1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dahntay Jones signs with the Pacers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by batkins, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

WAY overpaid. Good for Dahntay, I wish him nothing but the best. That said, we can find a new SG to play 12 minutes a game for the minimum and provide what Dahntay brought us. I loved him for what he did in the first round of the playoffs but that's where he got his rep. He was phenomenal in those 5 games. The rest of the season he was nothing more than a replacement level player.

2. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Moon isn't a guard though. He doesn't have the handles to get by his man when necessary. Dahntay can do that and the Pacers are the last team to need another spot up 3 point shooter, it's enough when both your forwards are behind the line.

I wonder what happens to Marquis Daniels now, he's a similar player. The rockets might want to look into him if Wafer doesn't want to sign for cheap.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Not that I watched a huge chunk of Nuggets games last season, but this is what I observed. I still say Chris Paul's mental state is what allowed Dahntay Jones to torment him in the 1st round. Either way, it earned Jones some extra money and a higher opinion than he deserves from many fans.

4. Nuggets4

Agreed. Don't get me wrong, I loved Dahntay. He would occasionally have a poster-ific dunk and he played some pretty good D. But he wasn't a shut down guy (a la Battier) and he was a liability on offense. The Nugs have a few other SG's in mind that they can get cheap and I'm excited about the names I'm hearing (nothing big... players similar to Dahntay before last year). I hope DJ does great in Indiana, but I'm not sure what the Pacers are thinking.

5. tming

tming Member

no need to give any extra comment except this one, who cares about this guy? this dude sucks, PERIOD.

6. Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob Member

Absolutely not. Balkman's legally prescribed to mar1juana. No joke. He enjoys sitting on the end of the bench stoned, decked out in his Denver warm-ups. The guy's worthless.

D. Jones has freakish athletic ability, and he's a defensive stopper. Good sign for Indiana.

7. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

Great observations about guy that plays with max effort.

8. Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob Member

The only problem is he doesn't play. He played a total of 8 minutes in the Nuggets' last 12 games, scoring 0 points and grabbing 1 rebound. Max effort? If that's what you wanna call it. Maybe when he first entered the league with the Knicks he hustled up and down the court and played solid defense, but he has done nothing but ride the pine under George Karl. Hell, the NYK fans even compared him to Charles Oakley his rookie year, until they realized that was completely absurd.

9. jpm42

jpm42 Member

Dude's a scrub. I don't think it's an upgrade for the Pacers, nor do I believe it's a downgrade for the Nuggets.

Jones is a dime a dozen player in this league.

10. Nuggets4

I seriously question if you've ever seen Balkman play.