1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D. Mo vs. T. Jones BBS Cannibalism

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vator, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Rocket_Man_2.0

T.Jones is a really good player..and I hope he stays a Rocket. But if I had to trade one..It would be T.Jones. Dmo is the more skilled player plus he's 7ft. T.jones is a tweener. It's easier to find another T.Jones than it is a another Dmo. Keep both if possible.

2. conquistador#11

motiejones, the new scolandry with updated drivers.

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

Same thing happened with Brooks & Lowry, Dragic & Lowry, Lin & Beverley, etc etc.

People on this board just like to argue and take things personal.

4. mario_v

mario_v Member

Wow, you're calling me delusional? Lol. Do you read the game thread by any chance? If so, you would see how delusional they are and how they overreact after every win or loss.

Just like how you thought dmo was a piece of trash a couple of weeks ago, didn't you? Now, no way in hell will you part with that "piece of trash". Lol

Compare to most fans on this board, I'm one of the most rational posters on clutchfans.

5. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Dmo and Jones cancel each other out. Personally, I think we should keep Dmo because of his size (Jones couldn't guard Lamarcus Aldridge in the playoffs) and use Jones to aquire a difference making player. For some reason I think Jones is the easier player to replace.

Im happy with both, I'm just saying if it came down to it I'll take Dmo.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not going to call people delusional or get into all that nastiness, but I think you overrate Terrence Jones AND I have no idea why you think that saying that someone could be like Josh Smith would be a compliment.

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Keep both until you shouldn't. That is, keep both until you find away to bring in an upper echelon PF or until they both make too much money to allocate to just one position.

Support both as long as they're Rockets.

1 person likes this.
  8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

2080 breh....just wait till you see the type of passes the robot NBA players can make :eek:.
    Yup , I agree. When the rockets are rolling, really convenient buckets...but when he needs to create...dude doesn't have any postups or a nice pull up J to bring to the table.

9. Chamillionaire

DMo is the keeper. Better defender, better passer, better post player, better back up 5. He's definitely turned the corner. He is the silver-lining of having Dwight and Terrance injured. But as of now, Terrance's trade value is low so it's probably better to wait til he gets back to playing well again before combing him, Capela or Johnson, Pelicans pick for another legit big body or an all star point guard.

Dragic and Plumlee would suffice.

10. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

Completely agree. Maybe the move for this team is to not make a move

11. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Wait a minute...why would TJones need to be traded? Can't he be our spark, our sixth man, off the bench???

Bench: TJones, Papa, Canaan, Terry...wow

12. bongman

bongman Member

Great post OP. The idea of having these 2 bigs with tons of potential is very exciting. The great part is we have them locked down till 2017 and they are only costing us 1.7M per. They will develop even more this year and I hope we keep them both.

13. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I want it all. Long live Motiejones.

1 person likes this.
  14. mario_v

mario_v Member

If you remember, smith was a player rockets were rumored to be interested in during the summer of dwight.

Josh smith used to be a good player before he got overpaid. He had all the talent in the world coming out of high school. Players like smith, odom and kirilenko in their prime were 5x5 stat sheet stuffers. He could fill the stat sheet with points, assists, rebounds, blocks and steals and handle the ball.

He never reached his potential tho.

15. vator

vator Contributing Member

You're confusing the premise of the thread completely. I'm not saying it is wrong to say bad things about guys on the team when they are playing bad. They should be critiqued. I'm not even saying it is wrong to have a preference or even stating that you have one. That is natural on some level to believe that one may be currently or ultimately better than the other. I may be one of the few people that isn't 100% sure which one it will be and I can honestly say that I really don't care. As long as they play for this team, I want them both to reach their full potential and I can objectively see the value that they each bring to the team.

What I am saying that some people seem to go out of their way to point out one of the guy's deficiencies and completely dismissing that player as garbage while highlighting only the strengths of the other when in fact they both have very clear strengths and weaknesses as does just about every other player in the NBA. I'm intrigued by the fact that both are strong in areas that the other is lacking. It makes for a good change of pace or one/two punch if you will. I don't care if one guy gets 20 and 10 making spinning hooks and the other does it by running the floor and getting lob dunks. Being able to play off of your star players and put up numbers with hustle plays or beating guys off the dribble are talents just like posting up. Both guys provide a skill on the team that no other player on the team can replicate.

16. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

You're a fan of Dmo, yet:

1. You don't think he can be a star.
    2. You want us to trade him.

Makes total sense.

17. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I hope we keep both. I'll take it a step further. I hope we keep the entire team as is. Including the pell pick to bolster the depth next year.

18. vator

vator Contributing Member

I always see people say that Jones only scores because of the attention Howard draws. Well he had 30 and 33 points in games where Howard didn't play towards the end of the season last year. Does this look like a guy that can't get buckets if given more offensive opportunities? I heard them saying earlier this year that the coaches were encouraging him to take his man off the dribble more often because he is so good at it. He'll never be able to post up like D. Mo, but not many people can. That said, D. Mo isn't going to get out there and do some of the things TJ does either.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/twPGb85XOx8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/33kRCDepVGw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Highlights from the Denver game tonight. Poor Faried lol. D. Mo was a load.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3k--w2iCiJ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#38 vator, Dec 14, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
  19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Neither is a superstar.

Both are assets.

They'll be gone at the right price.

20. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

This is a great problem to have.. defenses will always have to adjust with two different guys coming at them all game

Tbh the rockets should stay as is besides adding another key contributor with the TPE and cutting Daniels or Garcia

1 person likes this.