1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

it is not as easy as it sounds, i'm sure they have asked many players and just haven't got the right one. Also the Kings have a lot more cap to work with

2. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

[​IMG]

Correct me if im wrong but didnt he beat IT for that Skills Challenge Trophy?:grin:

1 person likes this.
  3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Mark Cuban gets fined; all is right with the world

4. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

My theory is that Morey is waiting to see if anyone will offer KJ less than the MLE so that he can match it and then give Smoove the 2.49M plus whatever is left of the MLE. Morey is gonna be very patient when it comes to finding the right trade. Wouldnt be totally surprised if Bevs and JET are the PGs for game one.

5. micah1j

micah1j Member

We were all still waiting on Lebron last year at this point right?

6. Airdough

Airdough Member

The more I think about it, the more I think Morey will acquire a playmaker more than just a traditional point guard. Harden needs someone who can carry the load some nights, not necessarily a traditional point guard which is what hurts about Llull not coming over.

Honestly, Morey would love to still have a Parsons type player. Yes ,a traditional point guard with some athleticism can help off the bench to facilitate but the playmaker we are seeking is still a Parsons type 6th man. Just sad that his ego got in the way of understanding that.

7. Airdough

Airdough Member

Any dollar amount over the 2.49MM automatically triggers use of the MLE for his full salary. If Smoove signs a one year $3MM deal, the entire $3MM comes out of the MLE, meaning KJ's salary would have to start around $2.3MM.

That would also eliminate using any portion of the MLE on Harrel or any other Summer League prospects that breakout and we want to retain.

8. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Can't combine the two to resign Josh.

9. malakas

malakas Member

Gerald Green is still available. And probably Charlotte should sign him but they are sitting on their mle.

10. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

Lol well then... Seems like we are SOL. So basically we'd better hope that Smoove with play for $2.49M so we could use MLE on KJ

11. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Other GMs keep sleepin', Morey keeps eatin'.

12. sabesque

sabesque Member

I agree - I think that Harden is probably quite happy running our offense and being the primary ball handler. He just wants that second option that he knows will make something happen if he's getting doubled/tripled.

13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

If we can fit KJ and Smoove all under the MLE and make some small trades with the players/assets we have we can put our team in a position to get back to the WCF again.

Bev/Johnson/Prig
    Harden
    Ariza/Dekker/KJ/KPap
    DMo/Jones/Smoove/Harrell
    Howard/Capela/Dorsey

That's 15 players. Move Jones and two 2nd Rounders to Sacramento for Collison.

Bev/Collison/Johnson/Prig
    Harden
    Ariza/Dekker/KJ/KPap
    Dmo/Smoove/Harrell
    Howard/Capela/Dorsey

S&T JR Smith on a one-year deal at $6 million for KPap/Prig

Bev/Collison/Johnson
    Harden/JR Smith
    Ariza/Dekker/KJ
    DMo/Smoove/Harrell
    Howard/Capela/Dorsey

That leaves one roster spot open for say, Dorrell Wright if you want.

Bev/Collison/Johnson
    Harden/JR Smith
    Ariza/Dekker/KJ/Wright
    DMo/Smoove/Harrell
    Howard/Capela/Dorsey

It's not a LaMarcus signing or a big splash but that team is deep.

14. sabesque

sabesque Member

Chris Broussard mentioned on ESPN that there's a "good chance" Smoove ends up back in Houston. For whatever that's worth.

15. steddinotayto

I think, at this point in his career, comfort is up there with $$ and he seems as comfortable here as he was in ATL. Hell, we give him at least a yellow light to jack up as many 3s as he wants. There aren't many playoff teams that could say the same.

16. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Multiple sources?

17. Nook

Nook Member

I still think Ty Lawson ends up in Houston if they can get him for almost nothing. His contract is a steal, he protects the ball very well, he can create very well, he is exceptional in the open court and he is capable of carrying an offense in spurts.

Off the court? Lets not discuss that.

18. Convictedstupid

We resigned Brewer.

19. steddinotayto

I'd take his off court antics and high levels of stupidity just to see our team make it back to the WCF and beyond.

20. Chamillionaire

Keep checking to see if we signed a PG yet. I guess I'm just gonna stop cause Morey ain't in no hurry I can promise yall that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.