1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D’Antoni doesn’t know when to call timeouts

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, May 28, 2018.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I know we go overboard at times

But i am really pissed about this one

How much better is the average shot quality after a drawn up play vs a "chicken with its head cut off" approach that we ran? 5 % , 10 % , more ?

When you consider that it was a 1 point game that opens up what you can do off an inbound even more. LAC had to worry about WB going to the basket, harden on the perimeter, a shooter in the corner. Instead its a broken play when neither james nor russ looked fully sure what to do.

I know the clippers are lengthy and inbounding could be diificult ?

But COME ON. given how late in the game that was , not calling a TO and drawing up a play probably knocked 10 percent off our chances of winning.

Its incompetence. You dont ask Clint and James and PJ to grind for 40 minutes to keep you in this game because you are scared of playing subs .... and then drop the ball at the end of the game when the situation BEGS you to draw up a play.

*edit*
    - my actual biggest gripe is that Harden was literally on the floor when we in bounded. This wasn't like calling a TO would deprive us of a fast break opportunity.

#81 snowconeman22, Nov 23, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    Lawlruschang, daywalker02 and tinman like this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member