1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Shhh, he thinks he's on a roll making things up. Pat his head gently and move on.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

My gosh... all those memes from the movie Jaws are now accurate...

deb4rockets and RayRay10 like this.
  3. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Invisible Fan and RayRay10 like this.
  4. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

my favorite is when he talks above his head. The just in time comments are cringey for anyone that has taken anything over 9th grade economics.

OUCH

5. NewRoxFan

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

RayRay10 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Gotta open them there beaches....

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Handlers? You are a freaking psycho. Your posts have me worried about your mental health. Your post is also extremely classless and sick. I know you are mad that I think Chloroquine is a great medicine to look at and I have hope for humanity to work through this but you need to let it go. Following me around and bashing me is not going to make you any less stupid.

#3288 dachuda86, Apr 4, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  9. NewRoxFan

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

This can be misleading as in urban areas you don't have to travel far to get to a grocery story and many jobs allow for telecommuting. In rural areas where things are more spaced out and most jobs are labor vs computer, it may be harder to cut down on travel.

Granted part of it is also very likely that the virus hasn't affected rural areas as much (since they inherently practice social distancing to some degree) and may very likely impact them more. They are more likely to have higher morbidity rates as well, which is why this is actually more scarer for them than cities.

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. omgTHEpotential

The ****?

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

True and that correlates with Trump support and Trumpist governors. Keep an eye on Arkansas which is in the running for worst response in the country.

13. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Actually NYC wins the title of worst response in the country. The data doesn't lie. Without NYC and the tri-state area's disaster, the US would look relatively good versus the rest of the world in this fight. DeBlasio for the loss.

Bandwagoner likes this.
  14. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Can't take from THEIR stockpile, right? I guess even if they take from the states' stockpile forcefully.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Denser cities which are transportation hubs are going to have more infections quicker, that's just common sense and has nothing to do with the response. NYC could have been faster but compared to the vast majority of states, NY has been one of the faster ones.

The reason rural states will have higher morbidity isn't mainly because of the gov't's response (although it isn't helping), it's because heart disease and diabetes is far more rampant in rural areas and thus you are having younger people get seriously sick and die at 4x the rate of healthy adults of the same age range.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

The feds can't help NYC, but China has stepped up to fill the void left by incompetent Trump to provide ventilators.

Hakeemtheking and Two Sandwiches like this.
  17. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Tokyo and Singapore are similar density to NYC. Where are all their deaths? NYC's results are shameful. DeBlasio failed the city.

you're pwn3d yet again, SweetLou!

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

You can not compared Tokyo to NYC. Asian cities are very different from US/European, and NYC is a peak world destination for travel from Europe - which is where the virus came to NYC from (they can track the strain). Tokyo is going to be the next major outbreak so I wouldn't brag about it.

Instead of being childish, deal in facts and grow up a bit here. This is a serious thing, and not a time for petty schoolyard antics.

#3298 Sweet Lou 4 2, Apr 4, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  19. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

The virus at the moment, is largely an isolated, regional problem in the NYC tri-state area. The rest of us should get on with our lives. Very low risk to the working age population and the healthy among us. Lockdown and protect the vulnerable -- pour all of our resources into safeguarding them... but the rest of us need to get back to work to support the American economy and preserve jobs.

20. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

agreed.

telling people to continue to go out to restaurants to avoid racism, attend parades. normal activities.

shameful