1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx: Rockets will go after Durant hard in 2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Feb 18, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

you're over-thinking this.

Or maybe it is merely a leak for damage control, because we aren't making a significant trade this deadline, so they say "It's because we are looking to 2016." to keep the hopes up.

j/k

but, seriously, RV6...you're overthinking this.

2. photojoe

photojoe Member

That is the exact thing- I don't think Morey has a set goal. Is he all in for this year? Yes... if he can find the player or two that he thinks will push us over the top as championship contenders. Does he value flexibility? Yes.... if he can't find the right player.

Again, just look at this past offseason. When it looked like we were going to get Chris Bosh, Morey was all in. Sign Bosh. Go over the cap to match Parsons' contract. But then Bosh didn't sign with us at the last minute, and Morey was no longer all in and instead valued flexibility because he didn't think we were a championship team.

I'm not an insider. I don't know what Morey is actually thinking. But looking at that previous example, I think Morey would operate in the same way. He isn't going to go all in just for the sake of going all in. If the right player becomes available at the right price to make us a championship contender, then he will go all in. If not, he will keep the options open and the flexibility there, even if that means pursuing Durant in 2016.

3. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

4. pass_to_Hakeem

LOL!!! So is every other NBA team with capspace

Durant won't be a Houston Rocket, IF .... he leaves OKC it will be to his home in DC

5. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

From the sound of things is that Morey is Keeping the Rockets cap flexible. Just in case it turns out Durant want to come to Houston. Durant won't turn the Rockets away because they can't afford him, he'll sign somewhere else because he wants to be somewhere else.

But Morey is doing his due diligence. It is apparent that Harden and Durant are still good friends. Maybe the Rockets know something? Maybe they are delusional!

So CyberX is just saying that the 2016 cap space won't be spent on Dragic!! It isn't going to be spent on Brandon Knight! Or for the matter of fact anyone else who will take up cap space.

Basically, telling everyone to go and get some sleep. Don't take too much time analyzing if giving 100 million to Dragic makes sense! Because it doesn't!

6. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

If CyberX says it, then there's a good chance that it will happen.

7. Swishh

Swishh Member

Exactly this.

This comes as NO shock. Funny how cyberx will get credit for this "news" even though anybody could have called it (which Jalen Rose did 1 1/2 years ago). Logically, Dwight would probably have to opt out and take less money.

8. hooroo

hooroo Member

So are the Rockets leaking because they have nothing going but this year's Jordan Hamilton again at the trade deadline?

9. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

No dragic boys... not worth it.... focus on another point guard flavor to help out Bev.... Gary Neal perhaps

10. HTM

HTM Member

Gary is who I wanted all along... jokes on you

11. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Please merge with giant cyberx thread so records can continue to be broken.

12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Way out there on that little prediction. Nice job.

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

And Btw, I am going hard after Serena Gomez. Prolly as likely to happen though...

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Meh, with the cap being $90M in 2016, the Rockets can easily pay Dragic, Dwight, Durant and Darden.

15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

But, will they be going HARD for him cuz da rox be like goin hard yo.

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Is that a trick question??

I was referring to the friendship they have. They're so close they planned the Miami thing ahead of time.

I don't think so...I don't think it's a coincidence cyberx had that info a day before deadline.

#76 RV6, Feb 19, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  17. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Rose? That was literally a prediction on his part.

Cyberx isn't saying or predicting he'll come here.

I know going after him seems like an obvious move, but when we went after LeBron pre Miami, was it the same as when we went after Melo this summer?? I dont think anyone would say the Rockets put the same effort into both. Both were obvious attempts, but clearly, they felt better about going "hard" for Melo and not Lebron. I'm trying to look at this from Cyberx and Morey's point of view. I think Cyberx was trying to emphasize this would be more like with Melo and not a formality, like with Lebron.

Taking that into consideration, and that Morey could be screwing with our current chance at a title by keeping flexibility..I can't imagine this is just a shot in the dark like everyone else will take, just because a top 3 player is a FA. Morey must know he has a real shot at Durant and he likely heard that from Harden, which would be a lot more credible than everything else he hears about the topic.

19. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Here we go again with Morey and his chasing a pipe dream. Durant will probably burn us too. Worry about feasible transactions Morey. We're not that far off from being real contenders.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We haven't had nearly the playoff success that OKC enjoyed.

If he wants a fresh start, that is fine. But saying he will automatically come here because we are so good that is reaching.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.