1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx: Rockets will go after Durant hard in 2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Feb 18, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Stein also once reported that Houston wasn't one of the teams on Dwight Howard's list in FA so take it with a grain of salt.

2. ksny15

ksny15 Member

He also has reported many things to be factual in the past. You can't just dismiss it because it's anti Rockets. It's probably true. There is way more reason to believe he wouldn't be any to come here vs wanting to play here.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sure maybe it's possible that a Mavs homer and Rockets hater happens to be the only person with the biggest scoop on a Rockets story.....or maybe he's just trolling like he has so many times in the past.

Feel free to believe it if you like, I'll wait to hear it from someone credible.

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep, i agree. Those are the guys that fit with us very well, if Durant is not coming, Blake and George should be on our radar from next year.

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lol, he's not going to the Warriors...and i assume while he's 100% not going to Houston, he's maybe ok in going to the Lakers or NY...smh...

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Not that i don't believe you, but i would just like to read the tweet you're talking about, can you find it somehow?

7. NBADraft2003

NBADraft2003 Member

Stein's Twitter account, shocked me as Heat fan because I thought for sure that Houston would be one of the teams he's looking at.

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Can't find it :/

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Are you sure? Howard was always reported as having Houston on his list when he was a FA. It was during the trade deadline from a season before that he was against coming to the Rockets.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't know if it was Stein himself but there were plenty in ESPN that had him not coming to Houston and had him going back to LA. Most of them were LA people though...unsurprisingly...

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Actually, Stein would appear on ESPN and spout what Fegan or Cuban was feeding him: "....that Howard is considering the Lakers (current team), Brooklyn, and the Mavericks...."

His articles probably followed suit.

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

If Durant goes to the Warriors or Spurs he is dead to me, and will instantly find what it's like to be hated by NBA fans, Miami Lebron style.

Fans appreciate a guy who goes to a dark horse or an underdog or a hometown, not a front runner.

If he went to LA / NY he'd still draw a lot of flak for going to a big spotlight market, but I'd have a lot of respect for him if he can drag those terrible teams back to contention.

However, Warriors / Spurs / Cavs are the short-list of teams where I'd just turn on him if he went there.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

What? We have a crap reputation around the league of flipping players, we have a meddlesome owner and a star that dominates the ball.

We aren't exactly a destination location.

DD

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

[Stein] Durant will not go hard after Rockets in 2016

:p

15. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Sounds like more rehashed junk from the regular season.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Would be a much worse look than what Lebron did.

Lebron went to a mediocre Miami team that tore itself down to bring in the Big 3. As bad of a look as that was, it's not as bad as front-running to the GOAT team.

However...people love the Warriors and Durant, so I doubt he'd catch quite the same sort of flak Lebron did.

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

he's talking about dwight a few yrs back, not durant now.....refer to bobby's post #2237

18. NBADraft2003

NBADraft2003 Member

I may have Stein confused with someone else then, I thought for sure it was him. I screen shot tweets and save articles from every offseason regarding this stuff but I can't find anything so I must have him confused.

19. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Funny how Houston is picked out of all teams to talk about in a negative light once again.

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I think we can edit the thread title to 2017 to keep the thread alive, right?

It's a 1+1 contract.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.