1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CelticsFan

CelticsFan Member

Im no Rockets insider but I can promise you Drummond will not be traded to the Rockets. He's a huge talent who is still on a rookie contract.

1 person likes this.
  2. alethios

alethios Member

3. opticon

opticon Member

The tender offer was 7 mil if I remember correctly.

We could absorb him with our Tpe and then do separate trades to send them what ever agreed upon assets they want.

If they don't deal him before the deadline they get nothing.

4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Andre Drummond?

I can't see us having anything to get him other than Dwight Howard reuniting with SVG. No way that's happening.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

For real...

The Pistons aren't trading their only quality young player.

6. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Yeah i agree. No clue why Detriot would trade Drummond.

I don't see that happening.

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Seems like the only way they would trade Drummond is if somebody agreed to take on Josh Smith's contract.

Drummond was off to a poor start this season due to foul issues, but check out a couple of his recent lines

Vs Bucks
    26 pts 20 rebs

Last night
    27 pts, 14 rebs, 5 blk, 4 stl

8. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

yeah let me repeat. No way they trade Drummond. Not happening. He's on a rookie deal and he's 21.

9. sabesque

sabesque Member

Rush is Canadian = Kelly Olynyk is Canadian = Kelly Olynyk played against Andre Drummond last night = drummer = we're getting Drake = Mind Blown.

10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I think even then they wouldn't trade Drummond unless they get a lot of quality picks back. Smith is a horrible contract but this is akin to cutting off your nose to spite your face.

11. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bingo.

12. CelticsFan

CelticsFan Member

[​IMG]

Kobe loves Rondo

13. CelticsFan

CelticsFan Member

^^^^ Sorry I didnt know how to post the pic but it's of Rondo and Kobe having breakfast together this morning.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Hence why it would be counter-intuitive to trade your one rebuilding piece.

Trading Drummond in order to trade Smith makes no sense. What would be the point of trading Smith? To spend money again on meh players in free agency next Summer?

I'm not entirely sure that Smith is really that un-tradeable by himself as it is. If a team knows they aren't going to have the cap space to get a quality player next Summer and needs to add talent at the 4 or to their bench, Josh Smith is the perfect type of player. At 14 mil per, most teams could come up with a deal to help Detroit get him off their books without anyone getting hurt and every team satisfying their needs.

The problem with Josh Smith isn't that he's not good, its just that he's a horrible fit. However he might be a good fit again if Monroe leaves in FA next Summer.

I support team Plow, but I seriously doubt there is anything here. Even Detroit can't be that dumb to think moving him is a good idea.

15. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

It has been obvious for a week or so now that the Rockets do not need to make a trade to compete for a championship. I feel sure that Morey is licking his chops at the possibility of obtaining an extremely discounted player at the deadline. Nothing will happen until mid to late February.

16. gdinamite

gdinamite Member

So we're getting Josh Smith e Andre Drummond?

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Plow-

Insider hat aside. Put yourself in Detroit's shoes. Why in the world would you think about trading Drummond?

-To get rid of Smith's salary to.... spend money in Free agency? (hows that worked out for ya in the past?)
    -Because you want to make Monroe your future star in the middle (that you didn't want to resign this Summer to an "up-coming star" salary?)
    -Because you think Drummond is over-valued?
    -Drummond is going to a third team and they are getting another young stud to balance out their roster IE Dragic-like (if that's the case why does Houston even need to be involved?)

I'm struggling to make sense of what the heck they would see in a deal with Drummond going out. Please help my head not explode.

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

So the insiders say we're getting Drummond now? Sure, why not. Not any more absurd than them assuring us we'd get Rubio.

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Search?

I know you're not a contributing member, but I think you can use the "find more posts by" feature, IIRC.

#15399 RV6, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Why get Dummond when have DMo, Tarik and Joey?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.