1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

The dollar amount is high, but the contract is no longer ridiculous. If I were a Cavs fan, I'd be all over dumping dead salary and a minor asset for an expiring Joe Johnson.

2. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Btw if this guy really does get the max great. Apparently all you need to do now is be able to offensive rebound.

3. BeardlyBeardman

They just lost Brandon Bass to the Lakers. They will want at least one of T-Jones or D-Mo. I wouldn't do D-Mo but they can have Jones and Papa anytime.

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

That's true and that's great....but I can understand the sentiment. Just how far over the cap is he willing to go?

Kyrie, max.

Tristan, max.

K-Love, max.

LeBron, megamax.

Sideshow Bob the Ever Injured, near-$10 million a year.

Shumpert, $10,000,000 a year.

Mozgov, $5,000,000 a year (and waaay underpaid)

Dellavedova, what?, $3,000,000.

And I know there's more.

Not my deal, more power to him, indeed....although I really don't think K-Love will make it to next summer as a Cav (not that I know to where he'd be dealt).

5. Rokman

Rokman Member

For real??? Is biting allowed in the league cause I am making a run for the NBA! I am changing my name to Tooth Rokman. Gonna storm the league with my Offensive Rebounding prowess.

6. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Yes I agree. They could and would have to off load Vareja's contract to make it work ( along with Haywood) but it does seem crazy that you could have Lebron maxed out, Love maxed out, Kyrie maxed out, Thompson maxed out AND THEN trade for the second higher salary in basketball.

7. Airdough

Airdough Member

True but a max under the current cap versus a max under the new cap are what's driving these deals. If the players getting the max produce at current levels throughout the deal, their salaries will look less inflated compared to max deals signed by similar players in a couple of years.

The players get insurance in case of injury in exchange for giving their teams what will be a more cap friendly deal. It's a win win for both sides. In the case of the cavs, they are locking in a core that LeBron can win multiple titles with in Cleveland if they can stay healthy.

8. Rokman

Rokman Member

:eek: :eek: :eek:

9. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I have to admit that TT has turned into a damn good Power Forward. Not a great offensive option but the man can play some defense and he can rebound.

A Charles Oakley type of power forward always has a lot of value.

10. crash5179

Yep. I'm eiger to see the final numbers on the Cleveland salary cap situation once all of the smoke clears. Even with the 2016 projections coming in at around 90 million it looks like they could be headed towards luxury tax threshold.

11. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Maybe Lebronis trying to bleed Gilbert for being an a$$

12. basketballholic

So, you want to just take baby steps, eh? Beat the Warriors next season but lose to the Cavs??

The Cavs are the best team in the league right now.

2 primo guys is 2 primo guys.

3 guys actually. And those are huge signings. Love now locked down and either a player or a future trade asset. TT locked down, and Shump locked down.

So, they're keeping all their guys. And they've got probably the Taxpayers MLE to offer to Mo Williams or another good vet. And now they're beginning their journey to exploiting Brendan Haywood's contract. Whether it be Joe Johnson or some other player they're going to be adding to that core.

No, they are not going to be the "same team" as last year. They are going to be healthy and now everybody is locked in long-term. Plus they're going to add a piece with the taxpayer's MLE and no doubt another big player with the Haywood contract.

Cleveland was the best team last season. Their injuries diminished them to the point that they were beatable in the Finals. But if Lebron had had Kyrie and Love healthy....no contest...the Cavs would've won it all.

Now, you can be happy to try to build to beat the Warriors and I guess you can then cross your fingers in the Finals and hope that Love and Kyrie BOTH get into health issues simultaneously season after season. But that's not the wise and prudent thing to do.

Or you can choose to have a team built out to truly compete for rings against Cleveland over the next 6 years or so.

13. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Difference is you can hide Sweet Lou behind good perimeter defenders. But how do you coax production out of an average guard like Stuckey?

14. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Spurs interested in Mo Williams? <a href="http://t.co/JJQY3NXsOS">http://t.co/JJQY3NXsOS</a> <a href="http://t.co/Si5WfE8YDL">pic.twitter.com/Si5WfE8YDL</a></p>&mdash; HoopsHype (@hoopshype) <a href="https://twitter.com/hoopshype/status/618075833127858176">July 6, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

I'll be pissed if Morey doesn't at least try to sign Mo.

16. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

No kidding. Do the Spurs even have any capspace left?

17. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

No, they have a room exception.(About 2.8M)

18. Airdough

Airdough Member

The Spurs are "aggressively" pursuing a bench with vet minimum offers.

19. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

If Mo Williams can be had for that, then Morey has no excuse. We've got the MLE at our disposal. BTW, Woj tweeted out a few days ago that the Hornets are open to doing a S&T with Williams. So that's also an option if Morey wants to save the MLE for Smith and McDaniels or other free agents.

20. crash5179

Really, when was the last time Mo Williams struck fear into anyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.