1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D-Mo failed his physical.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Dec 10, 2016.

1. ksny15

ksny15 Member

SNT is off the table

2. Bravoexo

Bravoexo Member

Well, it's not gonna be a SNT, but probably will look like one. Anyway, just a theory

3. basketballholic

A distinct possibility. And has been since the regular season started. Dec. 15th is tomorrow. Rockets would really like to move Brewer between now and Dec. 23.

4. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Maybe the Rockets are in talks with the NBA to allow us to circumvent the CBA and sign and trade DMo and Brewer to Brooklyn for Lopez? Need the scoop, please!

5. basketballholic

No. That won't happen. But there is the possibility of a trade with the Nets separate from the DMo signing. And it would require an explanation and the involvement of the league office.

6. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Maybe so but we all know Dekker deserves more minutes and D'Antoni really doesn't have to play Brewer if he doesn't want to. He could give those minutes to Dekker too if he switched up his rotation some. He seems to like playing Brewer. He's not compelled to.

Still we all know we can upgrade from Brewer. I wish it could have been with a healthy, improved D-Mo. That has always been Morey's wish and D'Antoni's too and they went way out of their way to make it work. BJ was stuck on stupid and stuck on the notion he was being screwed by "the man" when he absolutely wasn't. So maybe it won't work out with him.

I'm glad the league got involved, however that happened. They needed to, so there would be a reasonable arbiter, and they could come to a "resolution," as Morey said he was hoping and which is all any of us can hope for at this point wrt D-Mo.

It's really a shame the way this went down. The Rockets always wanted him back. He acted like they didn't the whole time and it seems BJ even convinced him they didn't.

He used D-Mo in a ploy to break RFA. I feel bad for the player; I think the agent should be run out of the league for all this.

But I'm done thinking about it (finally). I'm just too damn distracted by how incredible our team is this year to care about adding a malcontent to a squad that's enjoying an historic chemistry.

7. MistaK

MistaK Member

Are you sure?! RFA is a dirty business after all :p