1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

cyberx Thank You Thread -- he called the trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

No prob. Just another ear from a legit source. Cyber has more connections than I. Im more or less connected to certain Rockets players and guys around the league. I also coach and work for a sports agency. Lost of whispers, but I'm glad to share even if it doesn't come to fruition.

Just remember...we're always after the Free Birds. (LAC has lots of them, same with Sac, Detroit, Orlando, NY, and Indy ...minus PG.

tbw914, LCAhmed, DonKnock and 6 others like this.
  2. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

#BigCod delivers!

DonKnock likes this.
  3. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

If Blake signs with my town (PHX) don't be a SAP. ATL is rebuilding. He would take a smaller deal to win. Just so you know. His agent is a great dude who sees the future.

We are so chatty right now lol. I just heard some nonsense about Korver...but I guess anything is possible right now.

I can't keep up.

I'm really worried about Ne. He's loyal to this city...he wants to be here. IF we don't sign him, I'll be devastated. He played his heart out, and showed the Kid how to play in the post with power.

TMac'n, tbw914, Caesar and 14 others like this.
  4. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

The Blake tidbit is a bit surprising to me. I could be wrong, but Blake strikes me as the type that wouldn't hesitate to gobble up the full 5 year max he's eligible for. Obviously, the Clippers are going to offer it to him.

The Clippers legit have nothing else going for them if they lose Blake too. No young prospects. It's just Blake (talented but injury prone semi-superstar), DJ (legit super role player), a dreadful head coach and a bunch of no-names filling out the roster.

5. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

I really can't see a team that can offer Nene more than the $3.5MM early bird offer that the Rockets can and give him the same combination of role and contention.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Yes to PAW MEOWSAP!

We should also target

[​IMG]

Gorki and Vivi like this.
  7. Chamillionaire

I'll be disappointed too. He was possibly the best big for us last year. I'm sure he'll be back.

DonKnock and TheMystery008 like this.
  8. OTMax

OTMax Member

Thanks a lot @Codman !!! I'll stop being a fan if Morey doesn't bring back Nene. He always lowballs veterans who play well here; first Mutombo, then Camby, now NeNe?? **** Morey honestly if he doesn't understand his value and signs all these soft losers like BG and Melo.

9. the shark

the shark Member

Praying for ya Cod!!

Hang in there!

tbw914 and DonKnock like this.
  10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

#Fünke? Please say it's Fünke. Harris is obviously better, but the never-nude that blue himself cracks me up. If all our games are going to be boring wins, we'll need Tobias to keep us entertained.

[​IMG]

Caesar likes this.
  11. the shark

the shark Member

Like Cod and Cyber have both pointed out they're just reporting things their contacts are telling them. Just because something might not pan out doesn't mean they weren't exploring it. As he said things "change". So don't kill the messenger if things don't play out, and it doesn't make them wrong if they don't. Just be appreciative that they're passing along what their contacts are telling them.

DonKnock likes this.
  12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Hey Codzilla Is there any traction to the banana boat theory being assembled here? LeBron being non-committal with the Cavs? Coming to the ROX to exact sweet revenge on the Dubs?

13. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

#bringbackNENE

DonKnock likes this.
  14. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

@Codman Clutchfans loves you. Get well!!

craguin, Yung-T, Vivi and 1 other person like this.
  15. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

It definitely seemed like some of the exception that made it a point to carve out during the CP trade will be used to make sure Nene will be able to be brought back.

I was particularly impressed with Nene's explosiveness this last season. After hearing an interview with James Johnson of the Heat, he attributed his own explosiveness to MMA training in the offseason and also asserted that he believes Nene does Jiu Jitsu style training.

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  16. Caesar

Caesar Member

If anything, we'll have the worlds first Analrapist on hand for the opposing team.

Scarface and don grahamleone like this.
  17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Haha, you're killing me smalls.

[​IMG]

Caesar likes this.