1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Now that you point it out, yes, I recall the Hyde amendment. Hey, I enjoy "screaming" at Republicans. ;-)

Personally, I think it's far past time to ditch the Hyde Amendment, but you are right. As things stand now, it's there.

RayRay10 and heypartner like this.
  2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

why does it matter? what does a coronavirus Bill have to do with abortions? Why would trump veto a bill for money that isn’t meant for abortions?

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yes, that's exactly what Pelosi is hoping you'd say.

The reason is precedence, to weaken the Hyde Amendment. Why is Pelosi objecting to standard practice on an emergency bill?

research this yourself ...

Astrodome likes this.
  4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Because she is morally against it?

i mean if you are against something and it’s not needed then why add it to the bill? She’s in the right to do that.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Isn't that politicizing an emergency bill, to not add that amendment language to healthcare appropriations bills, like is standard practice.

I'm for Pelosi, but this isn't new. This isn't an "OMG, look what the GOP is doing" moment.

Pelosi is likely leveraging something here, and the Hyde Amendment language will not hold her up. Let's wait to see if this is truly something she will refuse to add, or if she is just trying to make a stink to get something else in.

In the meantime, she is hoping you will yell and politicize this Hyde Amendment, though she'll allow it later, likely.

Nook, Astrodome and Pringles like this.
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I have been traveling a lot ( not basketball @KingCheetah ). Today i have a cough and feeling not so great. I am in Florida right now and called around to get a test. Not really possible - have to call the county tomorrow when they open.

Seems ridiculous that getting a test is so hard

#1486 Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 12, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
    KingCheetah likes this.
  7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If it's law, they have to follow the law. I'm not sure they can get around that, if the rules permit bypassing the Hyde Amendment if there's a bypartisan agreement to do so. Might be that there has to be a vote to ditch the amendment. The GOP is likely not going to go for that.

Hope whatever is wrong with you isn't what you would understandably be concerned about. Heck, hope you can get a test!

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

how long before some maniac judge issues an injunction and lifts the travel ban?

9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

10. malakas

malakas Member

The Italian CDC based on 155 deaths of Italians adviced that the time for the alarm bells to start ringing is when you have a fever of 37.5 C + difficulty breathing.
    The 37.5 C is based on the armpit method of taking temperature. It is just before you get into high fever.

So if you develop difficulty breathing you go and see a doctor, after letting them know that you are a potential Covid-19 patient so they take precautions.

The testing is about protecting other people around you, the CDC will not do anything else than tell you to isolate and that's it.
    But if you develop these symptoms you will need to start seeking medical assistance.

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  11. malakas

malakas Member

Coronavirus is 3 months old rookie that just made it into the league, and you are comparing it with the stats of a veteran?

Anticope, Nook, joshuaao and 5 others like this.
  12. foh

foh Member

Hope it's something else..
    "They said they"? What does that mean?

Sweet Lou 4 2, Blatz and malakas like this.
  13. ksny15

ksny15 Member

The insane hype over this is ****ing crazy.

14. malakas

malakas Member

It means he has a fever and can't write properly.

Take care sweet Lou.

AroundTheWorld and foh like this.
  15. foh

foh Member

It's not like this ban does much good per research. Plus it probably only halves the people flow from those countries. I guess every bit helps but then it doesn't really seem you appreciate the gravity of situation, so you are just being a partisan hack here contradicting yourself in practically the same post by saying the virus is nothing compared to swine flu

16. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Such a silly statement, when put in proper context.

joshuaao likes this.
  17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I don't think I have a fever but feel feverish. Could be a cold who knows but feels more fluish. I am not too worried, just annoyed that getting a test is not easy. I have been traveling a lot. So far pretty mild though.

Deckard likes this.
  18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

That's like saying the category 5 hurricane out in the gulf heading right at you hasn't killed anyone so why worry about it?

jboslett, Nook, joshuaao and 4 others like this.
  19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

That's Trump's solution to every problem - ban travel from all countries except the ones he has resorts in.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

ha, i am feeling not so great but no fever yet - just checked. Just really tired and a bit of a cough - no phlegm or breathing issues so I am probably ok. I am self-quarantining just to be safe though. So you guys are stuck with me!

plutoblue11, FrontRunner and malakas like this.