1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx: Rockets will go after Durant hard in 2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Feb 18, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

^^ I see them and see wade/lebron...you know they'd love to do great things on the same team..

2. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I think the chances of him opting out if healthy are about 99%.

He's due $23.282m in that final year , even if he only gets 10m per year he'll make better than twice that 23.3 over the course of a new 5 year deal and 10m is a very conservative figure going forward.
    For reference , Tim Duncan gets 10.36m for this season.

3. Moleb

Moleb Member

You guys are gonna run off cyberx just like you did the other legit insider.

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I bet you believe that Jake kid is a legit insider for Philly too .... :rolleyes:

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It's not just about Durant...It's also indicating the team isn't all in now like Morey said....I think that's something to think about, especially if something happens, or doesn't happen, tomorrow.

6. haydenfisher342

Omg guys, I predicted this back in 2012! wow! im so good, insider haydenfisher342, you can call me haydenfisher342

7. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

My sources tell me that it's either OKC or Washington for Durant in 2016.

8. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

The thing to take from this is that Morey is going to make moves with the 2016 offseason in mind. He won't go 'all-in' if it ruins a chance at signing Durant.

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

And do people really think Harden isn't dropping hints to Morey? It's in their best interest to talk about this possibility. I think Harden knows what Durant will do, maybe not his decision, but what he'll really consider. Morey should know by now, if they have a real shot at him or not..for it to come up now in trade talks and they're going after him hard, not just an afterthought when the time comes...I think Harden has told Morey to keep that flexibility..

10. Airdough

Airdough Member

I hear flexibility can create well off the dribble and take the scoring load off Harden.

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Pipe dreams and first round exits.

12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I mentioned the 2016 FA / Cap expansion in multiple threads over the past few days as I got to wondering how Dragic would affect that situation and the big fish in that FA frenzy is .... Durant.

It's a very unique situation and teams with cap $$ to spend & then resign their own FA's will be in position to really improve their rosters.

Dwight's option. DMo & T.Jones both RFA .... Other players coming off the books.

The big question is how do you improve the team NOW and for next season while not ruining your ability to be a major player in that 2016 offseason FA.

The Rockets cant clear much cap space this coming offseason so if they are to improve for next season , they pretty much have to fire that bullet now , taking on a contract that helps you next season while not extending beyond that point.

13. photojoe

photojoe Member

True. But that is the way that Morey operates. That is the way that Morey has always operated. He said he will commit to a lineup only when he feels that it is good enough to compete to a championship. We don't really know how true that is because he hasn't had that opportunity yet, but that is what he has said.

Until he has a lineup that he feels is a very, very legitimate title contender, he will always value flexibility. He will try to make moves to get better, even if it is only incrementally, but he will make sure that he maintains the flexibility to needed to find that final player.

Just look at this past summer. He was ready to commit a long term deal to Chris Bosh and then match a 3 year ridiculous contract for Parsons. That would have easily put them out of the running for Durant, but Morey was comfortable doing that because it would have given him what he felt was a legitimate, championship-winning, starting 5.

So Morey will try to find that final player to complete his championship puzzle. If he finds him, he will lock him up. If he doesn't he will maintain his flexibility to 'go hard' for Durant.

I'm not doubting Cyberx. I appreciate when he does post. I just feel like that one post, that several people went crazy about in the other thread, actually was complete common sense and wasn't any new information at all.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Exactly..that's why it would come up now, right at the deadline.

15. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Flexibility has also been known to take you to the NBA Finals if you have enough of it.

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I'm pretty certainn Morey said they were all in this year in an interview recently. Maybe someone can verify that, but I remember thinking it sounded like flexibility wasn't a priority anymore..Of course that doesn't mean he has to be careless.

17. clos4life

clos4life Member

18. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I believe he said something along those lines .... Prior to Dwight going out.

Dwight's health does change things. With him you are a legit contender , without him you are likely a first round exit.

19. Airdough

Airdough Member

I wish that were true but at some point waiting for next offseason is going to create apathy in your fanbase. This team will be good regardless if they make an all-in move or not. It's been a long time since the mid 90's and the rest of Houston sports are "meh". I understand the thinking but don't agree with it.

1 person likes this.
  20. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Harden/Durant, Wade/Lebron and Jordan/Pippen

Who do you take???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.