1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DA = Mo Taylor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Realjad, Nov 24, 2005.

1. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Watch this guy, he rarely passes, he jacks shots up constantly. The last 2 games he has finally hit them. He thinks he is Kobe or T-Mac. He plays with confidence but is too confident obvisoley.

Please jsut watch him when he gets the ball, it is a shot 80% of the time. When he runs point he does pass and that is about the only time he does it, since he rarely runs point, he rarely passes.

He reminds me of Mo Taylor, he was capable of getting you 20 points but thats because he shot a shot after shot after shot.

Derek is a ME player, he has shown me that this year. He has no intention in getting the team involved, he just wants to get himself involved and pad his stats while at it.

So please everyone before you bash me, remember this thread and keep an extra close eye on DA this friday then see if I'm wrong or right. :)

2. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Granted he has struggled mightly till now, i'm seeing some signs of life in DA. what i would love to see is a mixture of DA at the Point and Head at the SG spot. head is a heck of a shooter and his more natural spot looks to better suited at the 2 Spot.

3. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

When you struggling to get points somebody has to score. When Tmac comes back I'm quite sure he will play within the offense.

4. Bullard4Life

Bullard4Life Member

Bingo! If you noticed, last night when we couldn't get a shot DA was the guy we went to. If it had been TMac having to find a shot with the clock winding down and a man on him would you be starting this thread? The fact is with TMac out, we have to find someone else to score points and DA is someone who's going to have to do that, especially when the Suns are double teaming Yao.

5. parlaynhustle

parlaynhustle Contributing Member

derek is a me player?...thats why he signed for a lot less to play for us when he could of got more somewhere else... :confused:

6. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

Exactly! :cool:

7. GreenVegan76

GreenVegan76 Contributing Member

DA is a chucker, but he's not a selfish player. If he was, he wouldn't sign somewhere where he'd come off the bench for a fraction of the money he would have gotten elsewhere.

8. stro4swift

stro4swift Contributing Member

I think DA knows is role but with T-Mac out he sometimes looks lost..taking a lot of uncontested shots..but he played well yesterday playing 36 mins

9. Bullard4Life

Bullard4Life Member

The one thing that might parallel DA and Mo is there lack of defense. Did anyone else notice how the Mavs were constantly playing for an iso on DA? Seemed like they saw DA as the weak link in the defense.

10. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

exactly. with tmac down you can't have everyone play thier role because we would average 65 ppg. some guys need to take more shots (DA, wesley, head).

11. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

We are seriously lacking scoring w/o TMac and we need our role players to pick up the slack. DA is looking for his shot and he's been shooting a lot better compared to the first couple games.

I really want to see our offense w/ a healthy TMac and our role players now that they've seen to find their shot.

12. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

One thing I have noticed is that when DA shoots off the dribble he ALWAYS kicks his right leg out and ALWAYS fade away on his shot.

Now...who else do we know who plays for the Rockets that does that...

THIS GUY THINKS HE IS TMAC! I am all for him scoring as much as he can while we have limited firepower, but he'd be better off shooting a regular jumper with correct form. His set shot has been pretty accurate, it seems.

Anyone else notice this?

13. rockmanslim

rockmanslim Member

it seems like everything he puts up is a fadeaway off a failed drive attempt, or a fadeaway from a postup 15 feet away from the basket.

also, is it me, or does it take like 5 minutes for him to complete his shooting motion?

everything about him is slooooooow. his drives to the paint, his shooting. i thought it was comical last night that he actually was able to drive when he was finally guarded by someone as slow as him (SURPRISE!), jim jackson.

no way he was this slow when he had that run with the spurs...or was he?

:( <--how i feel whenever DA is in the game

14. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

^^^^ Can't agree more

:mad: <--- how I feel ;)