1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven

Raven Member

Like I said, Bledsoe either signs or he's an irrational idiot. I could maybe understand him saying FU and playing out his last year, if he had zero concerns about his health, but he'll never get a 50 million dollar contract offer again if his knee get worse, so he's going to drag it out and sign.

After Bledsoe commits, Dragic will almost certainly be put on the market. At that point, it's simply a matter of who offers the most. I think Dragic is gettable, but it's going to take most of Morey's assets.

2. CertifiedTroll

This is all part of the fappening.

3. NotChandlerParsons

Everything about Phoenix's handling of offseason says to me they (correctly) value Dragic over Bledsoe. They might match him but they will be looking to move him rather than Dragic.

4. hooroo

hooroo Member

A lottery team looking to lock up a 28yo player over the 24yo. This just says Sarver doesn't care about building for the future or winning. He's catering to the demographic that fills his stadium. That's why they were willing to extend and keep Nash if he hadn't ring chased.

5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Because?

6. basketballholic

Because they are cheap and would rather pay a 24-year-old Bledsoe $14 million per season than pay a 28-year old Dragic $18 million per season.

7. gregas

gregas Member

You have zero information about who they value and who they don't, who's their preference, what's their long term plan or basically what do they plan to do in any aspect of running their franchise, along with everybody else on this board, so why don't you stop pretending you do.

8. NotChandlerParsons

Dragic doesn't rely on his athleticism and does much, much more for the offense than Bledsoe. Bledsoe's a nice two way player but you can get those guys through the draft/open market, you can't replace a 20/8 guy who shoots 50/40 (!!!).

9. basketballholic

What you don't know.

Ignored.

10. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

18!?! Is that dragics max? Do you see him getting that much when he opts out? Is any pg worth that nowadays?

11. rocketseagles07

If he plays like he did last year I think someone will pay him that. If parsons can get 16 dragic can get 18

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

You are spot on. PHX media and fans love Dragic. The Suns are much better with him on the court. Even Bledsoe plays better with Dragic. Dragic may be older at 28, but he is peaking right now.

13. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

Out of the point guards mentioned, I would prefer Dragic over Bledsoe/Rondo/Rubio as long as we keep Beverley. Dragic's ability to run an offense and his shooting would be deadly for the Rockets.

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

As much as I like Dragic, I think Rondo is a better basketball player.

15. Zbed

Zbed Member

Any interest on bringing TMac back?!?!

16. mollamar

mollamar Contributing Member

Repped for bringing up the level of discourse in this thread.

Interesting theory. Similarly, there is a big divide between those of us who great up and learned how to interact before the internet and those who grew up after (hence my sig).

1 person likes this.
  17. delishman

delishman Member

Plowman already confirmed T-Mac is coming back.

#13ScoopsIn35Seconds #ItsOnPlowman #ElectivePlowmanMicrofracture

18. mollamar

5700 posts since feb13. Talking like an old timer. Who were you before feb13? My guess is you are another DD alter ego.

19. mollamar

DM, in his press tour after the Bosh Parsons weekend, kept saying that we will be better going into next year's playoffs than we were this year. I assumed that meant organic growth from within and jelling of our team, with maybe some trade deadline shenanigans. I'm starting to think he had more of a road map than that including restocking picks and non guaranteed / expiring contracts then then making a more major move.

20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Jopatmc. Good poster but can take this forum way too seriously sometimes.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.