1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Make things happen as in give him the max?

2. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

That was the general thought about it all from about day 3 onwards, so it wouldn't really surprise me, as it was really transparent. Or are you talking the roster flipping he did?

3. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

This shouldn't surprise anyone. Many have suspected he was just using other teams as leverage.

4. clos4life

clos4life Member

Sounds about right. He did it perfectly too. Unfortunately for him the Knicks are still gonna suck for a couple years.

5. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Both Melo and Bosh chose the money over the potential of winning. I guess some players are built that way. Their choice.

I can still dream. If our current team is not enough, maybe Harden can lure Durant away in 2016. Reason why we're signing all these 2-yr min deals. Even if Howard walks, maybe Durant is another domino that falls to us, and then another big would want to sign with us for a run at a championship.

Internal growth. Flexibility to sign another superstar. Coaching change. That's all Morey has to work with at this point. The team is already being run as efficiently as possible and using the most advanced stats possible.

6. AkeemOlaDROwon

Couple years? I think they'll be bad for even longer. Lots of unproven front office and too many missing pieces. I don't buy all this 'Phil can build a winner' BS. He's coached championship teams but let's not forget he's not coaching. Rod Thorn drafted Jordan and Jerry West drafted Kobe. I know what you're thinking, b...b...but Derek will know Phils coaching style since he's played as a starting point guard under his watch. People who know the 'Zen Master's' coaching style haven't really faired too well as coaches.

Per ESPN

Jim Cleamons was a long-time assistant under Jackson. He went 28-70 as head coach of the Dallas Mavericks and was fired 16 games into his second season in 1997.

Bill Cartwright won three titles as a player under Jackson in Chicago and would join his staff as an assistant soon after retiring. But Cartwright struggled as head coach after taking over the Bulls in 2001, posting a 51-100 record.

Kurt Rambis, a longtime assistant under Jackson in Los Angeles, lasted only two seasons in Minnesota after being hired as head coach in 2009. He compiled a 32-132 record – the worst in the NBA over that two-season span. One asterisk here: Rambis did go 24-13 as an interim coach with the Lakers prior to working under Jackson.

Brian Shaw spent four seasons as a player with the Lakers under Jackson – winning three titles before joining his bench as an assistant. Shaw finally landed a head coaching job with the Nuggets last year, but went 36-46 in his first season.

7. zigzag

zigzag Member

My sauce says "don't eat me please"

8. MONON

MONON Member

I wouldn't include Brian Shaw as an example, since he's still coaching the Nuggets withan oppertunity to improve.

9. rock34

rock34 Member

Meh, it's a business. Except the Rockets way of doing business is a constant reminder of this
    For players more so than other teams I guess. Players can be butthurt all they want but it doesn't change the fact that if it wasn't for the Rockets who gave him the opportunity Chandler doesn't get a MAX contract, Asik doesn't get 8 million when he did, Lin well go see
    What it took for us to get rid of that contract. In the end, it's always a business. The location,
    Chance to win, coach, those are all perks that if you can choose great but if not well there
    Millions of reason why to play for a franchise (see Melo, Bosh). In the end Ariza did come back to the Rockets and he was traded too.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

That's what everyone has been assuming for a while now, so yeah. Probably true.

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Other than poor Chandler's pride. :(

12. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Been out for a few days. Can anyone catch me up on the last 48 hours of this riveting, prescient thread?

13. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Yep... my friend (ESPN) said the same thang..... :grin: :cool:

Sorry couldn't help myself...

T_Man

14. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

There was a signing that fell through. Lebron almost signed with Houston. But opted for Cleveland because he enjoyed the public school systems better in Cleveland.

15. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

That's for the better. With Ariza owning the SF spot, he would only get minutes at PF and that would hamper the development of Jones and DMo.

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Can LeBron shoot spot up threes? No? Then we don't need him. #ArizaMVP

17. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Oh oh drew twitted today will be a good day? Maybe he meant this Saturday

18. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

He got a date.

:grin:

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

People are still paying attention to King Drew?

20. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Can't wait until tonight. I'm going in like a lil Wayne and drake song.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.