1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daily Fantasy Sports

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by rezdawg, Nov 4, 2015.

1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

My NBA lineup for the night in a $3 double up...

Ish Smith
    DeMar DeRozan
    Paul George
    Ryan Anderson
    Jahlil Okafor
    Cory Joseph
    Zach Randolph
    Rajon Rondo

2. marky :)

marky :) Member

What's a good benchmark for total points for NBA, 275 and above? Currently ran 3 lineups and have one at 250

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Depends on the number of games in the slate, but generally 260-280 is what you should be aiming for.

4. rezdawg

I used that NBA lineup in two entries…scored me 296.75.

Profit of $8.20 for the night.

I started looking over some NFL stuff for the weekend and I think I can put together a competitive team, specially in cash games.

Moe, I'll keep an eye out on your blog and we'll discuss as we approach the weekend.

5. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

My lineup today was

Damian Lillard
    Evan Turner
    Paul George
    Ryan Anderson
    Demarcus Cousins

Ish Smith
    Jerami Grant
    Corey Joseph

Ended up with 304 points and placed 1501/22,900 in a $20 gpp for $50.

On to football now

6. rezdawg

My initial thoughts on Week 10…stacking Bortles and Robinson.

James Starks starting for the Packers now…at $4900 might be too tempting to pass up.

ASJ needs to sack up and play because at $2800, that has potential.

Cowboys give up more points to RBs than any other team, so Doug Martin could have a big bounce back game.

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yeah, I've already posted my QB thoughts and I'm high on Bortles this week and think the Bortles/Robinson stack is as good as anything out there considering the price tag is so affordable.

In cash I think I like Aaron Rodgers a lot this week. High ceiling and floor. I think he could easily put up 5 TDs against Detroit.

Brady is also going to put up numbers, especially with the loss of Dion Lewis meaning he's going to have to stretch the field a little bit more. I don't think I'd go Brady over Rodgers this week though with ARod somehow still $1100 cheaper.

More thoughts on QBs: http://www.dailyfantasydork.com/2015/11/12/week-10-nfl-disecting-the-qbs/

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Well I'm at 230 already tonight thanks to Curry and Favors. With Crawford and Griffin still left I'm feeling pretty confident. I seem to do better on small slates for some reason.

9. RedNation

Did we have the same lineup? :p I'm at 230.5

Curry
    Crawford
    Winslow
    Griffin
    Whiteside

Tyler Johnson
    Favors
    Lavine

I hear you on the short slates. Even on a super ugly slate like today, the limited options makes it easier to focus on your core guys. With more options, it's tough to narrow it down and hit on the right guys consistently.

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Damn! Exactly the same except I had the other Heat SF (Deng). Great minds I guess. :)

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I assume your thought process was nearly identical to mine. Play the cheap guys in the closer game, but ride Curry because he's almost impossible to fade. Lavine, Johnson, Winslow, Crawford because of late injuries. Whiteside because he was basically the only good C on the slate. Favors because Gobert was out.

12. RedNation

Yep exactly. It's crazy how in NBA, your lineups are rarely, if ever, set until 5 or 10 minutes before lineups lock.

13. RedNation

Do any of you do college football?

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yeah the mad scramble before the lock makes it both thrilling and infuriating.

I don't do CFB but I do freerolls every once in a while just for fun. I'm not as College focused as I am NFL. Can't imagine what its like with 100 QBs and like 400 WRs to choose from.

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Started draftkings. Just getting the feel for it.

Had Cp3 yday but turns out he didn't play. I usually don't have the luxury of logging in after 4PM Houston time since I Leave work and hit the gym so that I can make it home around 7PM by which time games start.

So I make my teams well in advance and have to live with the results. $5 loss each of the past few days. Any tips?

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

NBA is pretty much impossible to win if you're not paying attention to last minute lineup changes. Winning depends entirely on getting low-cost, high-opportunity players mixed with high-cost, high-floor, high-ceiling players.

I ended up hitting in my Double Up last night, but had to sweat it because of Griffin having a terrible night. Crawford picked up enough of the slack to put me just over the rake.

17. RedNation

I cashed in all of my 50/50s and double ups but barely missed out in a tourney because of that ejection :mad:

Thoughts on tonight? I'm locking in Westbrook and probably Rondo too if he plays 40+ minutes again (Gay is also doubtful apparently). Beyond that, it's tough. I like Dwight's price, and that's probably who I'll end up with at Center.

Injuries will probably determine other positions. Favors if Gobert is out again, Frye as a punt since he's starting, maybe Casspi with Gay out.

18. rezdawg

For tonight's slate, I went with Westbrook…his price is very high, but in cash games, can't risk leaving him off the roster.

$3 Double Up

Cory Joseph
    Dion Waiters
    Jerami Grant
    Ryan Anderson
    Dwight Howard
    Russell WestGod
    Paul Millsap
    Nemanja Bjelica

19. rezdawg

If you want to do NBA, you definitely need to keep up with the roster throughout the day. I usually set my lineup the night before or in the morning…then tinker with it throughout the day as I find out more info. Like my lunch break and little moments I get here and there.

20. rezdawg

My team got rocked tonight. Of course, when I pick Millsap, he has his worst game of the year, by far. My attraction to him was the fact that he's a consistent 40 pts every night. Then, Ryan Anderson has his worst game of the year as well. Bjelica had his 2nd worst game of the year by 0.5 its…so he almost achieved his season low too.

-$3