1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Contrast this with the current occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue...

3. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2% mortality rate right now in US. 100 deaths, 5000 confirmed cases. I’d guess the real case load is 20000 in the US.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How so, the air your breath out can transmit the virus. That is a factual statement.

5. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Bump. I didn't see any reply to this question.

My gut feeling says that the language in bold may likely be true. I say that because prior to Hurricane Harvey I was privy to some info coming out of the County's Flood Control Dept. The 'disaster team' (Mayor, County Judge, et al) stood on TV and said that 40 to 50 inches of rain were exaggerations and people should NOT evacuate immediately. I was told get out if you can, it will be that bad and 40 to 50 inches is conservative. But I understand why the 'disaster team' had to do that. Hurricane Rita was a humanitarian disaster and the area's roads couldn't support a mass exodus.

If you have the opportunity to stock up, I would. But don't hoard. Be considerate. The way things are rapidly changing, we all should KNOW we haven't seen the worst. I think you have to ask yourself, what's worst case, and be prepared mentally for that even if you can't prepare like you want to by stocking up on goods. Delivery services will continue but I expect there to be a gap in service as the home quarantines become more 'mandatory' for lack of a better term. I'm struggling with what it is I need to concentrate my 'stocking up' on is. Right now, my household is low on Kleenex and we certainly are not stocked up on toilet paper. But we're not critically low either.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

There's still too many people out and various clueless idiots spouting "meh just the flu"

Other than getting police to tell people to go home I don't know what else there is. It's economic pain now vs cataclysm later. Italy wishes they put theirs in earlier, that's for sure

7. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Why are people so worried about toilet paper? You ain't going anywhere. Take a shower or rinse. Tear up old tshirts and use them. Go find some smooth rocks.

Hakeemtheking, SamFisher and B@ffled like this.
  8. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Same with water. Our water supply isn’t in danger.

JumpMan likes this.
  9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Still can't get a test in Florida. It's ridiculous.

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Serious question though: since many of us will eventually get this but don’t have garage apartments, how do you isolate one person in a normal small house or apartment??

malakas likes this.
  11. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Leaves...

T_Man

JumpMan likes this.
  12. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Exactly. Boil it. Get a filter.

13. Beezy

Beezy Member

Demolition Man was right.

[​IMG]

14. WNBA

WNBA Member

cannot get a test in San Diego either....... where the number of cases increased by 8 times in one day. This country is ****ed hard by GOP and their Trump virus.

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I heard his press conference. It was pretty clear to me he meant that States will get reimbursed for purchases (per the aid package) and that they shouldn't worry about waiting for supplies to come from the Fed's supply chain ... that they should feel free to purchase at will.

What's bad about that is that the Feds had to wait for declaration of National Emergency / Spending BIlls to replenish their stockpile of pandemic needs .. ie. the emergency stockpile is inadequate. The Feds actually should be the direct supplier here, with new spending replenishing *existing* stockpile.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Why are we out of milk and eggs? Stores looks like they were raided by famished mobs.

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Da people know a shitstorm’s a comin’.

JumpMan and pirc1 like this.
  18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

We went the other day. Good on TP, paper towels, soap, etc. for at least 2-3 weeks. What we didn’t really get a chance to buy much in bulk that I wish we would have was frozen food. Fresh food is ideal but the shelf life makes it kind of pointless at the moment.

I basically planned for grocery stores to remain open. I don’t think anyone in their right mind though should have been planning to only eat out. It’s a supply chain question and the question of if they’ll keep grocery stores open. If they keep them open and the supply chain remains in tact, I don’t really see what changes.

19. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

If we get a shelter in place order, that may be dicey. I'm still unclear at how enforcable that is but if it's ordered I'll do my civic duty to stay put as best I can.

My worse case scenario is the paycheck stops coming and I can't make my house payment. The best thing that can be done, IMO, is to push back loan payments without penalty.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Priorities.

joshuaao likes this.