1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D-MO future all star

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Specnaz, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Ubigman

Ubigman Member

2 posts since february lmao

2. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Why? Why mid-range at 40% or higher? Where do you get that from? Why is that so important?

3. oakdogg

Top 7 picks bust so often though.

4. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

This is his fourth year in the NBA, but his rookie year was mostly on the bench and his second year wasn't very eventful either. This last year was his real first season to get legitimate and consistent playing time. So far, DMo really has 2 seasons of NBA experience. I've heard something before and I tend to agree with this. The jump from 2nd to 3rd year is what really defines a player. Especially for players who have the potential to be special players in the NBA.

DMo has shown flashes of brilliancy, especially this last season and I look forward to see if he improved his game. Knowing the expectations he has for himself, I'd be surprised if he isn't one of the better PFs by the time playoffs roll around.

Btw, Jones is about to make that 2nd to 3rd year jump too, so I'll be monitoring that as well.

5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Yes, but you could end up with another Harden. Can't pass that up with Morey's drafting skills available. If we strike gold, we could extend our championship window past Harden's prime.

6. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Why does he have to shoot corner 3s better than any other spot behind the arc?

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No, not at this point, because a rookie is not going to help in the window we are in now.

I mean you have Harden in his early prime, DMo too, Howard in his late prime, TJones entering his, Bev in his, Lawson in his, Ariza in his late prime, Capella coming up, KJ coming up, Brewer in his prime...

I mean my god, we are YOUNG and talented......YOUNG and talented, reminds me of the '86 Rockets.

DD

8. basketballholic

Because it's an easier shot.

9. nobie

nobie Member

At the end of the year, yea DMo and Harden started running pnr consistently.

10. oakdogg

Doubt it. Just look through the history of NBA drafts. I bet there are 2 Harden-level players in each draft. People really overrate draft picks.

11. oakdogg

on average, 2 Harden-level players in each draft*

12. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

I think this next year is gonna be pissed-off DMO. The one who worked so hard during the regular season and got injured in the end. Didn't get to play in the WCF. Must have been tough just watching it and not getting the credit he deserves... he was the other half of the season. If they get scola to mentor and empower him, he will be beast-mo.

13. Ns575

Ns575 Member

Scola signed with Toronto

14. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

great stufff, and love, love, love the intercuts with Hakeem. you could probably add some old McHale footage as well, since D-Mo's up and under moves are vintage OG KMac.

15. OpenLayup-Why3?

Julius Randle, Marcus Smart, Ben McLemore, Alex Len, Cody Zeller, Otto Porter, Anthony Bennett, Dante Exum, Thomas Robinson, Dion Waiters.

Which one of these do you want to trade DMO for? They are all top 7 picks, drafted recently. I didn't even include latest draft.
    According to you, every guy I mentioned above would improve Rockets more than DMO.
    Haters gonna hate

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Just thinking that we passed on Leonard still hurts.

18. hvic

hvic Member

Do you think that Leonard would develop into the player that he is today under Mchale? I dont think he would be getting much playing time.

19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Meh... Leonard was raised under the nurturing coaching of one of the NBA's greatest coaches of all time and surrounded by a cast of hall of famers and selfless veterans. We would have stashed him in the D-League and flipped him in our quest to get a star.

20. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Only way I see him becoming a 18 ppg scorer is if he can hit a pick and pop mid range jumper, Sorta like LMA who hits them at around the same clip. You can't play in the post all the time with a James harden, ty Lawson on the team. Further more you also can't just sit back and shoot corner 3s all day either since we're talking about DMO becoming an Allstar level player.

I know we're 3s and layups team but the rockets I'm sure would use pick and pop in the half court set if they had a pf who could hit the mid range j at 40%+. It's a very good option in the haldcourt.