1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dude1394

dude1394 Member

I'm curious do you think morey was doing him a favor? That does not seem to be in character.

2. hooroo

hooroo Member

not an issue. contracts can be agreed upon but signed at a later date. it happens all the time.

3. jk103

jk103 Member

Because their 2nd point guard is Raymond Felton.

Honestly Parsons's comments surprise me. Nothing he's done in the last 3 years have shown him to be anything less than a dedicated, hard worker and a perfect teammate. If you're pissed at him for singing the ridiculous Mavs contract, you really have to ask, what did the Rockets say or do to try and convince him not to sign? There's a lot of sides to this story that we just don't have access to.

4. dude1394

dude1394 Member

Market value to me is what he gets on the open market, it is not what morey or parson or anyone else says it is. Just my interpretation.

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I don't have a problem with the amount but the stipulations of the contract and the manner it was officially agreed upon was whack.

6. Nook

Nook Member

Parsons went and signed the most difficult contract for the Rockets to match. He had to know that the contract was structured such that the only way the Rockets would match is if they signed Bosh first.

Also, Parsons was already firing shots PRIOR to the three day deadline for the Rockets to match.

What this all boils down to is Parsons viewed/views himself as the third option the Rockets needed and the Rockets viewed him as the fourth option.
    Parsons feelings are hurt..... there are no real winners in this..... Parsons got his money, the Rockets retained their flexibility.

3 people like this.
  7. rocketshopeful

This is a real concern and one of the few good points you have rambled about. In fact, I think when Morey has to step down, it will have a lot to do with this, unless Morey adapts his approach and his pitch to NBA Players both on and off the Rockets.

8. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Every team treats players like trade assets, Morey is just running on recency bias. Listen to Channing Frye, take the money, you could get traded any time.

9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Yeah...that worked well for the Timberwolves and Joe Smith.

10. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Carmelo just took the max from a historically terrible and inept organization.

I know everyone creates their own narratives to justify their opinions but this is outta control. WE LET CHANDLER OUT OF HIS CHEAP CONTRACT AND HE BECAME A MULTI-MILLIONAIRE. We had him under club control. WE DID HIM A SOLID.

Teenage girl twitter ramblings is what it is. A reflection of CHANDLER not the Rockets.

1 person likes this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

"Man I was going to sign with Houston, but Omar Shariff said the Rockets were whack!" - Carmelo Anthony

"I was all in for the Rockets under Chandelier Person said Morey did him dirty!" - Chris Bosh

Having Asik and Parsons complain is not the end of the world. What is a larger concern is the agents.... and Morey has thus far handled that fine... he even bent over and took it up the ass on Parsons letting him out early.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Every team trades players but there is still a question of more likely to be traded vs. less likely. The turnover rate on the Rockets are on the very high end and Morey admits he plans on keep churning the roster until he has 3 stars.

13. Raven

Raven Member

No, he views himself as the heir apparent to Dirk, with at least two more max contracts in his future. It was never going to work out with Parsons.

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

that's a completely different situation.

pj tucker and jordan hill say, "hi, i am champion, thank you very much".

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. Classic

Classic Member

Absolutely.

I think Morey made an exception for Chandler after Dwight signed and Chandler hired Dwight's agent.

If Morey was simply looking at numbers the no-brainer was to lock Chandler in.

There was a human element on how this all went down and no doubt Chandler would have been sulking his ass off for all the x-factor work he put in for the organization to not pay him when they could have.

16. Classic

Classic Member

THIS.

17. sabesque

sabesque Member

Seriously, though. EVERYONE was surprised the Rockets didn't pick up Chandler's option. It was a very player-friendly move... It was against their expected practices

So, let me get this straight:
    1. Morey didn't pick up CP's Option, letting him make max money instead of <1 million
    2. Cuban structured the deal to screw the Rockets
    3. Chandler signed an offer sheet structured to screw the Rockets

And we're getting painted as the bad guys here?

18. rocketshopeful

The thing is these nba players are young and very impressionable, didn't lance Stephenson leave to a worse team, harder conference, and less money?. I agree agents are also a concern (doesn't fegan hate morey?).

On paper, you would think it doesn't matter, but don't downplay the human component aspect of all of this.

19. basketballholic

The question we'll probably never be able to get the answer to is: How much would Morey have given Parsons?

Here's the thing....Morey was going to match the deal if they had gotten Bosh. That tells you Morey would pay Parsons that kind of money under the right circumstances.

And the irony is Dirk passed on somewhere between $20-$40 million to play for a measly $21 million over the next 3 seasons!!!!!!

Parsons wasn't willing to trust Les and Daryl the same way that Dirk (and himself) trusts Cuban. Make of that what you will.

20. FaBo

FaBo Member

Yeah, I wouldn't understand it either if Chandler really was upset about the Rockets not matching. After all, they did him a favor for letting him out of his contract early, and if he had wanted to be back with the Rockets, he shouldn't have signed that ridiculous offer sheet. I liked Parsons last year, I still disagree with Morey's philosophy about the necessity of adding a third star, but even I would not have matched that contract.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.