1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D Anderson at it again - Charlotte

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Do WHAT?, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

Bobcats sign veteran Derek Anderson
    Posted: Tuesday Nov 28, 2006 12:53 PM

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -The Charlotte Bobcats added depth to their backcourt Tuesday by signing veteran swingman Derek Anderson.

The move was made to help lessen the load for point guards Raymond Felton and Brevin Knight. Anderson has experience playing point guard, shooting guard and small forward.

"That versatility was definitely a factor so he can spell the guys at the point and also do some scoring,'' Bobcats coach and general manager Bernie Bickerstaff said. "He can take some pressure off our young wings.''

Charlotte will be the seventh team for the 32-year-old Anderson, who was selected 13th overall by Cleveland in the 1997 draft. The former Kentucky star averaged 8.1 points with Houston and Miami last season, but wasn't re-signed by the Heat.

"This was a better situation than the other offers I had,'' Anderson said. "I wanted to find the best fit for me. It's a matter of using my skills to help the team out.''

The Bobcats created a roster spot for Anderson on Monday when they waived guard Alan Anderson.

2. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

I think your screen name sums up that signing pretty accurately...

3. Van Gundier

Van Gundier Member

DA is versatile. He can suck at 3 different positions.

Impressive.

4. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

Translation: Charlotte gave me the largest offer

You're not fooling anyone, Derek, we know its the NBA and you're only 32.
    Lucky for them, they don't need to make a new jersey for him, that's probably why they were able to offer more money than other teams.

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

LOL :D.

6. shawn786

shawn786 Member

I thought he was playing in some Euro league :confused:

7. LFE171

LFE171 Member

Awesome. I was thrilled we got DA on the cheap last year, but damn, he's a scrub. He sucks at everything and won't do much there with morrison taking his shots away.

but damnit, he got a ring for not doing much.

8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

DA is washed up.

on a side note. he re-joins brevin knight. both were selected in the same draft by cleveland.

9. FFz

FFz Member

If he plays well, i see Knight going to the Heat. Gotta feel sorry for Alan Henderson though.

10. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

I predict tomorrow he will injure his pinky finger and miss upwards of 1-20 weeks.

11. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

somebody tell the Bobcats this guy is a cancer...quick.

I'd hate to see him screw them over, better them than us though I guess.

12. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

But he's a really strange cancer. I think people have a misconception about DA that he's all about money. I don't think DA was ever about money. His problem is that he overvalues his talent and thinks he's something that he really isn't. Every team that gave him the boot did so because they thought he wasn't worth the time on the court that he demanded.

DA's overinflated sense of what he is is the reason why he's such a problem for so many teams. He couldve been a solid player years ago if he'd have shut the hell up and realized that he's a bench player. He had a good thing in San Antonio and ruined it because he thought he was something special.

13. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Or ONLY offer.

14. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

When is the next Charlotte-rockets game? I'd like to see him matched up with Bonzi :D

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

Burger King, McDonald's, Wendy's, Subway...

16. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

Isn't is because Charlotte has to spent 1.4mil to get into the minimum salary?