1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Dads] Happy Fathers Day

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by The Boz, Jun 15, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Sajan

Sajan Member

what did everyone get their dad?

I didn't buy anything this time. I am guessing he is tired of outfits. He is not into any tech stuff.

2. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Happy Father's Day to all the fathers out there. I am not part of the club yet, but I will be an uncle soon! I wonder what sales percentage increase in ties are when it's father's day?

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Cooked dinner for him last night, just got back from Top Golf, and we're going to the Yankees v Astros on Thursday.

4. The Boz

The Boz Member

Just want to open up and share about my Dad. I rarely talk about him. He was a great Dad while I was growing up. Great provider of all things physical and emotional. His only downfall was alcoholism. He controlled it well until me and my sister grew up and moved out. That was 20 years ago. After that is was all downhill. Mom left shortly afterwards. He lost his job. Luckily, he acquired disability and a pension. He gets $2,000 a month to live on. He is basically homeless. All his mail including bank statements come to my house. When he gets paid the first of the month, every month, he gets a nice hotel room for a week. He buys new clothes. Buys a bicycle. (Lost his license for DWI 15 years ago.) He also eats well the first week. After first week is over he moves to roach motel and eats cheap. On third week he is broke. Pawns bicycle. Lives on street and starves till the first of the month. This is a cycle that has been going for at least 15 years. He drinks away his check every month. Before anyone asks, YES, I have tried to help him. He doesn't want any help. He will call me and ask for money if he is desperate. I always give when he asks. He always pays me back. I love my Dad so much. It just hurts me to think about the way he lives. He doesn't have a cell phone. He uses pay phones when he can find one. He usually calls me on holidays. Haven't heard from him today. Happy Fathers Day Dad.

2 people like this.
  5. the shark

the shark Member

Boz sorry to hear about your father. It's nice to hear that you're there for him.

6. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Sorry to hear man, I pray things get better.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thanks, everyone. I'm glad to be a Dad. :)-

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

im sorry man. maybe he can turn it around one day. alcohol doesnt feel that good

9. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Did your daughter enjoy europe?

My oldest daughter made a drawing for me and my youngest slept the entire night and only woke up at 6:30 that was the best present (she is almost 9 months old)

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Damn, really sorry to hear this.

Stories like this just reinforce how important it is to be a good father to your kids. Nothing you do in life will be more meaningful. It's a cliche but true, as evidenced by the post above.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Boz,

Maybe call the show Intervention? That might sound like I'm trolling but I'm being serious here. He sounds like he has a real problem, and I wouldn't know what to do if I were in your situation.