1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

RayRay10, foh, joshuaao and 2 others like this.
  2. SamFisher

A good long post. Some hope

3. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Educational Post]
    Sam's post above is so incredibly irresponsible and dishonest. Much like liberals in general. Do you know how many deaths we've had in the USA due to COVID? 237 as of today. 237. Predictions of over 200,000 are just insane. Pure fantasy. Nothing whatsoever to support it.

4. biina

biina Member

1. How many people do you think would have been infected when all is said and done?

5. malakas

malakas Member

Italy too had 233 deaths 13 days ago.

RayRay10 and IBTL like this.
  6. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

[Educational Post]
    Yes, and now they are at 4,000. So 196,000 less than Sam's over under of 200,000. And Italy is in far worse condition than the US, with their elderly population, multi-generational homes, previously open borders, and huge Chinese population in the North.

People are losing their minds when they are running on raw emotion. Facts need to be introduced into the equation here. The liberal governors have all done their part in the last 2 days to incite fear and hysteria... probably coordinated to inflict max pain on the economy. Don't fall for it people. These people are vile and dishonest, and WANT to see the economy crash. They've said so time and again. They are manipulating you like fools. Again.

GOOD DAY

7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

The idea that anyone that is in charge wants to see the economy collapse is ridiculous

No one currently at the top or in a position of power benefits from it.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. malakas

malakas Member

Yes and only 1/3 of Italy is hit.

The rest 2/3 are waiting their turns in the coming days.
    Rome only has had 42 deaths and the south about 10 per REGION.
    Everything south of Florence isn't overwhelmed.

Oh? Italy has more chinese immigrants than the US? More elderly population in raw numbers? :rolleyes:

These are the facts and there's no point for hysteria.

There IS a time for FEAR if this convinces idiots like you to stay in their home.

Whoever walks outside without having something to do is a murderer.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

School me.... because I'm not much into politics.

CNN is generally democratic?

10. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

[Educational Post]
    Your argument just fell on its face. 4,000 deaths in Italy and you claim two thirds of the country hasn’t been hit yet. So extrapolating you get to 12,000... or 188,000 less than 200,000. And the part that was hit was the CHINESE part. So extrapolating is generous to your argument. Seriously people stop with the exaggeration. It’s dangerous and inflicting undue pain on our economy.. which in turn will cause families to suffer great hardship.

Bill Maher let the cat out of the bag when he admitted that liberals were rooting for a recession to take Trump out. Another poster’s argument falls. This is so easy. It’s like I’m the only intelligent person here! Makes sense, as literally no liberal here sounds smart to me.

GOOD DAY

11. malakas

malakas Member

Italy is 1/5 of the american population.
    And the 5k deaths so far is by only 1/3 of the country hit in 2 weeks.
    (LMAO at the chinese part, white people cannot infect others!)

I am so sorry that the world has antisocial personalities like you, who have to mass murder others because they are selfish and arrogant.

Rashmon and RayRay10 like this.
  12. SamFisher

^a guy who bought the dip 3 weeks ago

Andre0087, RayRay10, foh and 3 others like this.
  13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Sam found a truly excellent article everyone should read, in my opinion. Ignore Trader_ J's hysteria. He clearly didn't read it, or if he did, he's more interested in playing the troll than taking this seriously. We can save an enormous number of lives, a staggering number of lives over the next few months. We can if our government takes critical steps now. Sure, back in late January and early February, when trump was being briefed on just how bad the impact of the virus here could be, and he did nothing except tell the public this was a "hoax" and we had everything "under control," would certainly have been a better time to act.

However, those critical weeks that could have made such a difference are gone. We can't get them back. What we can do is take very strong steps now, nationwide, to suppress the spread of the virus, to buy us time. Time to put our unmatched researchers to find the drugs to attack this virus, later to find a vaccine, and our unmatched resources and production capacity to work to produce hundreds of thousands of respirators, millions of N95 masks.

If we do that, we will not only save possibly hundreds of thousands of lives, and yes, it could get that bad. We will enable citizens to get back to work not after many months of self-isolation, our factories and businesses of all sizes idle, but in many weeks. If our leadership continues to dither as our hospitals are swamped and our great medical facilities are simply unable to treat tens of thousands of people, the result will be catastrophic. One Seattle hospital has had to make the decision not to put those over 60 in ICU and on respirators, critical to saving their lives - a death sentence - because they simply don't have enough to handle the number of patients. Our medical people shouldn't be put in that heartbreaking position. I heard that tonight.

