1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

You are not debating you are trolling and you are not even good at it. Disappointed. Most likely not the first person you have disappointed in your life I bet either.

#1881 AleksandarN, Mar 15, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
    Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Career politician... no sense of how people are... typical.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

4. SamFisher

There's no words for this again.

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

6. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

SamFisher- you're working yourself into a total panic. Gather yourself. Focus your energy on helping others, and doing your part in the virus containment. Throwing stones and hindsight observations don't help, but rather divide people. Let's focus on the future.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe you should follow your own advice

AleksandarN and ElPigto like this.
  8. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If “they” can control all these things, then why didn’t they just control the election in 2016 - seems like that would have required way less effort.

jo mama likes this.
  9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Honestly if OK doesn't have community transmission they are probably fine.

But we all know if Obama was president and this was happening, the right wingers on here like @bigtexxx would be going CRAZY!!!

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

If this turns out extremely deadly and we can connect certain fox news members, Limbaugh, whoever else with a significant following directly giving out wrong data (e.g. it's just the cold), doesn't this get close to you can't yell "fire" in a theater? You can't yell "non-fire" when there is a fire. Danger to the public > free speech. Punishable in my book.

11. SamFisher

Except that right now we should probably assume that every place has community transmission and the governor of the state should maybe....set an example?

Also - he's an antivax moron so he should basically never take his unvaccinated kids out in public as a general matter. But, Oklahoma folks!

“I believe in choice,” Stitt said, “And we’ve got six children and we don’t vaccinate, we don’t do vaccinations on all of our children. So we definitely pick and choose which ones we’re gonna do. It’s gotta be up to the parents, we can never mandate that. I think there’s legislation right now that are trying to mandate that to go to public schools, it’s absolutely wrong. My wife was home schooled, I went to public schools, our kids go to Christian school, and that’s back to a parent’s choice.”​

#1891 SamFisher, Mar 15, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
    jcf likes this.
  12. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[Guardian]Trump offers ‘large sums’ for exclusive access to coronavirus vaccine

German government tries to fight off aggressive takeover bid by US, say reports

The Trump administration has offered a German medical company “large sums of money” for exclusive access to a Covid-19 vaccine, German media have reported.

The German government is trying to fight off what it sees as an aggressive takeover bid by the US, the broadsheet Die Welt reports, citing German government circles.

The US president had offered the Tübingen-based biopharmaceutical company CureVac “large sums of money” to gain exclusive access to their work, wrote Die Welt.

According to an anonymous source quoted in the newspaper, Trump was doing everything to secure a vaccine against the coronavirus for the US, “but for the US only”.

The German government was reportedly offering its own financial incentives for the vaccine to stay in the country.

(More at the link)

13. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Educational Post]
    You mean like 90% of the media inciting the public about Russian collusion which never happened?

GOOD DAY

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Actually vaccines do have risks and every parent needs to make choices. Vaccines such as Gardasil can cause seizures, and the flu vaccine is only 30% effective and can cause severe side effects so it's not an open and shut case. Obviously there are critical vaccines to get but the idea of picking and choosing is not absurd - however that said, it's important to look at the science and make a very informed decision based on the risks both ways. Nothing wrong with homeschooling either.

As for his actions, they reflect someone who doesn't see any risk nor takes this issue seriously. That's the problem.

15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

This thread is about the Coronavirus. If you can't stay on topic, I suggest you to not be here.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

You can make things up as much as you want.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Sick. Absolutely sick. What kind of sick man tries to get a vaccine for his own people and keep it to himself and not share with the rest of the world?

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/14/opinion/coronavirus-pelosi-sick-leave.html

The paid sick leave is a farce:

Basically Republicans protected big companies and exempted them from the bill.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Pence has no problem lying with a straight face. *******.
    This certainly doesn’t impact us, but I know people it will impact.

joshuaao and RayRay10 like this.
  20. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

What is exactly wrong with this? If I go to a restaurant and my table is not butted up against another group of people, all i need to do is sanitize my hands and table and hope the server and kitchen isnt sick. No different than any other visit during flu season.

If I goto the store and spend a bunch of money on **** i will never use, all I am doing is adding additional strain on the supply chain, nevermind I am exposing myself to some of the most dirty situations that can be found in public. The only thing more frequent by sick people than the dr and pharmacy is a food supply.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.