1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D. Fisher Released

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by bigbodymoe, Jul 2, 2007.

Tags:
  1. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

If I'm the Rockets, I sign Fisher if he wants to play here. REGARDLESS of what the PG situation is. Give him the opportunity to be with his daughter through this situation, and at the same time, the Rockets give him the outlet of basketball to help ease some of the hard times

2. thecity5

thecity5 Member

Wish his daughter gets well and you cant ever let your hopes get down because good things can always happen.

3. FFz

FFz Member

4. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

How do Jazz fans feel? I mean they were letting him go to move to a city with optimal care for his daughter which is nice and all but I didn't expect Fisher to sign with another NBA team so fast...I mean at least wait till his daughters situation is settled...wasn't that the plan? or am i missing something?

5. FFz

FFz Member

no he said he was going to sign with another team in a city with a better cancer treatment hospital. They knew it too.

6. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

so my question is:

does the 7 million that fisher was slated to make affect the jazz cap? like while they arent paying him the money is that 7 mil on the cap? i mean i hate the jazz but they did fisher a favor and he is in a way screwing them from acquiring future talent with his "cap space" .......oh wait that isnt a bad thing

i feel a bit uncomfortable though about a player asking to be released and then signing with another team, sure he is making less money but still whats the point of a contract then?

7. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

jazz fans are probably happy considering the contract fisher had. overpaid

8. abundance

abundance Member

Houston didn't have a chance. We don't have the facilities to treat retinoblastoma.

http://www.retinoblastoma.net/resources_physicians.html

According to the retinoblastoma website, there are only 7 US cities that treat this: Boston, Los Angeles, Miami, Memphis, New York, Philadelphia, and San Francisco.

If he wants to move to Canada, Toronto has treatment also.