1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malakas

malakas Member

if kj is matched at full mle there is almost nothing left for Harell. Smith is not certain we can bank on it.
    West was looking at the Wizards as well. They are not exactly what you could call contenders. He wanted competing teams and playing time. If we supposedly in a future trade deal Jones and Harell and Smith signs everywhere we needed him.
    It wouldn't hurt to talk to him and convince him to come. Plus two birds with one stone, takes him away from Cavs Spurs.

2. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Malakas I enjoy your input. Do you think we could possibly get JJ Redick from the Clippers if we give them Papa and Jones and maybe some picks? Including Haywood's contract, both Papa and Haywood could get them around 21 million in salary. Possibly bring in a serviceable center or decent PFs instead of 1 big contract guy. Instead they can get 2 or 3.

3. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I'm pretty sure he is making more than 15 million so the answer would be no, but even if he happens to make less, the answer is still no because I say so.

4. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

****! This season is over before it started.

With SAS, OKC, GSW, & CLE the Rockets don't stand a chance.

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The Rockets can sign Harrell to a 2 year deal without having to touch the MLE.

6. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

Malaka

7. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

I would take Markeiff in a heartbeat. Tough, can hit 3s, shoots a good percentage from FT line.

8. malakas

malakas Member

thank you persianrocket.
    I think that if they deal crawford, which was someone already put in the market from last season, and created lockeroom problems, they will hang on jj. The Clippers if this happens with the Cavs, should first look out East. The Wizards will be all too happy to get rid of Nene, but they will probably first inquire Miami to get them out ofthe lux tax they were forced to pay with Wade. I think though that if this deal doesn't happen we certainly can get Crawford from them by offering Jones. But maybe we don't want to.

9. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

The problem with Markieff is not how much money he makes, it's how many roster spots he takes. He'll only be 60% effective without his twin. The Suns gave him that contract knowing half of it was going to Marcus, but in reality they only wanted Markieff at 100%.

10. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Malakas do you really think the rockets who are contending would actually give McDaniels the full MLE?

11. malakas

malakas Member

yes I know. They can give him vet minimum. Who says he takes it though.
    Usually second rounders aren't paid vet minimums.

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Really? San Antonio has huge question marks. Can Duncan, West, and Diaw hold down the fort at center? Does Manu have anything left in the tank at (almost)38? Can Duncan and Parker hold off Father Time for another season? Will their inferior depth compared to last year prevent Pop from resting the older players during the regular season?

So does OKC? Is Durant's foot healed? Will they resign Kanter? Will the coaching change hurt them? Can the rest of the team stay healthy?

The Warriors and Cavs will be formidable assuming they stay healthy, but they're also not invincible. Especially Cleveland. They didn't exactly dominate a crappy Eastern Conference last season. And LeBron is gonna be 31 next year and has played an insane number of minutes in his career. We saw in the Finals that even he has his physical limitations now that he's getting older.

13. malakas

malakas Member

I thought no at first, but now it's 7/7 and I think yes.
    But it depends on how much pressures other FOs are prepare to put on Houston by poison pilling him. It will be interesting to see if Hinkie will go against Morrey.

14. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

What else are they going to get for the MLE this summer? FAs just got paid. What's left that would feasibly get with the MLE? At least KJ has upside going for him which could turn into real value. I'm not sure you'll see the same with the rest of the MLE candidates this year.

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm not sure we'll even have a need or roster spot for him. so if he doesn't agree to a cap-friendly deal i guess he could just take his dunks to the euroleague, philippines, or china for a while maybe :grin:

16. aumate

aumate Member

What do you mean the Cavs didn't dominate? They destroyed teams after the trade. Also, I think they were something like 33-3 when all the starters were healthy.

17. malakas

malakas Member

can't he sign a one year like kj?
    BTW he's a very nice trading chip. Very nice. He was someone projected to be mid first and is projected to contribute right away and be able to even play small ball center. He is worth much in a trade.
    Maybe some team that is not prepared to pay Jones lots of money will be more interested in a nice locked up Harell as a backup pf.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

"down and in the dumps" does not mean secretive, it usually means sad or the less traditional usage, dumpster diving.

19. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Can't you break up the MLE to use on multiple player like a veteran PG in Mo Williams ect?

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the one year would have to be mutually agreed to though i believe……i mean not signing a high 2nd rounder might put DM in a bad light with agents, but it's not like agents or GM's love him anyways. i'm not sure about harrell's worth right now, since we haven't seen his ability to finish inside against the big boys, defend the post, or stick the J against NBA defenses. as far as him dropping out of the first round, i realize there are guys like parsons and KJ and clarkson, but generally speaking these guys fall for legit reasons and most of them rightfully so

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.