1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

nooo!!

2. today

today Contributing Member

Do you think that Morey values bringing in a player this year who will be a free agent next year (restricted or unrestricted), thereby allowing us to use cap space next year on another FA and then later resign the player to go over the cap?

3. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Ditto. Rondo's the real deal, proven playoff closer ect. and jewerly.

4. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

today - I would say so as our window is now.It DOES allow for the flexibility you mentioned AND we won't be giving up nearly as much......I think some facsimile of this has always been the plan...to load up and go get it.

5. cyberx

cyberx Member

That's funny, Morey was trying to convince Ainge to take Jones at the deadline last year. What a load of crap.

6. jacoby

jacoby Member

That guy on twitter isn't an insider lol. He constantly badgers others for inside info.

7. rocketman94

rocketman94 Member

CYBOOOOMB!

8. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Why I hate this thread so much...

9. basketballholic

Why would you want Rondo and not want Rubio?

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Playoffs, he can shoot from somewhere on the court, he can lay the ball up, he tends to avoid getting fouled (which is good because refs dont want to call 573932057 fouls against one team, and we were running into enough lin get hit in head and no callitis last year)

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Lol that is something that sounds like Morey

12. madsaaa93

madsaaa93 Member

Cyberx and/or Plowman, would you guys say that upgrading PG or PF is more of a priority? Cheers! appreciate the insight!

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Wouldn't Rondo be semi-sorta off the table until December? Seems Terry would be a large part of such a trade.

14. today

today Contributing Member

Thanks Plow....

I think it would be cool if Morey kept notes about his time as a GM of the Rox and release a book after he retires. It would be great to hear his thought process while putting together deals and the strategies he employs to gain extra value.

15. bmd

bmd Member

"And that's when I got on Clutchfans. I wasn't having success trying to trade for a PF, but after logging in, I gained a wealth of information about trades by browsing the "paging cyberx" thread. The rest is history."

16. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

bring on Faried!

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I think Plow is hinting more towards Bass or Ilyasova type players, Faried is much more then just an average PF to hold down the starting spot until Dmo is ready.

18. basketballholic

Rondo's cap hold this summer is going to be $19,363,636 or a max salary slot, whichever is smaller.

Dragic's cap hold this summer is going to be $11,250,000.

Rubio's cap hold this summer is going to be $11,651,198.

Bledsoe's situation is tricky. If he signs the qualifying offer, then his cap hold next summer is $9,317,415 for PHX. But if he is traded by PHX midseason after he signs the qualifying offer then his cap hold for his new team becomes $4,472,359(120%) but the team that trades for him only has the non-bird exception to re-sign him to a salary starting at that $4,472,359 OR they have to be under the cap and use cap space.

This kinda defeats the purpose of what is being suggested above that a team could trade for a PG and use the low cap hold to create space to sign another max free agent. At least it holds true in Bledsoe's and Rondo's cases. So the scenario described above portends towards Goran or Rubio.

19. baubo

baubo Member

Technically, the Rockets can include Papa to make the salaries work, but I hope they don't. Not just a PR standpoint, but I really like what he can bring.

20. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

I know. I just said that because everyone was hyping that after the Faried showing this summer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.