1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amir's Johnson

There's a lot of talk right now, but they want to see how the team plays with all the injured players and rookies playing. But if a deal that makes sense happens then we'll make a move.

2. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Look jack@ss, just because I'm in a good mood doesn't mean it's because of some fiendish delight that I'm getting out of all this. You think I've taken 5-6 months of crap (and been pretty good natured about it) for attention. I've been here 20 years......I didn't need the extra stuff, but once it started, I vowed to see it through to the end...telling all that I heard in the process. How long have you been here? In fact how old are you? I despise you and the other shortimers who just look to pile on.....There's a reason I don't usually respond to you and your ilk.

2 people like this.
  3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Add me to the list of those unsure of why Detroit would part with Drummond. o_O

4. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

The logical answer is that this has morphed in to the de facto "Random Trade Ideas" thread which helps NOT clutter up the board with too many threads. It has nothing to do with any particular "insider's" credibility.

I have faith though. It's goin down...soon. Canaan's being moved...book it!

5. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

Too bad I can't edit out my own post to delete the part about Canaan, right Plow? Oh well. Replying to my own post and deleting it will have to do.

#5coursemeal

6. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

I believe Plowman. What I can't believe is all those who get frustrated by this thread yet keep returning and posting in it.

I'm of the opinion that Dragic and Milsap are the #1 targets. Milsap is not happening due to the Hawks being top 4. Dragic is happening it's just the Suns are prolonging the inevitable. I'll laugh when the Rockets end up with Dragic for 2 2nd round picks in February :D

7. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

That won't happen for just 2 2nd rounders.

8. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

You're certainly entitled to believe him, but I'll laugh when the Rockets make 1 or more moves that nobody saw coming, for a player or players that were on nobody's radar. For context, compare all of these "insider" predictions vs. every move Morey's made in his career in Houston (sans Howard).

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

It's you and only you responsible for whatever crap came your way. I'm not going to say you deserve it but you put yourself in this situation. So deal with it.

This thread was meant for cyberx. Nobody asked you to jump in with your "insider" status, post scenarios and deadlines and once they all come and go and nothing happens, cite an excuse of talks being fluid and continue to post meaningless youtube links. If you're going to throw shyte everywhere and repeatedly prove to be wrong, you better expect some hostile feedback.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Don't get mad at people for not believing you when literally zero of your "information" has been correct thus far.

You very well may be just relaying stuff you hear, and that's fine, but surely you understand that people are entitled to be frustrated by the amount of people claiming to be insiders coming into this thread and spreading rumors that end up in no way coming to fruition, then hearing all about how it's a "fluid situation" and whatnot.

It's been this way for almost half a year now, so yeah, credibility is going to be questioned. That's how it goes.

11. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

At this point the most likely story is the original Plowman sold his account to some troll who now is getting a kick out of releasing false information just before the banhammer falls on him. Until we have definitive proof of this, however, the thread rolls onwards.

12. jrett121

jrett121 Member

I seriously cannot understand why people who hate this thread continue to return to it. isn't that the definition of insanity? If you only want to hear what CyberX has to say, then only read what he posts. If you don't want all the "junk" relegated to the thread, don't come in the thread. Start your own thread talking about what you want to talk about.

1 person likes this.
  13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Leverage paves ways for trades to be made at the deadline beforehand or sometimes even a year before (see Love, Dwight to LA, etc.).

Does Gogi or Millsap have or want leverage(publicly state they are unhappy & asked out)? Do to the Rockets have leverage (max cap room)?

My answer to the Gogi/Rondo/Millsap hopefest is that I need to at least see the tip of an iceberg to believe that there is a block of ice the size of a football field under the water.

I don't see any reasoning by any party make a push to trade or get traded. Things can change (especially with Pho & Gogi if they start losing), but right now, I don't even see an Iceberg on the open water. These rumors are kind of random at best, but its purely entertainment. Anyone taking them seriously waiting on pins & needles is someone that probably has alot of trouble on April 1st.

-Even in Phoenix's case, I actually think its more likely they trade Bledsoe or Thomas. Why trade your best player when you could trade your 2nd or 3rd best player and get nearly the same return? We've already seen the type of player Gogi can be when the ball is in his hands all the time (when Bledsoe went down), but there is no indication that Bledsoe could put up those type of numbers. My gut tells me that Gogi is their guy at the end of the day they really want, and want to pay. He almost made the all-star team last year(means a whole lot more than you'd think), and would be their best chance moving forward to have a face of the franchise for a couple years.

#15453 dobro1229, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

How about if Plowman or other fake siders like jopat or shaun or roe4christ or chicco create a thread of their own to post whatever insider news they have? They can stroke their egos (e-wenis) there.

I mainly come here to read what cyber has to say and the thread ends up being Plowman spamming some youtube links. At some point, he has got to be accountable for the months of false stuff.

15. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

Judging by your post history, it seems that is the only kind of feedback you give.

....and the "nobody asked you to...." nonsense works both ways, champ. ;)

16. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Dragic and Josh Smith to the Rockets
    Drummond to the Suns
    T. Jones, New Orleans pick to the Pistons

Something like that?

17. jrett121

jrett121 Member

i do enjoy the term "e-wenis." i say just enjoy the stuff you want to enjoy and ignore the other stuff. no reason for hostility, it doesn't bring anything to the table.

1 person likes this.
  18. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Ewww Josh Smith....

19. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I see no logical reason why Detroit would part with their best player and why would we be interested in him? He doesn't fit our system. Especially next to D12

20. yao2kmart

yao2kmart Member

I have a feeling The Rockets organization are sitting out Howard, Beverly, and TJones due to the fact that they want other GM'S to see our valuable our assets really are. Come trade deadline, our players will be more valuable because they had a chance to continue to win with out our main Starters.

Great Strategy DM!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.