1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daily Fantasy Sports

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by rezdawg, Nov 4, 2015.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I pretty much decided to pivot off Freeman, West and Megatron in favor of Peterson, Sproles, and put Demaryius in for Mega where I could.

Netted me on the plus side in a few GPPS and I won my H2H, if I can hold serve on my spot in Millionaire Maker, I may just break even this week!

:(

2. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Ended up losing $8 on the weekend. Bust.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I got completely cleaned out.

Tried to recoup on an NBA 50/50 last night and lost there too.

****ing Elfrid Payton.

4. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Gronk didn't do me any favors. Won my $5 double up but barely missed out on my gpp.
    -$15. NBA has more than made up for it recently at least. Despite Towns yesterday, I was still able to cash in h2h and gpp because of Kemba, Wiggins, and Cousins

5. rezdawg

Are you doing a lineup tonight for the NBA?

Conley
    Avery
    Aminu
    Draymond
    Plumlee
    CP
    Porter
    Jokic

Waiting to see if Zach Randolph or Kenneth Faried are playing tonight...if they arent, then I may make some additional changes.

Anyone in particular you like for tonight's games?

6. RedNation

Is CP chris paul?

Just starting to look into things so I'll check back in a couple of hours when I'm more locked in on my core. My placeholder lineup is:

Lillard
    Bradley
    George
    Milsap
    Plumlee
    Russell
    Arthur (assumin Faried is out)
    Jamychal Green (Assuming Zbo is out)

I really like Lillard today and always seem to be on him just because of his safety. There's the added bonus of Butler on McCollum, forcing Lillard to have to score more. Bradley because of the Smart injury. I like George mainly because small forward is really bad today, but I might go cheaper with Harrison Barnes. Milsap has burned me a couple of times but I like him especially with Splitter out, where he might get some time at the center. I think Griffin is in a good spot, too, but I couldn't fit him in. Others are mostly injury-dependant.

7. rezdawg

Looks good. I'll keep an eye out on the injuries and make some changes.

EDIT: Yes, CP was meant to be Chris Paul.

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Rolling with:

PG: Rose
    SG: E Turner
    SF: George
    PF: Griffin
    C: Horford
    G: D Russell
    F: CJ Miles
    U: D Arthur

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Swapped out Blake with Lillard. I think Lillard and Rose will be free to go at each other all night.

10. RedNation

I'm sticking with the lineup I posted before. Of course Ill need to late swap if Zbo or Faried play.

11. rezdawg

Bc of your rec, I changed a couple players in my lineup to:

CP
    Avery
    George
    Millsap
    Plumlee
    Clarkson
    JaMychal Green
    Arthur

Ended with 271 points…which easily put me in the money in the cash game. Otherwise, I would have had 254, which would have put me just on the outside looking in.

Good looking out! :cool:

#151 rezdawg, Nov 25, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  12. RedNation

Nice! I switched out J. Green for Barnes last second because it was announced he was starting. Ended up with 296.75, which was good enough to cash my h2hs and gpp. I definitely prefer NBA dfs over NFL, but that's mostly results based :p

1 person likes this.
  13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I hit 266 which was good enough to cash in my 50-50s. CJ Miles made up for Horford suckage.

14. rezdawg

When I saw Miles going off, I knew cash was entering your pockets. Good pick.

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

What I've learned about NBA so far is that raw output is more important than looking for value across the board. The production and high floors you get from star players are so vital to success. This isn't like the NFL where a player priced $3900 can top a player priced $9000 on any given week.

So I believe You truly need to go stars/scrubs because if you can get 100+ points from your 2 high priced players, you really only need another 160 from the remaining 7, which averages out to just a bit over 23.

So last night I really honed in on Paul George and Blake Griffin, but eventually settled on PG/Lillard as high priced options. I did stick with Griffin in one 50/50, and it meant 4 less points, but I still finished in the same exact spot (3rd) in all 3 of the 10 team 50/50s I entered.

Then I targeted my mids. 2 players I felt had solid floors but also upside. Derrick Rose and Al Horford. Rose did pretty much as expected, while Horford underachieved and as I watching that game I found it odd how Budenholzer seemed to stagger his minutes with the bench players in the 2nd half.

For cheap values, I just wanted to find a couple solid floor picks. Evan Turner is usually good for points, assists, and rebounds off the bench so I felt pretty decent about him. He finished with 22 points, and I don't know why he wasn't credited with any steals because I clearly saw him take the ball away from Millsap on a fast break.

Darrell Arthur is one of those "replacement" players you have to use in order to build a high floor lineup. A guy who is cheap because he isn't priced for usual minutes, but is going to see extended opportunity. Even if you get a modest 17 point output, it is still good enough for 5X value at his bargain price.

D'Angelo Russell was another player I picked because I felt he was too cheap for his expected output. Of course, he also had a very tough matchup with the Warriors so it was a risk that didn't produce as much as I would have liked. But I can live with my cheap picks putting up around 20 points as long as they aren't any duds (Will Barton yeesh).

The player that tilted the scoring in my favor was CJ Miles. Admittedly I had no idea he was going to produce 45fp, but looking at his recent game log I noticed he had gone for 20 points pretty steadily in his last 4 games, so I felt pretty good about his floor.

16. rezdawg

Moe, I agree with your strategy there. You definitely need 2 guys that can get you to the 100 pt line. After that, the rest of the guys just have to have decent games.

My aim is for 270 pts...which means my players need to hit 5.4X value. I basically make my calculations off of that. If I think they can hit that number, I take it.

That's why it's so crucial to be on top of the news and following the injury reports right up to game time...ideally you'd want 2 guys that are getting extended opportunity because the guy ahead of them is injured. That's why Randolph being out allowed JaMychal Green to get almost 6.8X value. Same goes for Bradley, taking over Smart's minutes...going for almost 7X value. There will always be injuries in the NBA and you have to take at least 2-3 of these guys so that you can assure yourself 2 superstars, plus the 2 mid tier guys that will get you that 30-40 points regularly.

Every time I get cocky about the NBA, I get my ass handed to me...but I think I have a more clear strategy moving forward. We'll see.

17. rezdawg

Also, note to self...when Faried misses a game, take Gallinari.

18. rezdawg

Placeholder lineup for tonight:

Knight
    Galloway
    Leonard
    Porzingis
    Monroe
    Hollis-Jefferson
    Covington
    Pachulia

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yeah I was looking at Gallo yesterday but couldn't really fit him in without having to play 2 "replacements" which I usually don't like doing unless they are more proven producers. I definitely should have paid more attention to Avery Bradley last night. Thabo was locking down Thomas.

Monday Night my mids really killed me. Elfrid Payton didn't even score a single point. Hitting on the stars and mids and getting just enough average out of the cheapies is really the key to success in NBA. I look for consistency among the mid-range players, but they are more prone to have off-nights which makes it tricky.

20. rezdawg

Already making some changes. Cousins will be out, so Rondo's usage will increase and Casspi might be a cheap option that will get more PT as a result (has also put up above 25 points in 2 of the last 3 games, giving him +5.4X value). Rondo is good for 50, I would think, so Im putting him in the lineup in place of Knight.

Made a few other changes...sitting at:

Rondo
    Galloway
    Leonard
    Porzingis
    Pachulia
    Deron Williams
    Covington
    Casspi

EDIT: Just kidding...Casspi scares me. I'll replace Deron Williams and Casspi with Hollis-Jefferson and Ryan Anderson.

#160 rezdawg, Nov 25, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2015