We are not helpless. Read the article. It's long, but well worth the time. Lucky for me that I'm a fast reader. ;-)

RayRay10 and joshuaao like this.
  14. biina

biina Member

Those objectives require a lot of government control and coordination which is hard enough to do in a capitalist system but made almost impossible when you have a self serving toddler in charge.

His failures are going to make thingseven worse when the healthcare force starts to lose people, and some of them decide to quit to protect themselves and their families (and that notion is already making the rounds in some facilities).

Deckard and RayRay10 like this.
  15. Buck Turgidson

Can I quote you as "my scientist buddy" when I try to tell these ****ing idiots people who I love to listen to me?

16. Buck Turgidson

Middle Managers of the World, Unite!

17. foh

foh Member

This is where our consoler's in Chief biggest current failure is - he has all the best science in the world at his fingertips and can give the people some sense of control (and actually make us feel better while saving lives!) by providing them with most clear and concise info on how to effectively/efficiently protect themselves and others where needed (eg Central Texas).

Instead he tells us about various border closings and how terrible this nbc dude apparently is at journalism. And baits people against China and the Asian community within the US.

Your relatives/loved ones don't have the time and sense of urgency to research hours upon hours of articles to know whether wearing masks and wiping surfaces will actually make our lives better.

Unless they know that for sure, they won't put in the effort. Just like the Spring breakers out there couldn't care less about the curve and health care system collapsing.

I really hope we don't see national guard trucking caskets of people to cremation facilities, like in Italy. Thanks God for the states trying to alleviate the effects of having a failure in Chief.

But they don't have POTUS' level of influence and visibility. For me personally, I feel like Trump has undermined CDC's credibility among every other branch of government. I am now under shelter in place rules, all because they couldn't test and isolate cases from very beginning.

How can we make our government work for us?

PS. We had this virus on our shores for almost two months now and still are not sure how serious this thing is exactly, in terms of virility stats, but Trump has the gall to accuse the Chinese for hiding how serious the virus was, when they quarantined a whole city/region pretty early on. He is nothing but useless political hack who wants to close his eyes and hope for the best (ie hide behind his walls and travel bans)

18. foh

foh Member

Trump better hope that we make it out of this clusterf*ck better than at least half the Europe or he'll likely have hell to pay. I don't understand how he can seemingly assume that trying to keep a pretty PR image on will help him in the upcoming election. He thinks virus death count can be brushed under the rag easily? The "unprecedented" Chinese virus doesn't discriminate based on nationality and there will be no clearcut entity to blame for failing to lead us out of a huge crisis like this. Can he expect to legitimately blame Obama again? CDC chief? Pence?

Maybe he'll get honest for once and blame Jared, the facebook kingmaker.

#2338 foh, Mar 21, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
    Houstunna and RayRay10 like this.
  19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is the problem when you don't believe in Science. You think people are over reacting - the stock market is having some of its worse weeks in history. Why? Just because there's been a few hundred deaths? How can it be?

It can be my right-wing troll of a friend because you have a virus that was spreading unchecked for months in this country - passing around to people - the majority whom had no symptoms and 80% whom didn't think they had coronavirus. And they have been passing it on to untolds.

The number of people infected right now in the US is far far more than what is being reported. Perhaps an order of magnitude more. History will record what was done here in the US as one of the greatest blunders in response to a health crisis.

The only way Trump can be reelected is if he calls off the election. As people begin to grasp the totality of the death toll that is coming, they will realize that Trump acted criminally and is directly responsible for the deaths of Americans.

The only thing that is shocking is how you can't even conceive or comprehend a 200,000 death toll. It says a lot about you Mr Jorge

Houstunna, joshuaao and RayRay10 like this.
  20. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Look , we agree on the mobile field unit idea .... its a reasonable solution , much more so than expecting to "build a hospital" in a week which is just an impossibility - hell the architects would take months. There's probably a years worth of work to do before breaking ground ....

The hyperbole part rubbed me the wrong way .... It was an exaggeration and really had nothing to do with the conversation , seemed intellectually dishonest to me.

I'm not sure what the numbers are on closed down rural hospitals .... seems another option.