1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D-Mo to play in Italy for the duration of the lockout, perhaps through next season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, Jun 30, 2011.

1. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Like Bima said, once the new CBA takes effect, the individual player contracts are amended but are still binding, right? That's how I understand it. Otherwise, the teams would need to renegotiate every single contract.

If their contracts are merely paused, then wouldn't the players then need to get bought out before signing a new contract which effectively supersedes their existing one?

2. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

3. Wilford_Knows

Wilford_Knows Member

Why are there no videos of D-Mo passing?!

4. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

No. Euroleague is a first level continental competition. Eurocup is a second level continental competition. Like in soccer, with the Champions League and Europa League. Euroleague and Eurocup are both part of ULEB - the same league system.

I know. That is the club I was talking about. He is friends with Armani and his dad has ties to the club. Kobe was even a part of their youth system at one point if I remember right. Armani said that he would work out a sponsor deal with Kobe and let him have it.

That plus the money he has, well they could certainly easily afford Kobe if they wanted to. I mean in reality they have way more money than the Lakers do. But these types of situations are not normal. Normally, even though these rich clubs in Europe have enormously rich ownerships behind them - they only set aside a certain budget for the teams. I believe that Milano's budget for example, is 15 million euros per season.

But my point is, that is an unusual exception, where Kobe has a personal in with an owner in Europe. If he did go there, they would have a great team with Scariolo at coach, and players like Pecherov, Petravicius, Maciulis, Mancinelli, Fotsis, Hairston, Cook, Kobe.

5. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Would Kobe make the team?

6. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

go to the 1:05 mark.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IFqK-YXlsHs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. rocketsfans210

8. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

BT has a new coach, so I'd assume their style of play is going to chance.

9. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

*change.

Sorry.