what they had: Love & the 8th pick and they got the impression that's not anywhere close to what they need to acquire Kawhi. Spurs are giving out the vibe they want a much more robust package to part with Kawhi and the Cavs recognize we don't have those assets so we won't be a player for Kawhi and with that, we're not gonna keep shopping Kevin just to shop him. We would shop him for Kawhi but if not Kawhi, we'll hold onto the guy.

Cleveland's plan to tell LeBron to stay?

Part of the appeal to stay is we've changed our roster every year. First year was Mozgov, Shumpert & Smith. 2nd year was Frye & Korver then all the trades this past year. We will continue to be aggressive & do that. We'll take on extra money at the deadline if we have to do that. Because of our LT situation, this summer we may not get the piece right away. We'd like you to have some patience & look at our track record. Hopefully the young pieces develop. They have some trade exceptions they can use. There's an avenue not discussed much: they would pursue a buyout of one of the bad contracts they have. Is that a perfect solution? Absolutely not. The one team I think the Cavs have to worry about is the Lakers. They have the maneuverability & young assets to turn that team into a blank canvas & could look completely different the first week of July. Outside of that, the Cavs, all they can go on is track record, patience & ties to Northeast Ohio. Also the narrative card "Hey LeBron, if you stay with the Cavs, it's only positive for you. No one criticizes you if you end up with the Cavs the rest of your career. If you go anywhere else, if you don't win, your legacy can take a hit. Do you really want that to take that risk & burden?"

Would he really take a hit saying "I love Kevin Love. It was great playing with him there, we won one for The Land, Tristan is a warrior, ... the guy I was depending on didn't know the score."

There's an out there but he'd never be accepted by the Lakers if he didn't win a championship. We agree on that. Kobe already has his head on a target seemingly, trying to plant seeds 'If you come to the Lakers, it's all about championships.' Houston, the perception is they're so close to the Warriors. In my opinion, they're really not. The Warriors were going through their own stuff & didn't play as well as they're capable of. Philly, a bunch of young players. Who's to say they're ready to perform when LeBron is in his prime? There's no perfect solution out there. And all of them you would have the idea he's going there to win a ring & if he doesn't, he's failed there. With the Cavs, that doesn't exist.

Cavs get first shot?

He's on vacation with his family. Not sure when it'll occur. June 29th is the date to look at - he has to pick up or decline his option & become a free agent, at which point is the start of the clock. Wouldn't surprise me if the Cavs & his camp open communication up that day.

Hakeemtheking and Fullcourt like this.
  5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The justification for going to the Cavs is absolutely comical. "Be Patient," yahhhhhhhh. You have gone 8-1 against them in the Finals the last 2 seasons. With Lebron being one year older next season, the time is 100% now to be patient.

And I like the fact that the Rockets are not close to being to the Warriors. Lebron, Paul, Harden, and Capela have no chance against the Warriors. Might as well shut down the franchise.

Hakeemtheking and Fullcourt like this.
  6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

If you go on a radio show and say with a straight face that LeBron on the Rockets wouldn't bridge the gap between the Rockets and Warriors, then you deserve to have all your credentials stripped. The idiots at ESPN are coming out of the woodwork.

Hakeemtheking and justtxyank like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Dave McMenamin is spewing nonsense...dude must’ve had way too much Vodka

The Rockets aren’t close to the Warriors? Ok...

This guy says the Warriors were going through their own stuff. Wtf does that even mean? Stuff like what? What is this vague foolishness? Then he says that they didn’t play as well as they were capable of. Smh, do the Rockets get no credit for that??

8. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I appreciate you guys for being the sacrificial lamb to watch and listen to all the idiots on ESPN and NBA TV.

Sure way to lower IQ points.

justtxyank likes this.
  9. aroundtheblock2

Really? And who is closer? I would bet my ass if the Rockets get LeBron and only have to send out at most Anderson & EG that we beat the Warriors.

10. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

If only we had 10 playoff games of data before the HOU-GSW series and maybe 82 regular-season games as well, Dave. Then maybe we could determine whether the closeness of the teams in the playoff series was an aberration.

Oh, what's that? We do have that data? Hmm.

11. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

He sounds silly. Stopped reading as soon as he said the Houston part.

12. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I think ESPN is going to field the strongest "Mental Gymnastics" team ever in Olympic history......

DonKnock and The Cat like this.
  13. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Warriors were going through their own stuff, which is why we had a 3-2 lead over them. But Cleveland gets swept by them and the pitch is to be patient? What is going to close the gap to where Cleveland can compete with Golden State? Nothing, which is why their pitch will be "It's okay to lose here, no one will judge you." I'm sure that will sound so compelling to Lebron.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

#754 J.R., Jun 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  15. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

I pretty much given up on the Lebron to Houston acquisition. It’s too close to opt in and we haven’t heard a single leak. It’s not happening. For whatever reason, he doesn’t seem to like Houston and rather risk not winning another ring in his career it seems. Oh wells, gotta move on and gotta go to plan B.

s3ts likes this.
  16. s3ts

s3ts Member

probably not happening, so i'm gonna say this:

Lebron, you blew it. you could've become the best ever by joining the Rockets, and now you're going to end your career by being called the 2nd.

have fun losing in the playoffs!

ryano2009 likes this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

This will absolutely tank the odds

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Heat reporter Manny Navarro: “he’s already got people in his camp, buying houses moving out to LA. I think it’s a done deal he’s going to the Lakers”

19. basketballholic

95%

Bids9 likes this.
  20. Big Uns

Big Uns Member

Maybe this is the reason LeBron wants nothing to do with us?