1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeardlyBeardman

"Stupid Bus family knows nothing about winning gahhhh! Guess this shows they will never be champions as long as Lin does not start. Wait maybe Rondo backs up Jeremy when he is tired from scoring so much? OH RIGHT #1 LAKER"

2. cyberx

cyberx Member

I hadn't heard anything. Just a hinch.

3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's a very good question.

Why wasn't it shut down many moons ago?

And there's a logical answer.

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The "I'm sorry, Plowman, looks like you were right" studogg has yielded to his former incarnation.

Come on, now, look at the bright side: Dwight can teach Drummond to shoot free throws.

5. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

sorry man. I've been had connections and what you are spewing is definitely not from a connection. There is too much definitive talk, target dates, random trade targets loosely tethered to the rockets, with no rumblings from cybers camp.

I don't doubt you know someone in the rockets. what i doubt is that they like you as much as you think they do, cause they are filling you up with a **** pie.

and frankly, i'm tired of the **** being apportioned out on the site.

1 person likes this.
  6. BeardlyBeardman

hinch = hunch but u get left out

7. studogg

we all want to believe. but how many red herrings can you throw out before some finally says enough with the insanity.

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Keep in mind that the only tradeable 1st rounder that the Lakers have to offer is the Rockets pick from the premature Lin-jaculation. As long as the Rockets look the way they look now, that's probably a pick in the 20's.

The only other pick this decade they could give would be a 2019 first rounder and any pick swaps in 2014 and 2016.

Kinda seems like to me that there are more than a few teams that could beat that offer.

Rondo would essentially have to come out now and say "Im going to LA this Summer in FA", and I wouldn't come to Houston, or any other team that is threatening to beat LA's offer.

Unless that's the case, or the Lakers throw in J. Randle (not insane to think of if Rondo had years left on his deal), but I don't see it happening. Especially when the Lakers can KEEP all of those picks, or keep Randle, and add Rondo this Summer regardless. Do the Lakers think they are winning anything in the West this year with just Kobe and Rondo???

I dunno... sounds like Lakers media guys trying to keep the Lakers relevant & talked about as they always do. I'm sure Shelburn will come out with some crap report too in the next few days proclaiming how the Lakers mistique & Kobes greatness is drawing superstars around the league to get traded to the Lakers for Nash and the Rockets pick.

#15428 dobro1229, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  9. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Because its happening? Soon?

10. studogg

because it's kept all the bs in one thread instead of a thousand like usual.

it's been a win win for clutch.

11. gaspar

gaspar Member

The Lakers don't have any draft picks to trade.

2015 first round draft pick to Phoenix
    L.A. Lakers' 1st round pick to Phoenix protected for selections 1-5 in 2015, 1-3 in 2016 and 1-3 in 2017 and unprotected in 2018 [L.A. Lakers-Phoenix, 7/11/2012]

2017 first round draft pick to Orlando
    If at least two years after the L.A. Lakers conveyed a 1st round pick to Phoenix, then the L.A. Lakers' 1st round pick to Orlando protected for selections 1-5 in 2017 and 1-5 in 2018 and unprotected in 2019; if the L.A. Lakers have not conveyed a 1st round pick to Phoenix by 2017, then the L.A. Lakers will instead convey their 2017 2nd round pick and 2018 2nd round pick to Orlando [L.A. Lakers-Phoenix, 7/11/2012 then L.A. Lakers-Orlando, 8/10/2012]

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

They have the Rockets pick to trade, and I'm guessing they'd even offer their 2019 pick. The Lakers are probably hoping for a nasty Harden injury right about now. Another reason to hate Lakers and their fans.

13. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There are many scenarios out there...lots of discussions.

Enjoy. :)

1 person likes this.
  14. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

McHale told us this tho, right?

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

We already knew that. We don't need a supposed "insider" to tell us that. At this point, you're just throwing shyte to the wall and getting a kick out of stroking your epenis.

16. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

For all pro teams? I'm going to believe.

17. CelticsFan

CelticsFan Member

Im sure you're just right in the middle of all the talks too

18. jrett121

jrett121 Member

I'm pretty sure Plow is just being facetious, not insinuating that the idea of discussions is information.

19. sabesque

sabesque Member

But not tired enough to stop checking and commenting on this thread?

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The Lakers are fools if they make a run for Rondo and therefore ruin their chances at securing a Top 3-5 draft pick. Rondo isn't making them THAT much better, but he'll blow any chance they have of getting elite talent in the draft.

So please go for it Lakers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.