1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

true

and Cstyle42 posted "That's what I'm hearing too"

we just have too many insiders;)

2. traveler

traveler Member

lol

roe4christ was also discovered to be in Indonesia by IP. Make the complaint to management if you or any others have a problem with me. Maybe they will ban me and I will be gone. Go for it. I dare you. :eek:

3. bmd

bmd Member

I know stories take hours or days to confirm.

I thought the article was written after they break the story on Twitter first.

I mean, the tweets always come several hours before an article is published online.

4. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Here's a Doc Rocket one:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=23751&highlight=minutes

1 person likes this.
  5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It got delayed. Do plans not get delayed? Does Morey always make the trade the day he planned on it? He never decides to think it over for another day? He never gets offers that cause him to wait a little longer? People don't agree to deal with him and then change their mind? Seriously, y'all are thinking too hard about it. Clearly, it's very possible the source said something would go down on X day or within X days and then it changed. **** happens. That doesn't automatically make these guys frauds or without credible sources.

I don't know about y'all, but if I had a credible source and they told me we're working on a big deal for Friday, I'm not sure i'd be able to leave that information out. I'd want to let people know when to expect it.

6. bmd

bmd Member

Why is there never any follow up?

Why doesn't the source come back later and give an update if things have changed?

7. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

Dude you guys have too much time on yal hands

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Because it's not his job.

I really doubt the source is going out of his way to make sure Plowman is getting fed constant information, as it happens. Cyberx himself has said he has to go back and ask, and even then he's had to wait to get in touch with the person. A source could be an old high school buddy that he hangs out with every few weeks or it could be his own brother. We dont know, and depending on that, how often he gets info would vary. It would be much more difficult to bug the friend constantly than your own brother....and your own brother is more likely to come back to you and keep you updated, while the buddy may not care enough to track you down.

Or maybe the brother was invited into the "war room" when he got the first info and hasn't been in there since, or isn't there as often as the top guys.....there are just lots of different possible scenarios to choose from..

#9068 RV6, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  9. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Is this the longest thread in CF history? It's full of absolutely nothing.

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Or it's full of absolutely everything.

11. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Plowman called it to me a few days before it happened in a personal email. I might still have the email.

Before he dropped that the Rockets were looking to upgrade the point guard position, he didn't feel like putting himself out there, now I see why. That said, he cares a great deal about the board and really wanted to share the info. Doesn't really matter whether or not people believe him. It's good information, but things can change on a dime.

At the very least we have had a lot to talk about in the slow offseason. It's been fun. I still feel like something will happen, just don't know when.

12. CCorn

CCorn Member

So....cp3?

13. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

so post and we will all shut the fu**ck up about it.

aellliot is saying doc rocket is legit due to a kevin willis scoop from 2001 (http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread...hlight=minutes..thats a little shakey but I will take it) and now you are saying we have a bona fide badass sending emails in advance to lucky fans.

I like it and I want to believe but pics please or it didnt happen

1 person likes this.
  14. basketballholic

It is both hilarious and sad that we have a whole new hatching of posters who don't know if Doc Rocket is legit or not. If you only knew who Doc Rocket was...........

15. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

umm sad that people aren't believing everything they read on the internet?

The link aelliott posted was from 2001.
    Why dont you enlighten us.

16. akeemshook

akeemshook Member

Plowman called it to me a few days before it happened in a personal email. I might still have the email.*

That would be interesting considering the fact that the team was working on a Bosh/Parsons scenario a few days before the Ariza signing.

1 person likes this.
  17. basketballholic

I can't. My name is not Clutch or Bima. ;)

(and many of you guys would doubt them if they told you....)

18. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

That is true, but Morey is always working on contingency plans. The framework of Ariza's deal could've been worked out while the Bosh Parsons situation was still up in the air.

19. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Show your cards homie.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Gersson follows Doc on Twitter..And he only seems to follow family, athletes, media and others involved in pro sports.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.