1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CelticsFan

CelticsFan Member

A second rounder would be good. Can the Rockets take on 6.9 million without sending anything in return?

2. basketballholic

Gee, Hopson, and Covington (or Powell) is enough salary for him. Gee to Sac. Terry/Hopson/Covington to BOS. Bass and the picks to H-Town.

Terry by himself is enough to get the deal done but we can't trade for Terry using the 150% rule and then immediately flip him again using the 150% rule back-to-back to step-up salary basis and acquire Bass. If we just moved Terry for Bass after trading for Terry we'd have to wait an unknown amount of time (probably 60 days according to Coon).

#9522 basketballholic, Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Better than being castrated, consider yourself lucky. :grin:

4. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

If Plowman is saying a supplemental PF to bridge to Dmo then Jones/Bev for Bass/Rondo makes some sense.

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

This thread man.

Seriously though. Its sad to see someone playing the Judas Goat role like this. So many people just want to believe anything, and others get a kick out of stoking their fire only to have a ice cold bucket of water ready to poor on the flame.

Look... Morey and any GM in professional sports would upgrade when a deal comes his way that upgrades the team, but the term "Supplementary PF" isn't going to be in Morey or any smart GM's vocabulary.

I got back news for you guys, he's not going to move Jones and/or destroy the development and value of him, D-Mo, and even Capela for the sake of a minute upgrade that is arguably an upgrade at best. And an upgrade that locks them out of assets & cap flexibility to make other IMPACTFUL deals that actually help the team.

If you folks need this excitement to get through the day so be it. Just don't be surprised when other posters pretty much call you an idiot in 2 months when you try to crucify Morey when he doesn't trade away half the team, and creating Jones/D-Mo/Papa hate threads every other day in 4 weeks cause they aren't someone "Franchise Changing" like Ersan Ilya-I-cant-stay-healthy-Sova, or 1 from 9 from the free throw line Whiky Wubio.

Believe what you want, but don't be afraid to question some things.

6. basketballholic

The handwriting is on the wall for Terrence. He'll be moved.......soon.

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Do you have twitter to keep me updated?

8. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

I would agree that Rondo (for TJones plus salaries plus the N.O. pick) plus Bass (for the Lin TE) should be the most obtainable of any of the scenarios for the limited assets we possess. It simply makes too much sense for both teams. The difficulty in getting together probably lies in Ainge and Morey both being somewhat guilty of overvaluing their assets, and/or wanting to win every trade.

Cyberx's scoop that the Rockets are worried about how Rondo would coexist with Dwight/Harden might be from him hearing spin put out by the Rockets, not wanting act too eager to do the trade. There was a big thread this past Spring by none other than Cyberx that the Rockets were hot to trot to get him, so I would guess they are putting out mixed signals.

9. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Go get a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and scrub it off. He's my P-Pat.

10. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I would imagine ilyasova. And my favorite likely-to-happen target for the TPE. That would explain the 7 although it doesn't explain the 24, dmo's age? Being a mentor for him as well?

The rondo and bass thing make a lot of sense as well and fits. Bass for a year at the pf with dmo playing majority backup 4/5 minutes. Would imply Jones gone to Boston or third team. Bass especially fits moreys style because of flexibility since he is expiring. Could even re-flip him at the deadline.

11. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Not totally true. Bledsoe has some leverage. The longer this goes on the more it turn in Bledsoe's favor. If the Suns allow him to sign the tender they are basically saying leave us with nothing next year. The only thing they have on there side is his injury history.

Once he signs, the Suns cannot trade him with without his consent. So he can choose to stay in phoenix the whole year and leave them high and dry next summer. In my opinion they would be stupid to do this and I don't think they want to take that chance.

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Didn't the Rockets bring in Marcus Smart before the draft? They must know the type of player the Celtics have. I wonder if they are using that for leverage too.

13. delishman

delishman Member

We just need to tell Bled to hurry the heck up. #OCT1

14. CelticsFan

CelticsFan Member

As a Celtics fan I would be pretty bummed out if a trade of Rondo and Bass for TJones and NO 1st pick went down. I would like to think Bass could be traded at the deadline and when it comes to Rondo getting another PF when we already have a young KO and Sullinger there doesn't make much sense. I would like to think a better offer comes Boston's way

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Just because Monroe did something stupid and extremely risky doesn't mean Bledsoe will too.

Players go into training camp all the time in pro sports without a new deal, and even though there is some sour feelings at first, when the player signs and gets back on the court/field etc. its back to business.

If Bledsoe signs the QO, yes its not great news for the Suns, but it's still a better option than the alternative of signing him to the max and having him turn into another Eric Gordon.

(keep in mind that the Suns were the ones who signed Gordon, a eerily similar player, to the max. You can't think for a minute that they don't see what could have happened with them there, and that it's not impacting the way they are going into the Bledsoe negotiations)

As long as we can assume people's heads are on straight (that doesn't always happen I do agree), there is no reason to think that Bledsoe, even if he misses some of camp, will go all Royce-White on the Suns, and miss pay checks by sitting out and pouting, and that he won't eventually sign a very fair deal that the Suns are using as a starting point for negotiations.

If he does sign the QO, than they get a hell of a bargain contract this year, and if he has a great year in Phoenix, I've seen crazier things than a free agent who resigned with a team that he was at odds with 12 months before. They might very well be willing to take that gamble regardless.

Just saying.... This type of holdout happens all the time in other sports, and almost always ends up with the player backing off and signing for less. I don't see how this situation would that much different just because it rarely happened in the past in the NBA. A sports contract negotiation is a sports contract negotiation, and history often repeats itself.

16. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Given that Rondo is expiring, coming off a major injury, likely wanting a max deal, rumored to want out, you have a replacement in Smart, the Celtics are rebuilding, and he will want to go to only a certain number of contenders most of which are set at PG since it is the most talent saturated position in the league....

How many options do the Celtics really have?

17. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Bumping this because it could be relevant now...

19. jch1911

jch1911 Member

24 - 7 DMo = FT starter (or a player who avgs 24 pts & 7 rebs / game)?

I am going to interpret it as a FT starter :grin:

I am going to think Ilyasova with TPE as a stop gap (I know his contract says 3 years, but IIRC the 3rd year is an option year)

20. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Yes. Even if they can't find the salaries to match, the Rockets have a $8.4 million trade exception from the Jeremy Lin trade. Hypothetically, they can absorb Bass's salary without sending anything out.

Also, contrary to what others seem to believe, I see no reason why Terry could not be acquired from Sacramento and then shortly thereafter traded (by himself) to Boston for Bass.

I'm not saying any of this will happen (I have NO insider information), just that it is possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.