1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think your underestimating that Pellies pick abit (or a lot)......

As it is, that's a lottery pick....agree on that.

Also, NO will likely slide as they have to play in the WEST...where they are already just 5-4....And besides before the season many of us figured they would be around 10-11 without injuries.

That said, this is the most injury prone team in the League....Almost impossible for them to get through the season without significant damage on that front..Asik is already missing games with his back.

And they are so reliant on one player...If Davis goes down for ANY period of time...they are in the toilet.

Add to this the new lottery system....

And you have a recipe for a top 10 pick...most likely top 5-8 or even better.

Plus...on why Boston would want picks....They are currency to get you stars...Also, with all due respect..the Celts aren't winning anything anytime soon.

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

The owners voted down the new lotto system.

And my money is on Davis staying healthy this year. He is bigger and stronger than before.

3. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

You think Tornoto would trade for Rondo when they have Mike Lowry? No way.

4. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

Plowman - How much of our depleted bench will be used to absorb Rondo (or, anyone else)? We are already limited within our front court, but with the departure of TJ or even DMO - who will be within the 8 to 9 man rotation? :confused:

5. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Give it up. It is not happening. Rondo would diminish Hardens value. And he is a rental. And from all accounts, pretty much an a**hole.

6. baubo

baubo Member

Remember, Celtics fans think Rondo is one of the best PGs in the entire NBA. They put him in the Westbrook/CP3 tier or at worst slightly below that. That's where the disconnect comes from. Most Rockets fans think of Rondo as being a good 3rd guy on a contender with iffy injury history. Celtics fans remember his 40+ point games in the playoffs against LeBron.

7. basketballholic

The Pels pick is the single greatest trade asset we have. It's not about the pick. It's about the asset. It's about what you, Boston, can convert the asset to. You can convert the Pels pick to a lot more than any other player we have. But I named you the likely players. Some combination of Bev, Canaan, Terry, Kostas, and the pick.

My question to you is: What team is going to give Boston more trade value than what I just listed? Name the team and the pieces.

8. basketballholic

Celtics fans are right. Rondo is a top 5 to 7 PG in the NBA. And with the right team, he is top 4 among PGs and top 10 among all players in the league......on the right team.

That is why Ainge is the one with the dilemma. Ainge KNOWS he ain't getting but maybe 60 cents on the dollar worth of value for Rondo if he trades him. By the same token, Ainge knows Rondo is walking on him if Rondo doesn't get a no-trade clause. So Ainge simply can't sign Rondo and turn him into a trade asset. He's got to decide whether to keep him long-term or trade him for what he can get for him in between now and the trade deadline OR face the possibility of Rondo walking for N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

9. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

If Morey makes any deal this season, it will not be for a guard. The Rockets are filled to the brim with serviceable guards on this roster. Given roster composition the only possible deal Morey will make is for a big. I could actually see Morey packaging up Canaan and the Pel's pick for a serviceable big. That is the only trade that makes sense.

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I like Rondo, but it's just hard to make a trade work between the Celts and Rox with his contract. Then you look at their needs in a trade versus what we have to offer in a trade and it just doesn't make too much sense for either side.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No thank you to Rondo - let's find someone who compliments our team...

DD

12. CelticsFan

CelticsFan Member

Yes picks can get you stars but so doesn't Rondo. What star wants to come to a team without a star? IMO Rondo will attract free agents. I agree with you that the Celtics aren't winning anything soon.......unless something drastic happens. What is stopping the Celtics from resigning Rondo and going after another star. Rondo has said he wants to stay in Boston. Celtics have cap space and picks why wouldn't they look to get better overnight. Ainge aggressively went after Love this offseason so his plan as of a few months ago was to acquire a star what has changed?

For the record as a Celtics fan I want to trade Rondo but not for spare pieces. I would rather the cap space from him walking away with the possibility of a sign and trade in the offseason.

When it comes to the Pelicans pick I think that's where I don't agree with you Plow. I still think the Pelicans will be in it til the end for that last playoff spot. Davis is getting better everyday I bet the Pelicans will be buyers not sellers at the deadline

13. basketballholic

like Lowry...or would you prefer Brooks?

14. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

LOL. You do need to sometimes insert /s.

15. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thank you, Robbie...I stand corrected on the lotto system part.

16. basketballholic

Add $19 million (Rondo's cap hold) to Boston's 2015 cap and you have no cap space to bring anybody in with in 2015.........unless you sign-and-trade for them and deplete the asset stash. 2016? perhaps. But Durant ain't going there. If you strike out in 2016....then what??????????

17. eman

eman Contributing Member

Until Bev heals, we ought to just play Harden at the point, with Jet, Canaan, and TD rotating at the 2. Rondo reduces Harden to a catch-and-shoot player. Might want to avoid that potential for bad chemistry.

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Why put 1 question mark when you can put 10 question marks

19. CelticsFan

CelticsFan Member

Assets are used for sign and trades as well as straight up trades. I promise the Celtics wont use all of their future picks, the picks will be used to dump contracts or bring in players.

20. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I've heard Rondo say some nice things about our team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.