1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Newlin

Newlin Member

Idiot Trump keeps saying he inherited a system that was garbage. If that’s true, then he’s had more than three years to make improvements, but he’s done nothing. What a pathetic excuse for a president.

This isn’t a news conference to inform people about the virus. This is a cry baby whining about everything he can think of. Shameful.

2. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

When the threat of hitting the ground has passed, you take the parachute off. The threat we are guarding against with lockdown is the threat of overwhelming the hospital capacity. That threat has passed. At this stage, the virus poses a lower risk than many threats that we ignore daily. We have learned a lot about this virus, but we haven't adjusted policy to the new data. Blanket lockdown is no longer necessary. Targeted safeguarding of the vulnerable population is the logical way to go. 20 million people have lost their jobs in this country alone. 20 million families have lost their source of income. This should never have happened.

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Not disagreeing with you.

I do think the "hammer" had to happen, now the "dance" has to happen with high regard for civil liberties. Locking people down forever is not an option. But I think in some states of the US, they are making a mistake by opening up too early.

B-Bob and RayRay10 like this.
  5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Seriously these reopen ****ers need to get a "Do Not Ventilate" tattoo so that if it's their turn, it goes to someone else.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No Worries and RayRay10 like this.
  8. NewRoxFan

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

It really isn't healthy to watch his "news" conferences.

I'm sure if I measured my blood pressure before and during these daily political rallies I'd be forced to lie down until my heart calms down. So I keep them to a minimum and catch the wrapup of Trump's bull***t after.

Or seeing a headline on CNN about Matt Gasmask Gaetz tweeting something about the "Testing President" Trump or some such. When the opposite is true.

Orwell would have thrown away such chapters if they'd crept into "1984": "No, no, can't have that. Too far-fetched." Then he would have stared at the discarded bits of manuscript and thought, "Or is it?"

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The wonderful thing about our country is that you are free to be an idiot if you choose to do so. Enjoy your freedom.

11. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Very misleading. First you need to do this graph on a per capita basis to normalize for population size differences. Second, you need to evaluate the total deaths that result from suicides, stress and other mental impacts of the lockdown. Until you do that, this information is not helpful.

12. NewRoxFan

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/15/sweden-coronavirus-death-toll-reaches-1000

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. NewRoxFan

https://mronline.org/2020/04/14/swe...-in-worst-death-count-among-nordic-countries/

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

15. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I saw Midsommar.

B-Bob likes this.
  16. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

As long as Sweden does not overwhelm their hospitals, they may end up with the same CV death per capita as the rest of the Nordic countries.

Two years from now, we can pass final judgment on Sweden, when we all have reached herd immunity.

#3876 No Worries, Apr 18, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
  17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Now that's the best comment I have read in a long time! Maybe Trump should do the same.

T_Man and RayRay10 like this.
  18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

God Bless You, Fish.

I mean, really, it's like our own Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick weeks ago saying it's okay for senior citizens like himself to basically take one on the chin for Ole Glory. Well, if Dan Patrick and all those MAGA-machine gun dudes standing outside the Lansing state courthouse want to Die Hard and Free from Covid-19, please, be my guest; but they'll very likely take down others with them.

Last summer after a family Father's Day get-together, my stepmom with norovirus....we all thought she had food poisoning, but everyone who entered that condo where she and Dad live, EVERYONE, got sick. You just had to breathe the air. Then everyone traveling back to their home states, sick as a dog. I went home from Iowa to Texas. Gave it to my wife here. She works with young adults with learning disabilities and thankfully managed to take sick days and not infect them.

Covid is highly contagious. Why the hell is it so difficult to figure out? You'll mainly get some holdouts in those rural areas painted FOX News red. But you just can't fix stupid.

19. NewRoxFan

Poll: Six-in-10 support keeping stay-at-home restrictions to fight coronavirus
    Fifty-eight percent say they are more worried about stopping the virus' spread while 32 percent are more concerned with the economic fallout, new NBC News/WSJ poll shows.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/me...-home-restrictions-fight-coronavirus-n1187011

jcf likes this.
  20. NewRoxFan

A symptom of trump's approach to the pandemic...

RayRay10 likes this.